Tater Famine

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Tater Famine

Postby Oraeus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello, we have been discussing with a friend from amtgard of ours of doing a combined event called "Tater Famine" for belegarth and amtgard. This event will also be a fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy. Any monies raised above the site fee are going to be donated to the MDA. the date for the event is up in the air ( we are getting prices for the site, probably one of the first weekends in may) we are looking into a cool site that has camping and natural hot pools on site. The site told us you can have alcohol in the camping area but not around the pool nor if you are visibly intoxicated can you use the pool. Some of the rules that we see to help combine the two games wold be :
1- Nothing is head legal. You may still have projectiles, however you cannot aim at the head.
2- 1 Reeve (ampgard) and 1 Herald (belegarth) will be on the fighting field * all times.
3- Ampgard people will check and pass/fail ampgard weapons, Belegarth people will check and pass/fail belegarth weapons
4- No Magic
5- No Shield Bashing
6- Bring your own meals except for dinner meals will be provided.

Please give us your feedback on this idea. We are looking for positive criticism. We do not want to get into the argument of which game is better etc etc we only are looking to have some fun swinging foam and raising money for Muscular Dystrophy as our friends child has this horrible disease.
Oraeus
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2008
Realm: shannara
Favorite Fighting Styles: archery

Re: Tater Famine

Postby Kraesh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 pm

I definitely hope I can come participate. I am a crossgamer between Bel and Amt and would love to see some of my friends from both worlds at the same event. I am willing to either reeve or herald, if you need me to, just let me know.

-Kraesh
Freeman of Ered Duath
House Darkblade
Kraesh
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 11 Mar 2010
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, S&B, Florentine

Postby Forkbeard » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 am

I wont be there unless there are haedshots and shield bashing. These are a non negotiable part of my fighting.
If you are not going to allow them, its not a combined evevnt. It is an amtgard event. The fighting you decribe is just amt" ditch fighting" with gimped arrows.
have the amt people beef up their arrows to fitz' standards. They are head safe.
either allow shield bashing or defime what IS allowable better. IE: shield checking is ok, as is shield to body conact while fighting. Disallowing only thefull running shield BASH. That would be ok.
I love the idea of a combined event at a hot springs park, though, we'll be there if the fighting is going to be fun.
fb
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Cedric » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

ditto what fork said, thats ditching, which is fun and great, but not a combined event.
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Return to Upcoming Events