NW War College

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

NW War College

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm

:axes: In conjunction with Bhakdar's Academy, the Babylon Empire, Pyke the Ironport and Catalyst (not to mention all the returning instructors!) we bring you the Pacific North West Quarterly War College and Training Day!

:axes: Once again we here in Pyke are hosting another NW Training Day, this time aimed at teaching concepts and theory on team tactics, drills and training (then how to best utilize that training at your local practice)
:axes: This is a quarterly event, with our first one this past winter attracting over 30 fighters from all games; we had great feedback from those in attendance as well as those teaching classes and felt it a good idea to have one again come spring.

:axes: This is going to be during Spring Break for most, with the day falling on Saturday March 31st starting at 1pm. I expect even more showing up this time.

:axes: As Pyke is the central most point in the Babylon Empire (Pacific North West) as well as having a long-standing Amtgard/SCA/LARP history we felt it best to host it once again in the deciduous rain forest that is Portlandia.

:axes: Therefore I will be trying to find us an indoor venue, which might entail a small fee of $5 or less to rent a space or we will be forced to use the covered area at Pyke's weekly practice location, Peninsula Park.

:axes: Here is the FaceBook linkhttp://www.facebook.com/events/294904960564332/, where you can find more information. As we figure out the lesson-plan we will most assuredly keep you updated here as well as on the FB page.

:axes: Cheers to another successful training day! We hope to see more of our brethren out on the field for this, ready to learn and share our knowledge, furthering the excellence that is manifest in the region!
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Re: NW War College

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 am

Looking for instructors and assistents, please PM me or Bhakdar with your proposed itinerary.
The day will have various instructors teaching various classes that you can choose from; we will be doing this as per the previous class in 30-45 minute blocks with time to utilize knowledge just gleaned on the field between classes.
So far as for instructors we have Bhakdar game for teaching basics, s/b, florentine, sparring seminar, theory, and movement/range control.
I'm willing to teach basics of flo and red sword (I will touch on glaive/polearms as well) and will be teaching drills on movement/targeting as well as tactics theory.
We are going to be looking for at leas four other instructors and whoever is willing to help them out as assistants and or test dummies would be greatly appreciated.
This should be good and at the rate the FB page is blowing up we might double our numbers from last time!
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Postby Bhakdar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Bumping this up as it's coming up at the end of the month.

Huma will be teaching a weapon-checking class.

Remy is teaching footwork and small-squad tactics.

I will branch out my classics beyond basics of various styles by the demand of attending audience. Tentative plans are for a large melee team tactics & battle command class.
cat·a·lyst /ˈkætlɪst/ –noun
1. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
2. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
Bhakdar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2001
Realm: Babylon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Sword/Board, Single

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 am

We also have Dagganoth (class specifics TBA) teaching, Acorn will be teaching spear and hopefully Orion Nomad will be teaching a shield-wall class.

Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Postby Huma » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Remy the Wroth wrote:Orion Nomad will be teaching a shield-wall class.

REFORM THE LINE!

http://youtu.be/oE13VYH84Ok?t=3m1s
Runner of Western Wars
Member of the Order of the Raised Goblet
Check PLUS!
Huma
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon

Postby Dabbanoth » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Range Control and Tactics with focus on Offensive and Defensive ranges.
Cant seem to find the facebook group to post that.
Gotta be done by 2:30.
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Return to Upcoming Events