Winter War 12, Nov. 8th - 11th 2012

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Winter War 12, Nov. 8th - 11th 2012

Postby Kensman Bam » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 am

Hey folks...I apologize for this being so late. I had thought someone from group posted this along time ago as we have had this planned for like 5 months or so. I take the blame as I am usually the one that posts these and I never asked someone else to post it. Send all complaints about this event my way. If you can make it, it's going to be an amazing close of the season event!

:axed: :angel: :target: :armor2: :spear:

I thought I would go ahead and post this out there. This year's theme is The Orc Invasion! We have a full weekend of scenario battles both in and out of the woods! We will try to keep folks informed, but this is quickly becoming an end of the season Ides as far as numbers go! Last year we had like 235 or so! Here is the Facebook page as well, https://www.facebook.com/events/167583916708485/

I hope you guys can make it out!

Event Write up: Winter War 2012. A Dagorhirstory based scenario. Winter War: Orc Invasion

Date: November 8th to 11th 2012

http://goo.gl/maps/vI135
2800 Highway 5 West Bowdon, GA 30108, Canada
(770) 258-0863

From what I am told, it is easier to get off at Exit 5, Bowdon exit from I-20.
If you are going east, turn right onto Old Hwy 100 turn right onto Hwy 5. Please note you will drive about 10 miles on Old Hwy 100. The sign at the entrance will say Red Horse Stables, and the turn will be on the right hand side of the road.

If you are going west, turn left onto Old Hwy 100 turn right onto Hwy 5. Please note you will drive about 10 miles on Old Hwy 100. The sign at the entrance will say Red Horse Stables, and the turn will be on the right hand side of the road.

Times: The following is the time for event.
Site opens for staff: 12:00 PM
Site opens for guests: 3 PM or 15:00
Logistics (a.k.a. troll): Opens * 3 PM or 15:00
Weapons check: Friday 10:00 AM
Saturday 10:30 AM

Warm up battles: 11:00 on Friday and 11:30 on Saturday

Main battle: Scenario based combat battles. (Playing for locations on a RISK style map.)

Closing battle: The Gauntlent starting at 4:30 PM or 16:30

Tourney: Assassin’s Tournament, single blue, red, sword and board, 4 horseman, rock - Tournament times are TBD.

Feast: Saturday night * 7:30 PM or 19:30

Event ends: Saturday night * 9 PM or 21:00 - followed by Night time entertainment to include, drinking and merriment had by all, (some less the drinking more the merriment! Huzzah!)

Costs: The event costs $20 per person and includes feast. There is no day tripping price.

Additional information: The King has settled into his reign and has become complacent. Now a new force has arisen and they plan on taking what they claim is theirs. The King’s land and if need be, his head. Come and join us at Dragon Hills for Winter War 2012.
There will be onsite vendors, and cabins available onsite (first come first serve basis. Contact Dragon Hills directly for this.)

Come on out and join us!
Kensman in House Haldane
Chieftain of the Cu Sith
Proud member of House Haldane
Realm Leader of The SouthernMarches
http://www.cusithwarband.com
Kensman Bam
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 03 Jul 2005
Realm: Kenevara
Unit: Cu Sith