War of Reckoning IV - Feb 22 - 24 2013

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: War of Reckoning IV - Feb 22 - 24 2013

Postby Stalking_Crow » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Would anyone going be willing to help out me and midget with us getting back from the event? We have a way there but not back and are willing to pay gas money.

"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
Stalking_Crow
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2010
Realm: Aqualonia
Unit: 13th Legion
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board/butterknife and spear

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am

Alright, we're only 1 day out from this amazing event!

Averaging the data from these sources:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/leeds- ... 7659?day=6
http://www.weatherstreet.com/weather-fo ... -84746.htm
http://www.wunderground.com/weather-for ... Leeds.html
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Leeds+UT+84746

I have the following good weather information to report!

My Average of Information:
FRIDAY - 53/32 partly cloudy (1% chance)
SATURDAY - 57/30 cloudy (16% chance)
SUNDAY - 50/27 cloudy (5% chance)
Last edited by Tiberius Claudius on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Fitz Caliston » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 pm

If anyone attending WoR is interested in Shield Blanks or MC Skins (for plastidipping Shields) I need pre-orders by Wednesday.

email me at fitzcaliston@gmail.com

The SQD's (Loptr/Breeder etc) are heading down and are willing to haul as much pre-orders as they'll be able to fit. So if you are interested in taking advantage of free shipping on any of the following we'll do it first come first serve. Preference to orders prepayed via paypal, that way we know they are transporting exactly what has been paid for. (they may be able to fit extra, that'll depend on space)

The MC skins are approximately 50" wide x 70" Long x (either .25" thick or .4"thick) - these are the same ones I sell on the PD artist facebook group that have the heat melted side that feels like plastic (you ruff up and then dap to your shield blank) and then the nice MC side for PDing on the outside of your shield blank. - these will go for $10/skin (please specify thickness you'd like)

Special Event discount, (plus save on shipping!)-

Shield Blanks (1.8-2.2#) I currently have roughly 3 full sheets that have yet to be cut out, let me know what size/shape you are looking for and I'll get you an exact quote on them. Basic pricing:

Small round: up to 20" diameter - $5
Medium round: 20.5" to #30 diameter - $20
Large round" 30.5" to 36" diameter- $30
Barn Door 36"x48" = $40

Again, if you are interested EMAIL ME at fitzcaliston@gmail.com. I'll probably only log in tomorrow once in the afternoon. FYI, I am donating everything the Sqd's bring down to them to help get more of them to the event.
Fitz Caliston
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 01 Jul 1999
Realm: SLC UT
Unit: Gryphter

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Absolutely awesome, but this makes me question if you'll be attending yourself?
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Andrek » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 pm

I want to thank Tiberius and everyone who put on a GREAT event! I am very glad I was able to make it out and am excited to attend next year.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Postby Orokusan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 am

Good show all. Hope to see you all up north!
Sir Oroku Norinaga, KBMC, OGO
Tertiary Knight of the High Code
"You do not have to be a squire to start learning to be a knight. Take your time and make good decisions."-Uric
Orokusan
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 18 May 2005
Realm: Sygia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, Florentine, Spear

Postby Loptr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 am

WoR a fun time as usual.

I go to the events to see friends, talk ****, party and get some fight on.
All of those thigns were available in amounts I found acceptable.

The St George peeps are always accommodating and congenial. That is always appreciated.

The site had very soft ground for fighting. The burs sucked but hey..

Weather in So. UT in Feb is always suspect and Sat evening got down right unpleasant with cold winds.

ZERO RAIN/SNOW!!!!

Thank you guys I enjoyed myself.

Elwrath that was a sweet battle axe on your sleepy face......

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

I want to extend my thanks for the multitudes who showed up at War of Reckoning IV! Without you, none of this would have been possible. I also wish to give my deepest thanks and love to my event coordinators and Realm who put so much literal blood, sweat, and tears into making things happen. I am pleased by the responses from folks I've talked to, particularly about the site and layout. From all the singing until 5 am Saturday morning, I'd say a lot of people enjoyed their nightlife Friday night!

I must apologize for our weather. Though we didn't get a drop of rain! we were pummeled by 30-40 mph winds Saturday night. I think next year we'll be changing the event name to "War of the Elements" and assigning fighters to teams of "Rain", "Snow", "Sun", and "Wind" and letting them duke it out in a battle royale with whichever team is represented by the weather on Saturday winning some sort of prize. If anyone successfully picks the long shots of "Team Volcanism", "Team Earthquake", or "Team Tsunami" you'll get your Troll refunded to you.

Weather also affected our feast. I take the heat for not policing the firewood pile correctly - it all got used in camps when we had a separate pile for personal use. Because of that, we had to send someone out to get charcoal for the cooking fires which so happened to be right during our beautiful, warm, sunny spot before the winds came. Feast was a bit sandy (good for the teeth, right?), took longer to cook, and was made generally more complicated than it needed to be because of the wind.

I'm very proud of all the prizes that our event coordinators secured for the different games and tournaments!

Winning the Single Weapon Tournament was: Vanson of Ered Duath. He received a belt flag and an actual sword.

Winning the Gladiator Tournament were: Arrow and Nash of Ered Duath. They received belt flags and the rudii.

Winning the Four Horsemen Tournament were: Arrow, Elwrath, Nash, and Vanson of Ered Duath (see a pattern?). They received belt flags, a helmet, a cloak, a pair of bracers, and one other prize which escapes me at the moment.

Winning the Archery Tournament was: Khalon of An Tir Dearg. He received a belt flag and a gold chain necklace.

At the moment, I don't have the information as to who won the two raffled swords or the donated pair of bracers from Thorn and Rose Armory by David S Entrikin.

If you're looking to get in on the sweet prize action, make sure you come to WoR V!

As for other prizes, no one chose to participate in the Brewmaster or Cake vs Pie competitions, and we were unable to hold the Bardic competition, though Gamhain Mac Lir was definitely looking like the winner. Additionally, I was unable to bestow the gifts I purchased for attendees to take back to their respective Realm Leaders as thanks for sending a delegation. The gifts were a bottle of champagne and a glass. It was medieval tradition for leaders to bestow gifts upon other leaders as a means of thanks for friendship and support, as a means of showing off their wealth and greatness, and as a means of buying friendship/support through bribery or * kissery from lesser lords to their betters. It is my intent to restore the tradition of gift giving amongst leadership to enhance our medieval experience and make stronger bonds, so I will be getting these to the leaders of the Realms that attended WoR IV throughout the year as I attend other events.

Next year we will be moving the event into March to escape the wicked weather. We're pleased that no rain occurred, but its so much of a gamble and your enjoyment is what this is all about. Questions, Comments, Concerns please send them to me so we can make WoR more enjoyable.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59 am

I also wish to thank Stygia, Ered Duath, and Barad'dun for having completely spotless camps when we cleaned up Sunday morning. Not one metal can in the fire rings, not one piece of trash laying about. No other camps were horrible, but theirs were perfect. Thanks much for your help.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events