War of Reckoning III - Saturday, Feb. 25th, 2012

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

War of Reckoning III - Saturday, Feb. 25th, 2012

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:37 am

Mark your calendars for day of hard fighting when most of your fields are still covered in snow!

Despite our hard work and efforts to try to beat the system, we simply don't have the funds available to secure a legitimate camp ground and cover the mandatory insurance that all locations in our area are requiring (yay litigious society and big government preventing the use of "public" land!)

We don't want to hold another event that will end up being moved at the last minute because the Feds want to harsh on our mellow, so we're downgrading in order to under promise and over deliver. This site is a standard park, just down the road a bit from our regular practice field. Parking is ample, it is a good distance from houses, there are extremely clean bathrooms and water fountains on site, garbage cans, a pavilion we will be renting, and a large fighting field with some unique features to help us spice up a couple games.

We understand that a day event will not draw fighters from the furthest reaches of our region, however, some of our members are willing to put up a limited number of out-of-state fighters for the night (or two) in their own homes on a first-come-first-serve, RSVP basis at no cost. There are also plenty of affordable hotels in the area if that is the route you would prefer to go.

Additionally, if you travel from these areas or further, Troll will be waived:
  • Arizona: Phoenix
  • California: South of I-10 and West of CA-14 / US-395
  • Colorado: Durango and Eagle
  • Idaho: Pocatello and Twin Falls
  • Nevada: West of US-395 through Carson City and Reno and North of I-80
  • New Mexico: Gallup and Farmington
  • Wyoming: Rock Springs

Schedule of Events:
  • Troll / Weapons Check: 9 am
  • Pick up Fights: 9:30-10 am
  • Organized Battles: start 10:30-11 am (No scheduled lunch break)
  • Feast: 5 pm

At this time, because the event is short there is no 4 Horsemen Tournament planned. Additionally, we will continue our tradition of a prize of First Place in Line for Feast (no BBQ chicken!) for "Best Garbed Unit" to be decided upon by the ATD Realm Council. We are not eligible to win.

We look forward to hosting at least 50 fighters and beating the crap out of each other. See you in February!
Last edited by Tiberius Claudius on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Re: War of Reckoning III - Saturday, Feb. 25th, 2012

Postby Sir Leaf_Autumnsonge » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 pm

This probably goes without saying but there are more realms in Idaho then twin and poky, ebonhold(idahofalls) rather (boise) ect I would assume they fall under the waived fee deal too but I hate to assume and get there finding out its wrong Lmao. I am thinking of coming down just want to get my ducks in a row I'm from ebonhold
"Bump 'em with your junk!" <Sir Cedric Winterbourn>
Sir Leaf Autumnsonge 19th Knight of the Highlands
humble servent of Ebonhold
Member of Church of Daraith
"they called me...red wings"
"I dub thee Sir Peaweave" <Sir Loptr>
Sir Leaf_Autumnsonge
Scout
Scout

Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: ABF
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Postby Sir Par » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm

It does say OR FARTHER Leaf. You are farther away.
16th Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Member of the Church of Daraith
Humility: Its pretty much the only thing I'm NOT good at.
Derian wrote:Well, ****. Par is right.
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2004
Realm: Rath
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Yep, if you click the link I put in there about "these areas", it will show a nice purple line delineating roughly where we're making the cutoff.

We're looking forward to having you and anyone else from Idaho.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 pm

*BUMP*

2 months until WoR III

To expound upon our capture the flag game, here's a picture of what the field will look like:Image

The Rules:
This will be a standard capture the flag game within castles with respawns which will either be timed or require a group of fighters to spawn simultaneously. The castle walls extend infinitely and cannot by bypassed except through the gate opening. Only projectiles may strike a player over the top of the walls. Each round is won by possessing both flags at your team's flag point. The game is won by winning two-out-of-three rounds.

The flag cannot be thrown and is not a weapon. When a player carrying the flag is killed he must drop the flag immediately whereupon it may be picked up by either team and carried to its intended destination. The flag may be handed off in any direction so long as it does not become a projectile at any time.

To spice up the game and help speed it along, there will be structures within each castle that, when destroyed by two fighters removing a banner from the top of it, will handicap the team who owns that castle. These are optional objectives and no points are awarded for their destruction. All structures respawn at the end of a round. The game can be won without destroying any of the three structures, they are:

• The Gatehouse: Marked by a picture of a wooden door, when the gatehouse is active, projectiles belonging to the attacking team may not pass through the gate opening. Projectiles belonging to the defending team may pass through the opening to resemble tower defenses at the gate. When the gatehouse is destroyed, attacking force projectiles may be used through the gate opening to signify that the defenses have been breached.
  • The Armory: Marked by a picture of crossed swords, when the armory is destroyed, the owning team loses the ability to regenerate damaged armor and broken or damaged shields even after respawn, as well as reusable missile weapons. When this occurs heralds will confiscate all projectiles not on the person, in the hand of, or at the feet of a projectile user. These will be set outside the castle at a neutral location for the other team to be able to attempt to retrieve while under threat of attack.
  • The Infirmary: Marked by the red cross, it is the spawn point for each team. If the infirmary is destroyed then the owning team loses the ability to respawn.

Additionally, Patchiz of Clew will be hosting an archery shooting gallery which will run concurrently with standard line battles so that archers who wish to participate will not miss any of the heavier fighting such as CTF where their presence will be greatly felt. At this time, the contest will be against targets rather that other archers with several prizes offered, including a new cloak for first place. Please PM Patchiz with further questions.

An Tir Dearg looks forward to seeing your friendly, if ugly, faces at the park. Remember, $5 troll with dog tag token and feast. Troll is waived if you're travelling from outside the pre-marked area linked in the first post.

Merry Christmas!

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Not Relevant » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:45 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 08 Aug 2010
Realm: ATD

Postby Loptr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:25 pm

In my calendar

I will likely set up a camp site nearby for partying under the stars.
Perhaps at the War of Rain I site.

L
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Cheeseheart » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Assuming I can get a carpool of three or four to go to this, I'll be there again. It ain't so far that I can't just go for a day, unless forced to go alone. In which case I might like to crash at somebody's place for an evening.

However, many of Southern California fighters will be focusing on going to a day event located there just a week before, so I imagine SoCal attendance may be light again, unfortunately.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 pm

We'll appreciate any and all who can make it out. It will be fun, and Patchiz / scottsman will be good hosts.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Not Relevant » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am

oops neglected to mention 2 full indoor privies , and cool neighbors atop of saint george over looking the valley. Tiberius is dong a great job at making this event exciting and new, whilst preserving traditions. Thanks Tiberius for all ya do! :D
Rapt, seriously...lol...okay. Touche' to a man who likes it rough.lol. :blush:
Loptr wrote:In my calendar

I will likely set up a camp site nearby for partying under the stars.
Perhaps at the War of Rain I site.

L
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Loptr » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Patchiz of Clew wrote: Touche' to a man who likes it rough.lol. :blush:

One of the reasons I play Bel too!

I figure if peeps are driving in they might like the idea of being able to raise the roof all night long en mass and not have the cops called.

L
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Cheeseheart » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I've put in the request for days off of work! Now to find a carpool. I'll be announcing this event to my realm after we've hosted ours on MLK weekend.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Just over 1 month until WoR III.

It will be great fun seeing some folks you haven't since October and getting those creaky joints moving again after the winter.

Get your time off and your gas money saved.

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby konradr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Post up a link to your waiver's, specially your minor waivers, so I can print and get them signed here before we head up there. Thx

Konradr of Barad'dun
konradr
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 08 Apr 2009
Realm: Barad dun
Unit: Royal Army of Barad dun
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword, Flail & Axe

Postby Stalking_Crow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 pm

The midget, crow and reno are all going to make this event hopefully. To everyone who was at the last WOR.....never forget -.-

"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
Stalking_Crow
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2010
Realm: Aqualonia
Unit: 13th Legion
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board/butterknife and spear

Postby Midge Kai'Ironhand » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 pm

i heard the horror stories and didn't want to go...
but i will x'D because i miss fighting all you kids <3 and hell, it's just a little rain or snow, right? i'll face it. i don't care anymore. hope to see you guys in Feb!

By the way. Awesome battle plan you had up there.
Former Warmistress of Redeemed | Uruk Friend | Black Lion Fangirl
Order of the Eunuchs: First Eunuch of the Broken Shield
ImageImageImage
Midge Kai'Ironhand
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 12 Apr 2011
Realm: Babylon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Shield & Dagger, Grapple

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 pm

first post updated.

All horrors are being mitigated this time around.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Reverend » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm

I want to make it (and I'm just outside your purple boundary :P) But it's just not in my cards this year. Between an accident, a wrecked engine, emergency dental work, and work... I just can't swing it.

Hope it goes well for you all though! Make sure next year is going to rock and I'll make it for sure.
Oderint Dum Metuant
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks Rev. I'm saddened to hear about your misfortunes and that we won't get to see you. Give our love to the clan.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Harley-renard » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:12 am

It will be good haven't got my butt kicked in a good long while I miss the sting of foam.
Harley-renard
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 15 Aug 2006
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board&Sword

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

3 weeks until the event.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

First post updated with map information

I became aware today that the city has authorized a half-marathon to use the planned park for WoR III as the start/stop/main gathering/hanging out area on Sat Feb 25th for the entire day. Gotta love the revenue generation.

Rather than compete for parking, facilities, and pavilion space, or have clashes with the egos who may want to dominate the entire park because of overinflated senses of importance and all the dogs that will also be on scene (it's the "dog town" half marathon......*?), ATD is relocating the event to our normal practice field at Nisson Park.

Now, before the eye rolling starts, let me assure you that this field is perfectly acceptable for our purposes and in some ways is even better. As I said, it is our regular practice field, so the neighborhood is familiar with our presence and we're only 2 minutes from the freeway/walmart/stores/restaurants, so there will be zero room for getting lost. If you've come to our practices before, or stayed for feast at WoR I then you know exactly where we're at.

We will also still have a covered pavilion, clean restrooms, a large grass fighting field, ample parking, and feast. The only thing that is changing is the location.

Please take note. We'll see you out there!

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Dash » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it this year.

-Dash
Forsaken
Squire to Sir Plithut Dragoon
Dash
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 05 Sep 2000
Realm: Ered Duath-Acheron
Unit: Forsaken

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm

We'll miss seeing you; good to hear from you.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby konradr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:13 am

Cheeseheart said
Assuming I can get a carpool of three or four to go to this, I'll be there again. It ain't so far that I can't just go for a day, unless forced to go alone. In which case I might like to crash at somebody's place for an evening.

Since you're coming from S. Cal, you could look into booking a room at a Casino or checking into a motel in Mesquite, NV. It is only a 40 minute drive from there to St. George.

Konradr
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby konradr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:20 pm

One more week. You guys all set for a day of fury?
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 am

Indeed, there remains but a sennight before troops are expected to gather under their banners in An Tir Dearg. Rumors and ill-boding float upon the tradewinds more numerously than gulls above a catch as it is hauled aboard a vessel.

Though the tales are surely the product of unscrupulous fear mongers meant to foster intrigue in the lives of more base and common men, some of the learned and aristocracy feel it may be wise to pay heed to the most common of stories - that at least two longships have been seen in the coastal areas, and more than one trader has brought reports that the Norse are searching to kidnap high value targets of their enemies and those who will bring in a handsome Danegeld. Some stories tell of unspeakable horrors, of women being carried off, of livestock being slaughtered, whole towns being burned to the ground, and of fierce and heathen Vikings forcing their prisoners to fight duels to the death for the sport of a ship's crew while the shipmasters bet and pay handsomely to the warriors who fare the best or perform outstanding feats of skill or bravery.

Whether the tales are true or not, the peasants have been heard chanting in the churches "O Lord! Save us from the fury of the Norsemen!" What troubling times indeed......

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Phoxly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 am

Yes... norsemen. ;)

Can't wait to swing foam with you guys this weekend.
WHO TANK!?!? D:
Phoxly
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 28 Feb 2010
Unit: Black Lions

Postby Taco » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

see you guys soon.
The taco!!!
BIG - MAN - TEAM!!
Taco
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2003
Realm: Barad-Dun

Postby Not Relevant » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 am

Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Taco » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 am

i really can't wait to see you and the scottsmen its been way to long
The taco!!!
BIG - MAN - TEAM!!
Taco
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Not Relevant » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 am

so Taco how many from Black Lions are we putting up in the Yurts this weekend?
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Phoxly » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I think most of us are day tripping, most of our drivers have to work or be back home Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. I was looking forward to crashing with you guys and drinking til the wee hours of the morning, but I don't think we'll be staying the night.

Barad'Dun has 16-20 people going. In at least 5 cars.
WHO TANK!?!? D:
Phoxly
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Barrikaide » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

see you guys tomorrow!

Weather Forecast is Sunny and warm SWEET!
What Would Surt Do
"KEEP SWINGING"

Adunakhor of Barad'Dun
Barrikaide
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 03 Mar 2008
Realm: Baraddun
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Not Relevant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm

The eve before battle. The salt mistress prepared an italian feast that we shared until our bellies bulged. The Scottsman so filled he has retired for a wee bit of a nap. Link and the Ice Queen be sitting on dah porch swing while Link whistles a lullabye. Akyra(Moon Goddess) finishes a few last details to her garb. Ogre is puffin on his pipe, behind the puff of smoke his eyes twinkle and his grin appears permanent. and me well, ya know me all to well. I'm blogging on the board one more time then I also will join the crew and one more view of the quiet lands of An Tir Dearg. Her citizen's unaware the battles that will clang through the annels of time.
We have heard rumors of a bounty on our retired unit leader and thusly we have fire in our blood. Our blue foam is sharpened on our blades(JK) and we are ready for.......W.O.R.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Not Relevant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Raven's Wind prepares to set sail....lol, we sent out a persian to fill the bildge,lol. Good luck Raven Wind getting that ship afloat.(rolls in Irish glee laughing)
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Elwrath » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

thanks for the awesome event. We had a good time.
Elwrath
Veteran
Veteran

Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: EBF

Postby konradr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 pm

We of Barad'Dun also enjoyed ourselves. Thanks guys for some good fighting.

Konradr of barad'Dun
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:41 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who attended WoR III. The weather was absolutely perfect and was a shining example of why we seek to hold a weekend camping event in the St. George area in February. You just couldn't get a more beautiful day if you tried. Such a delightful change from the past two years of rain, mud, and snow.

As this year was a single day event, our attendance was 45 fighters, and a dozen or so non-coms from northern Utah down to Las Vegas, Nevada. Since we were at our local practice park, over the course of the day we were also fortunate to get around a hundred curious passers-by, families using the park, and three local news outlets to purposely stop and ask questions, learn about Belegarth, and take pictures. I am confident and encouraged that the local image, awareness, and level of understanding of Belegarth in our community has been raised to exciting new levels, and this could only have been done because of those who attended. Today, we were a large, garbed group who looked the part of a sport and organized activity operating in daylight hours rather than the 10-20 members we normally have in various states of garb on a week day evening/night. I am inclined to believe that this will help augment the work we do recruiting and educating.

There are many, many people whom I must thank for the success of this event, not the least of which are my Realm mates for their motivation, willingness to make things happen, and their desire to learn and expand their basic knowledge of our game. I specifically wish to thank Patchiz of Clew and her clan for putting together a very novel and exciting archery gallery with several amazing prizes! While I did not participate, I was amazed at the artistry and imagination (and the work!) put into it, and heard nothing but the greatest of compliments. Your efforts reflect great credit upon yourselves and the Realm.

I would be remiss to fail to extend the utmost sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who volunteered to herald, assist in weapons check, and offer their guidance and experiences on several important areas. I do appreciate your tireless efforts to better everyone else's experiences and the game at-large. I also wish to thank the girls from the Sha'Waza Belly Dance company for their performance, which included live drumming, real swords, and fire dancing. Très exotique!

Finally, accolades are due the Black Lions unit from the Las Vegas Dagorhir realm of Barad'dun who won this year's 4 Horsemen tourney. I was encouraged to hear many positive critiques of how the tournament was handled compared to last year. I also received more poignant thoughts on how to continue to improve it and I assure you that we are continuously striving to grow and enhance our professional image and reputation within the Belegarth community through our events. Next year will be even better because of it. Congratulations also to Crow of Aquilonia who won the archery gallery competition and claimed first prize of a new and rather elegant cloak, made by Patchiz. There were three other prizes as well, but unfortunately they escape me at the moment.

I look forward to hearing all comments, tips, concerns, gripes, *, or complaints so that we can make next year's event better. It is in the works to return to a weekend camping event.

And don't forget to post your pictures!

- TCM

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Phoxly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you Isk for letting me use your bow and arrow(s) after mine failed. I'll make sure I work on a set of NON-modular arrows so they pass at future Belegarth events.

Patchiz the archery gallery was awesomely fun, we'll paint up 4 new targets for this year's 4 horsemen winners for you, since that was the general theme this year.

I have zero complaints, the event was well executed and an all around good time. I'll post up all 20+ of the 2minute clips later on today to youtube.
WHO TANK!?!? D:
Phoxly
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Stalking_Crow » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 am

The event was very well executed. The castle battles were very interesting and innovative and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The people who showed up were great, very eager to fight and good sports in the lot of them. This event was well worth the 4 1/2 hour car ride, throbbing * pain and little sleep to be at this event. The weather was amazing it felt more like spring than winter in that day and now I miss it :(. The feast was amazing and quick. No fancy pants food but just a simple meal that everyone could enjoy. The archery gallery was a fun change of pace that harkened me back to Fable (because of the nerd i am) and their archery gallery. This made the archery gallery even more fun also due to me just doing it for fun (sorry for trolling the gallery lol). I would like to thank patchiz for the wonderful cloak it is very beautiful and i will treasure it and wear it to events. Congratulation to the black lions for their win in the 4 horsemen. All in all no complaints with the event it was incredibly fun

"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
Stalking_Crow
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2010
Realm: Aqualonia
Unit: 13th Legion
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board/butterknife and spear

Postby Taco » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks for running a great event, look foreword to next year
The taco!!!
BIG - MAN - TEAM!!
Taco
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Midge Kai'Ironhand » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:50 pm

WoR was freaking amazing this year. I'll admit i was more than a bit skeptical and even unwilling at first to attend because of all the horror stories i'd heard about weather and food poisoning, but this was one of my favorite attended events since i started, only being beaten out by chaos. I don't care what some of my realm-mates say, it was WELL worth the drive and exhaustion, sunburns and bruises to be there.

I would like to thank the amazing hosts of ATD for being so friendly and open with everything, making sure that games were fair, and for keeping a positive attitude even when there was a bit of griping involved. The event was well-organized. The weather was also AMAZING which i was thankful for. I'm rather sad to be back in Roy--it was snowing up here last night when we got back! :monkey:

Feast, while yes, simple, tasted really great after all the fighting. And Midget LOVES her some mushroom pizza x3 I was all 'Hell Yeah!' The archery gallery was a lot of fun, and I'd like to thank Patchiz, Gemini and crew for doing that for us. Don't worry Tibby--the only part of your target i managed to hit was your weapon i think xD or your hand. Thank you to everyone who allowed me to borrow their arrows both during the gallery and on the field during bridge battles and castle battles. I may not know your names, but you were awesome.

Also, thank you for all the amazing prizes. Crow's cloak, Joey's...I don't remember what his was x'D Trinity's candy and my new cool thingy I'ma use for garb are all very wonderful. Congratulations to the Black Lions on their victories in their tourneys.

The fighters were typically well-mannered and very understanding, which was wonderful. I didn't see much in the way of unsportsmanlike or bad attitudes during the event except for one or two very short-lived anger spurts which quickly died out as we went back into battles. Also, being a hard core LoZ:OoT fan, I was very excited to see Link in an actual Link costume xD Thanks for putting up with my fangirlisms, I know they must have been annoying.

Great, wonderful event. I hope to see you all next year! I'll try and get my pictures up within the next couple days.
Former Warmistress of Redeemed | Uruk Friend | Black Lion Fangirl
Order of the Eunuchs: First Eunuch of the Broken Shield
ImageImageImage
Midge Kai'Ironhand
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 12 Apr 2011
Realm: Babylon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Shield & Dagger, Grapple

Postby Not Relevant » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Grek » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I had a lot of fun! Thanks guys :3
Grek
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 24 Apr 2011