ActionFest in NC wants fighters 4/7/2011

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

ActionFest in NC wants fighters 4/7/2011

Postby The Bruce » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

From Facebook:

ACTION FEST IN COMING TO ASHEVILLE AND WANTS A FIGHTING DISPLAY! That’s right. Action Fest would like US to be there on APRIL 7th.
Dave “Saha” talked to the head of it, and he wants a demonstration of foam fighting on Thursday at 6:00PM with the U.S. Premier of an action movie starting at 7:00 that we would be invited to. There is a party following the movie, and a possible midnight showing of another movie. He is asking for 20-30 people for the demo. So please let me know as soon as you can if you can come up for it, so I can let him know if we can help them (and us) out. IF we do not have enough people able to commit we will pull the plug, but it would be great fun! Check out the info: http://actionfest.com/
Post up if you can make it!
Find and friend Jonathan Ayers ( http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000669070890 ) on Facebook to reply and get in on the fun.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mildly drunk.

Re: ActionFest in NC wants fighters 4/7/2011

Postby Lupus Hellhammer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey I just moved to Asheville from central Illinois. Not only am I definitely interested participating in Action fest, I'm also searching for fighters in or near Asheville in general. I'm trying to find various fighters from similar sports recruiting new people off of the street to start up a realm here this year. Can you or other folks point me out to any of the people around the area who would be interested? I figure all the folks willing to come to Asheville for actionfest would be the right people to talk to.

I'm also interested in trying to get to know fighters in the nearby area as soon as possible for the express reason of finding a way to get to SpringWars without having to greyhound it all the way over and back...
Lupus Hellhammer
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Ramoen Brewhammer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

Interesting, I would like to make it up if I can get work off that night. And by the way Lupus, Albion has a handful of fighters in Gaffney, SC and there is some Black Legion fighters in Greenville, SC. The rest of Albion resides in Irmo, SC. For future day events and such I wanted to let you know you have some foam fighters within a few hours of you.
Tara gu brath!
Ramoen Brewhammer
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 29 Jan 2004
Realm: Albion
Unit: Sons of Tara
Favorite Fighting Styles: (Lefty) Sword and Board

Postby Aiden » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 am

lol, Ramoen, I just shot a PM to Lupus letting him know all that. Good tag team.

And yeah, I'm going to try to get a group from Columbia to do the drive, but most of us are undergrad/grad students so it'll be interesting seeing who's schedules allow.
Albion

Fightin' in the Carolinas!
Aiden
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2004
Realm: Albion
Unit: Sons of Tara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Board

Postby Sardoth » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi guys! Looks like we might have 15 - 20 people... but right now it's THURSDAY at 5pm we are meeting to get ready. IF SATURDAY WILL BE BETTER FOR ATTENDANCE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO CHANGE IT! But I need to know quickly please. You can post up here, or on my Facebook and let me know. The time would be the same ( 5pm) to hook up. Fight from 6PM till 7PM, and then hit the movie premier and party afterward. Please please please let me know so I can pass the messages to Saha and the Action Fest leadership. Thanks!!
Sardoth
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 12 Apr 2010

Postby Kensman Bam » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Honestly Saturday works better for me!
Kensman in House Haldane
Chieftain of the Cu Sith
Proud member of House Haldane
Realm Leader of The SouthernMarches
http://www.cusithwarband.com
Kensman Bam
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 03 Jul 2005
Realm: Kenevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Glaive/Spear
Red
Unarmed

Postby The Bruce » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

* that; I got into a fight with the wife about it, arranged to leave school early next Thursday, don't go * around with the date now!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Postby The Bruce » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm

To reiterate: if you live within three hours of Ashville and don't show up to fight with us at this MOST excellent showcase for our sport...I pity da foo. And you will eventually have to come to an event where you will be shown the error of your ways. :axed:
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Postby The Bruce » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Carolina Cinemas 1640 Hendersonville Rd Asheville, NC 28803 (828) 274-9500 . Time is 6:00PM for the training session and then a demo. Ryan Richards - Sword Master for the movies Troy and The Eagle as well as a few other movies - will be there. They want us to demonstrate with him "stances and other things" to show people what it is like to be in a sword fight. Then we can put on a quick demo, then watch the movie Ironsides at 7:30 they can get us 25-30 free tickets, so we should have extras for people who want to come but not fight.

And there's a really good bar across the street. :P
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Return to Upcoming Events