Things we can do this event

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Things we can do this event

Postby Ork » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:52 am

Hey guys, many of you know me, those who don't should... sorry guys... for real, I am sorry :goblin:

Anyway, here are two new battles that we can do this event, they are the type of stuff we did in Ukraine (which is where I'm from) back in the day. Let me know what you think.

Battles we can do.
ETERNAL BATTLE
Forces of Light battle it out with forces of Darkness. You can presume Light to be good and Darkness to be evil but these are value judgments and Light and Darkness are more politically correct terms.
You know how at some battles there is a place where dead combatants go, to get their life back and fight again. Same idea here. There is a Well of Darkness and Well of Light out there, represented by buckets (bottles) of water at each team?s resurrection point. A circle of rope surrounds each well, there is no fighting within this area. Dead can?t walk, they must be dragged or otherwise brought to that place, drinking a cup of water brings them back to live. Once THREE (3) people gather by the well they ALL go back to fighting. People leave resurrection point ONLY in threes. This way those who die will be out of the fight for some time but decimated team will be able to recover quicker then winning team.
The game ends when heralds declare Wells exhausted at which point dead can no longer resurrect.
Version Simple:
Only dead from your own team can be resurrected at the team?s Well.
Version Normal:
All dead brought back to life at the Well of Darkness fight for team Darkness, all dead brought back to life at Well of Light fight for the team Light.
To avoid confusion people are encouraged to use their team?s battle cry as often as possible. Its is ?The Day Shall Come Again? or ?Day? or ?Light? for Team Light and ?Let There Be Night? or ?Night? or ?Darkness? for Team Darkness. This is especially important when playing Normal Version.

LAST STAND
Draw a large circle on the ground. Stick a flag in the middle of it. Defending team members may not step out of the circle with both feet. Attacking team wins if they manage to get the flag out of the circle. Defending team wins if they can hold on to the flag for certain period of time, say 15 minutes or so.
Requires a degree of coordination on the part of the defending team. May be more fun if attacking team does not have more then one archer.
Ork
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Teej » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 am

The "Last Stand" seems like it would be fun. I'd like to try that sometime.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby ShotadeMordor » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:46 pm

Yes, the Last Stand is the fun one. We need a better area to play it... It will be hard to draw a circle in the grass... Unless we spray paint it...
ShotadeMordor
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Teej » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Well I was about to say rocks or firewood, as a more nature-friendly solution... but I can see the broken ankles already...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ork » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:13 pm

Industrial spray paint, the one workers use to mark land for cables and such! Always knew I can depend on good ideas from you Shota! :D
Now if we could only get someone on board with ETERNAL BATTLE idea...
Ork
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Teej » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:20 pm

I'm not sure, so don't quote me on it, but I think there has been similar battles with respawning involved...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ork » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:36 pm

There sure have been, I've taken part in many of them. They usually tend to be fun but chaotic with dead and ressurected people running this way and that. Three at a time deal that I am proposing is new and that's the key feature of the game :target:
Ork
Recruit
Recruit

Postby kohntre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:49 pm

FLour is also an enviromental friendly method to mark the Circle

I like the good vs. Evil with respawn. keeps the fight going for longer, requires care for dead and wounded usually not taken.

Understanding that in one version, any persons drinking from Good well become Good and Evil well turn persons Evil?... Cool.
kohntre
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Teej » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:55 pm

kohntre wrote:I like the good vs. Evil with respawn. keeps the fight going for longer, requires care for dead and wounded usually not taken.

Agreed, like the comradery, I also like the flour idea...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Izareth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 pm

We have a valhalla battle slated for Beltaine, Ork. I think you'll like it. It isn't just like your eternal battle, but maybe we could put that one up on Friday!

Look forward to seeing you there, and your crew...
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby savetuba » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:30 pm

TeeDge wrote:Well I was about to say rocks or firewood, as a more nature-friendly solution... but I can see the broken ankles already...

Try rope.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby banalgeist » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:42 pm

they make marking paint. they use it on soccer fields ad football fields. for a case of 12 cans its about 40 to 50 dollars. i'd just use white spray paint.
banalgeist
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Ork » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 pm

Did Valhalla lo-ong time ago. Won a sword from sir Keg himself! It was fun but a little chaotic. me as a spearman, I prefer not to have random people running around. Shiledmen can afford to exchange few blows with a person while figuring out whose team he/she is on, I don't have that luxury. Never wanted to be a warrior, always a soldier, if you catch the difference :goblin:

Anyway, hope those who will be there this Winter War will support this game, I will be trying to make it happen.
Ork
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Freyson » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:55 pm

This Eternal Battle WILL happen. We were already planning on something similar, but this idea is a bit better.

We are also planning on the Dragon chest battle, which is sort of a 3 team capture the flag. 3 teams each with a fort. Each fort starting with 3 chests, one of each team color. The goal is to get your team's chests from the other forts into your fort while protecting the chests in your fort from the other teams. If you die or are wounded outside of your fort, you can be dragged and healed. If you die inside, or outside and don't want to be dragged, you go to Valhalla for a few minutes.

By the way, we southerners don't do that pansy "Dont shoot into the fort!!!" or "Hey, you stepped over the line into my fort!" Nope, you get some twine and about 30 minutes to go make your fort. And when you hear that Akbar just took out a fort all by himself it does not mean he killed everyone, it means he got a huge shield and a running start! It also means a hold while we dig out the survivors. Hey, you built it. If you didn't trust it to hold up why did ya stay inside? We also don't go for that "This piece of cloth represents the chest!" We go get some cardboard boxes, reinforce them and fill them with 20-70lbs, and watch people try to run with them.
Freyson
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Teej » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:09 pm

Freyson wrote:This Eternal Battle WILL happen. We were already planning on something similar, but this idea is a bit better.

We are also planning on the Dragon chest battle, which is sort of a 3 team capture the flag. 3 teams each with a fort. Each fort starting with 3 chests, one of each team color. The goal is to get your team's chests from the other forts into your fort while protecting the chests in your fort from the other teams. If you die or are wounded outside of your fort, you can be dragged and healed. If you die inside, or outside and don't want to be dragged, you go to Valhalla for a few minutes.

By the way, we southerners don't do that pansy "Dont shoot into the fort!!!" or "Hey, you stepped over the line into my fort!" Nope, you get some twine and about 30 minutes to go make your fort. And when you hear that Akbar just took out a fort all by himself it does not mean he killed everyone, it means he got a huge shield and a running start! It also means a hold while we dig out the survivors. Hey, you built it. If you didn't trust it to hold up why did ya stay inside? We also don't go for that "This piece of cloth represents the chest!" We go get some cardboard boxes, reinforce them and fill them with 20-70lbs, and watch people try to run with them.

* this is gonna be fun... two more days...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Bruce » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:47 pm

I like the Eternal Battle idea for the following reason: every time I killed someone from the opposing team, I'd drag them to MY well to add to our forces...
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mildly drunk.

Return to Upcoming Events