Spring War (Amt) Mar 15-19 Texas THE BIG ONE!!!

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Spring War (Amt) Mar 15-19 Texas THE BIG ONE!!!

Postby Wisp » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:53 pm

Amtgard's Spring War is next month Mar 15-19th. This is THE Amtgard event for the year. You all are of course invited and we'd love to see as many of you as possible. Forget all other Amt events, this one is the biggy. The BEST fighters, the BEST partys, the BEST everything. If it's the top in Amtgard, it's at Springwar.

http://www.thewaygate.com/springwar.html

Hope to see you there Belegarth! This is our version of Rag or Arm. The one special event that everybody whose anybody attends.

Wisp
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Sol Invictus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Small Punch, 32" Blue

Postby Loptr » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:03 am

I am going to be there.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Lord Onyx » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:58 pm

So this is the largest Amtgard event of the year? Is there a lot of ditching? Do people complain a lot about swing too hard or shield checking? Can hardcore Belegarth fighters have fun there?
Onyx Warlord EBF

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other * die for his.. (General Patton)"

Ruining medieval experiences every where with OAKLEYS!
Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 1991
Realm: Triad
Unit: EBF

Postby TuSocks » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Yes, this is one of if not the largest event of the year. I have been to several large scale events in Belegarth including Arm and it's still not half as big as SW.
As far as ditching, 24 hour lit ditching, so honestly if you wanted to go ditch 3am or 3pm you could.
As far as being "hardcore" and would a hardcore fighter have fun, well that depends, There is a lot of fighting. We have a lot of top end fighters at SW including the majority of Sword knights. Everybody comes there to fight people from across the country and impove there stick and learn new tricks. So, there is plenty of fast paced fighting if that's what you want. You will be a lot faster by the end of the event.
Nobody from our Amtgard groups from Equinox was offended by your hard hits or hard swinging so I can't see anybody being to much different in TX.
As far as shield checking, there is no shield checking allowed in Amtgard, no one will really care if you bump there shield, but you will be expected to follow theAmt 7.0 rules. Excessive, shield bashing will prolly get you kicked off the field or in a fight or well...in a fight. (Not talking mess, just being honest)
Most of SW is Ditching and tourneys except for the big battle at the end which is a class battle.

To have fun you would prolly have to:

Get Amt Weapons(The tech in TX is lightyears beyond the common belstick, You'd prolly get hit 2-3x before you could get off 1 shot even with one of the light EBF flails, plus nobody uses flails there)

Bring a lighter shield, easier to use at Amtgard.

And just remember it is a different game and you'll prolly have a lot of fun. There is a lot of fun after parties and the people are pretty nice for the most part and will be excited to see people from another game.

Let me know if you have anymore questions,

TuSocks
TuSocks
------------------------
Squire to Sir Tzigana
That's right...go complain to her
TuSocks
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Loptr » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:32 am

TuSocks has it right.

I have not been to a Spring War yet. However it is considered one of the MAIN events of the year. This is located in TX this is near where amt got its start, the second kingdom if memory serves.
I am told a lot of the fighters down there are harder hitting than the avg Amt fighter. Pre uber light tech the swords were very similar to the current Bel standard.
Amt does NOT allow shield bashing, shield kicking, or grappeling (You can do it to me I don?t care) while this does not mean don?t touch my shield, just use common sense and don?t put more force into a normal bump and there should not be any problems.

Any questions on building Amt tech equipment let me know.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Underhill » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 pm

I'm there. This will be my first event (I know it's not Bel, but I want to get a feel for what I need to get my realm to match), BTW.
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Loptr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Underhill wrote:I'm there. This will be my first event (I know it's not Bel, but I want to get a feel for what I need to get my realm to match), BTW.

Track me down while your there.

I'm 6'2" blonde with a beard 260lbs (sounds like a blind date :eek: , dont get yer hopes up)

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Underhill » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:26 pm

And I'll be the 5'10", 150lb guy with the hair. You'll know what I mean.
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gambit » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:24 pm

lol, long black currly hair is what he means. :devil:
Gambit
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Loptr » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:27 pm

Loptr wrote:
Underhill wrote:I'm there. This will be my first event (I know it's not Bel, but I want to get a feel for what I need to get my realm to match), BTW.

Track me down while your there.

I'm 6'2" blonde with a beard 260lbs (sounds like a blind date :eek: , dont get yer hopes up)

Loptr

Now I am the 6'2" bald guy with the goatee

3 daze
Come track me and my keg o Shiner Bock down.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Gambit » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm

how big de keg? :devil:

i may b undr age, but i still want some. :eek: :frog: <me drunk
My spelling is worse then a martians.

see?
Gambit
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Underhill » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:27 pm

One question: I noticed that though the Amtgard rules mentioned broken weapons, I could never find any rules that said how a weapon could be broken. My question is, "How???"

Thank you
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Loptr » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:05 am

Underhill wrote:One question: I noticed that though the Amtgard rules mentioned broken weapons, I could never find any rules that said how a weapon could be broken. My question is, "How???"

Thank you

I assume from a bettlegame effect, not physically broken.
You cannot block arrows, and magic balls with yer weapon. Or it is destroyed. But at Spring War this weekend, and at Salt Wars that I am hostinig in SLC there wont be a but ton of battle games. There will be non battlegames like ditching and what not that does not have those effects.

Loptr

p.s. if yer under age sorry no keg fer you. :(
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Underhill » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Thanks.

Even if I was over 21, I don't like beer, so no worries there, mate.
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Loptr

Postby Wisp » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:44 pm

Hey Loptr,

Where you camping? Come look me up. I'll be camping near the Tal Dagore camp. Belkev and I are talking bout doing a hotel if campings too full, so you can also find me by asking in TD camp. Same for you Underhill and any other Bel folk that are coming. In fact, if any Bel folk want to get in on a team oriented game, look me up and I'll make sure you get slotted if theres not enough bel guys to group together.

Wisp
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gambit » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:30 pm

Me and underhill are staying at a motel, forgot the name. but the people there know about this event, so its probly gonna be bigger than I thought.

and I'll get the name of the motel for ya tomorro.

And I'll probly be the smallest person on the battlefield.

Short dark blode hair(long) I'll be wearing a brown cut up polo shirt with black sweat pants, and will either have a 45'' sword or a 5'6'' spear(i might make it into a javvey)
My spelling is worse then a martians.

see?
Gambit
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Lord Onyx » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:45 pm

So far.. Myself,Rudzock,Skeet,Nanga, and Mefit are planning on coming down Friday evening, but as crazy as work has been lately I cannot guarantee that yet.
Onyx Warlord EBF

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other * die for his.. (General Patton)"

Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

ONYX

Postby Wisp » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:38 am

Hey Onyx,

Shoot me a phone call when ya get this. 270-312-3612.

Wisp
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Loptr

Postby Loptr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:37 am

Wisp wrote:Hey Loptr,

Where you camping? Come look me up. I'll be camping near the Tal Dagore camp. Belkev and I are talking bout doing a hotel if campings too full, so you can also find me by asking in TD camp. Same for you Underhill and any other Bel folk that are coming. In fact, if any Bel folk want to get in on a team oriented game, look me up and I'll make sure you get slotted if theres not enough bel guys to group together.

Wisp

I am staying at dog camp. Blue tunic with white target? You ought to be able to camp with us?!
Look for me I am the tall guy, same hairstyle.
Look for my company logo in the pic, I will have the same garb and my camp site will have a banner of that and this web sit logo as a large banner too.

I TOTALY have a keg of Shiner Bock there.
FIND ME worst case just start yelling Loptr. I am packing a Bel sword. If only flying out my Bel shield was practical.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Loptr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 pm

Alright the event has come and gone.
I met Wisp and TuSocks they kick *.
To the rest who said they were coming and didnt make it..SHAME.
Wish you coulda been there it was good times.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Lord Onyx » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:21 pm

I was there in thought but I had several people out at work and could not leave.. Real life sucks.. I will make an Amtgard event this year. What is the next BIG event?
Onyx Warlord EBF

Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Big events

Postby Wisp » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:32 am

Any Rising Winds event (Brazil Indiana) is around 250 or so. They are last weekend in March, June, September.

Rakis is in June. Thats in Colorado. Bout 250-400 I'm guessing in numbers. This event is generally the premire Jugging event.

Clan is in New Mexico in July. Thats the next largest next to Spring War. It's around 500-1000 depending on the year. This events got a little of everything. Tournys, ditching, Knights and Squires vs. the world... typical stuff.

Tri-Kingdom Midreign is in April. Thats three Kingdoms combining their Midreign events. Should be around 500 plus I'm guessing for that one. Thats in Giddings TX, same place as Spring War. This one will have a good blend of everything. Ditching should be off the hook crazy.

Piratical Sabbatical is combining with Olympiad this year too. It'll be in Giddings as well (so I believe Feral told me... Loptr could prolly correct me on that if I'm wrong). It's in Aug. Prolly around 300-500. It is THE tourney to win, both warskills and arts and sciences. Anyone trying to rundown a sword belt or a serpent belt generally has to make a great showing at Olympiad.

Sorry you missed Spring War. It was a hell of an event this year. Great ditching, the castle battle was intense as was the final war. It was great to meet Loptr in person. Awesome guy. Trying to talk him into going to Armageddon. We're bringing a large number of folks this year from RW.

Wisp
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Loptr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:43 pm

I will be at Rakis weekend of June 18 near Denver.

I will be trying to go to Banner Wars near Denver in Sept, trying to go to Clan near Ruidoso NM weekedn on July 22.

I WILL be at Chaos wars in ID last weekend of Aug?

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Underhill » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:23 pm

What side were yall on in the first castle round? Didn't see you anywhere...
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Castle Battle

Postby Wisp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:03 pm

I was on the attacking team the first round, and defending team the second. I think we were soundly defeated.

During the War, I was on the Brown Team (TEAM DRAKKNAR!)

Loptr and I looked for you guys the entire event. Never did come across you although we kept hearing about "bel guys on the ditchline". Hope you had fun.

Wisp
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Underhill » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:54 pm

We were on the same side during the castle battle, and opponents during the big one.

Actually, I thought we won in the first...and was told that there was no clear winner. Odd.

The Bel guys on the ditch line would be us. Did you ever fight in a ditch? Shrimp_boat was the little guy with the polearm, I was the guy in the white t-shirt and single blue.
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Loptr » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:54 am

Underhill wrote:We were on the same side during the castle battle, and opponents during the big one.

Actually, I thought we won in the first...and was told that there was no clear winner. Odd.

The Bel guys on the ditch line would be us. Did you ever fight in a ditch? Shrimp_boat was the little guy with the polearm, I was the guy in the white t-shirt and single blue.

I was in the ditch ALOT, mostly at night.... late at night.
Nobody was walking around yelling my name. I was asking people if they were you. Got some dirty looks from a couple "purists".

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Seriously......

Postby Underhill » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:28 pm

We were at the motel at night, watching the new "Dr. Who" series, I might add. :angel:

I asked for you at troll, but was called a "groupie." That would probably be one reason I wasn't yelling.
Underhill
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Upcoming Events