Ides of March 2010 photos

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Ides of March 2010 photos

Postby Achase MacKerras » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:05 pm

It was great seeing the folks from Dur Demarion and Sage Hill that came down to Georgia for the weekend, in spite of the horrible weather. Here is a link to the pictures, feel free to share them wherever.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x29/AchaseMacKerras/Ides%20of%20March%202010/
Regent and Artisan of the Cu Sith
House Haldane
Priestess of Wolfbane
Love of our neighbor is the only
door out of the dungeon of self.
Achase MacKerras
Monkey
Monkey

Realm: Sage Hill
Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Arching

Re: Ides of March 2010 photos

Postby Bodhi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks to everyone who made it out. We set another record with 219 in attendence. The weather was ok considering the event is in March. Still one of the best events I've ever had the privilege of attending. We will be closing the season in November with Winter War so prepare yourselves.
Bodhi,
Final solution to all things needing final solutions.
Bodhi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: High Spires
Unit: Horde

Re: Ides of March 2010 photos

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 pm

This looks like it was a really cool event with a good field and camping. Pics also make it seem like you had quite a few ladies in attendance both watching and fighting.

Question for your weapons checker(s) if they're on the board:
Out of curiosity because my unit and I own the same helmet that the Centurion in the pics is wearing - did he have his non-penny-round edges covered and I just can't see them, was this something that was forgotten/ignored, and/or what was the discussion to deem it safe?

I inquire not to sound like a smart *, but to learn because everyone who has seen our helmets points out those various points on the hinges, the lower edge of the brow guard, and where it is riveted to the helmet as safety concerns immediately. We covered ours with double sided duck tape and thin car seat cover leather.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Return to Upcoming Events