Thunder-guard event

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Thunder-guard event

Postby Xavier » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Thunder-Guard are looking at hosting an event sometime next year..though it's a long way off we want as many people to come up for it as possible.

So I just wanted some feedback...what dates you guys think would be best and if you'd be interested

Some possible dates

Early June
Mid August
Early To Mid September
Early July
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of The Northern Alliance
Guard of Clan Of The Hydra
Member of Dark Hydra
Tor wrote:Belegarth is a who gives a ****, because Shut Up.
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2006
Realm: Thunder Guard
Unit: Clan Of The Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear
Bat And Board
Red

Re: Thunder-guard event

Postby Tonaho » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Where would this be? That'll determine whether I have an opinion on it.
Observation: The dag mods seem to be afraid that we're going to raid their realms, burn their homes and steal their women. That's ridiculous, I would never burn their homes.
SirMADOG wrote:Riot cops are a special breed. They like to show up to work early to beat the crowds.
Tonaho
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 14 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg
Unit: Krayts
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear/Blue-Green Dagger

Postby Satanaka » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm

A time that is warm enough to play BUT not conflict with other big events. Just a suggestion.

Canada....

Tonaho wrote:Where would this be? That'll determine whether I have an opinion on it.
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 12 May 1992
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Right side of the Sword

Postby Xavier » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:57 pm

The event itself would be located in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada.

Mid spring the snow has usually all melted and it is warm enough to play (outside) all the way up to late october

I know Rag, Oct-Fest And Armegeddon are all big events that we want to book it away from for sure.
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of Dark Hydra
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Bat And Board
Red

Postby Tonaho » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Canada, while I wish it was not, is a definite no for me. Carry on in my absence, and kick some * in my memory.
Observation: The dag mods seem to be afraid that we're going to raid their realms, burn their homes and steal their women. That's ridiculous, I would never burn their homes.
SirMADOG wrote:Riot cops are a special breed. They like to show up to work early to beat the crowds.
Tonaho
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 14 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg
Unit: Krayts
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear/Blue-Green Dagger

Postby Cú Éireann » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 pm

As one of your most proximate realms, it would be Niflheim's honor to send people, so you can count us in. I feel like August or September would work best from our end.
"You talk of food? I have no taste for food--what I really crave is slaughter and blood and the choking groans of men!"

~Achilles

Forkbeard wrote:Butch up.
Cú Éireann
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 14 Jul 2008
Realm: Niflheim
Favorite Fighting Styles: Help my friends and harm my enemies

Postby Sozen » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:21 am

Another thing to look at is how long do people think they would be able or willing to stay for? one, two, three nights (being after the third packing up and heading home)? If people come to stay a couple nights, food will happily be provided. And as a side note to what Xavier said, it can get quite warm here during the summer (80'F and warmer) so I hope people from more southern states who are interested in coming aren't scared away from the generalized thought of Canada having cold weather.

Sözén
Sozen
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 15 May 2006
Realm: Thunder-Guard
Unit: The Carrion Crusade

Postby pitch black » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:22 am

Sozen wrote:Another thing to look at is how long do people think they would be able or willing to stay for? one, two, three nights (being after the third packing up and heading home)? If people come to stay a couple nights, food will happily be provided. And as a side note to what Xavier said, it can get quite warm here during the summer (80'F and warmer) so I hope people from more southern states who are interested in coming aren't scared away from the generalized thought of Canada having cold weather.

Sözén

None of that scares me.... just the canadians in general. Those guys are aweful.

On a side note, if I have any ability to come up you can bet I will.
pitch black
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am

Sozen wrote:Another thing to look at is how long do people think they would be able or willing to stay for? one, two, three nights (being after the third packing up and heading home)? If people come to stay a couple nights, food will happily be provided. And as a side note to what Xavier said, it can get quite warm here during the summer (80'F and warmer) so I hope people from more southern states who are interested in coming aren't scared away from the generalized thought of Canada having cold weather.

Sözén

If people from the southern states are scared off, it won't be by the weather, it will be by an event taking place 1000 miles away for the first time, when those resources could be spent on 2 event close to home that are sure to be full size.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Sozen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:46 pm

You can never be to careful :P We certainly don't expect people to travel great distances for our first event. But I'm sure as it goes on, we'll start to see greater attendance in the future.

Sözén
Sozen
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 15 May 2006
Realm: Thunder-Guard
Unit: The Carrion Crusade

Postby Cib » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:02 am

Big Jimmy wrote:If people from the southern states are scared off, it won't be by the weather, it will be by an event taking place 1000 miles away for the first time, when those resources could be spent on 2 event close to home that are sure to be full size.

Ah, but are those event in exotic locations?
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Xavier » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Big Jimmy wrote:

Sözén

If people from the southern states are scared off, it won't be by the weather, it will be by an event taking place 1000 miles away for the first time, when those resources could be spent on 2 event close to home that are sure to be full size.

Thunder Guard (located in thunder bay ont) actually isn't the far away :). To get to or back from stonehouse park it's only about a 12 hour drive. Before you say anything: I spoke with many a person at fest this past october who drove anywhere from 14-25 hours to get there :). Yes I know our event probably won't be full size and yes I know time, money and work schedules can be a huge determening factor when it comes to making an event and I know people have things in their lives that are more important. I'm just saying it would be nice to see a few of you illnois folks out there if you can :P
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of Dark Hydra
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Bat And Board
Red

Postby Xavier » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:14 pm

On another note: we are going to be voting on a name and time at our next meeting so I will be posting for sure details sometime in the new year!
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of Dark Hydra
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Bat And Board
Red

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:41 am

Xavier wrote:
Big Jimmy wrote:

Sözén

Thunder Guard (located in thunder bay ont) actually isn't the far away :). To get to or back from stonehouse park it's only about a 12 hour drive. Before you say anything: I spoke with many a person at fest this past october who drove anywhere from 14-25 hours to get there :). Yes I know our event probably won't be full size and yes I know time, money and work schedules can be a huge determening factor when it comes to making an event and I know people have things in their lives that are more important. I'm just saying it would be nice to see a few of you illnois folks out there if you can :P

Yah, but he didn't say "South of Canada" he said "Southern States." I was thinking Alabama, Georgia, Florida....
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby telanar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Hmm, may need to get a passport.
telanar
Bandit
Bandit

Realm: Beornve
Unit: Children of Nidhogr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Renell Calmcacil » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 pm

late September would be good except that is when Equinox is held generally too. You pretty much are going to overlap on SOME event. If you do end of September beginning of October you will be in EQ time frame but just before Octfest. another option might be just before or after Arm. You are going to be close to SOMETHING no matter what.
"If you let yourself be defined by any one moment, event, person or place in time, you eliminate yourself from all of the possibilities of eternity" Ronda McCaskey
Renell Calmcacil
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Realm: Khador

Return to Upcoming Events