ERMAHGERD WERFPERK ERPERNER!!!!!

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

ERMAHGERD WERFPERK ERPERNER!!!!!

Postby sir_morpheus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 am

What: Wolfpack opener

When: Feb. 16

Doors open at 11 am (DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SHOWING UP EARLY!!!!)

Fighting starts at about noon and goes till 6pm!!!!!!

Where: Horton field house on the ISU campus Normal IL

How Much: 3.00 with a acceptably pre filled waiver
5.00 without

http://www.isuwolfpack.org/?view=waivers

ALSO A 50/50 RAFFLE TO BENEFIT THE U.S.O.!!!!

Hope to see everyone there!!!!!
sir_morpheus
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 1999
Realm: wolfpack
Unit: HH

Re: ERMAHGERD WERFPERK ERPERNER!!!!!

Postby Cyric » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm

For people coming in from out of town, Numenor (~45 minute drive from Bloomington) will have practice 10AM-3PM Sunday February 17 in the stock pavilion at the U of I in Champaign.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Davit » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Less than a week to go to the oldest (and best IMHO) opening event in Belegarth!!
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Postby Davit » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Because I'm a nice guy and some people don't like FB....

Here's a google maps link to where our event will be held Horton Fieldhouse
Here is a link to where you can download the waiver,WAIVER, If you are under 18 you must have a signed and notarized copy BEFORE you get to weapons check, unless your legal guardian is there, NO EXCEPTIONS (oh did I mention you get 2 dollars off for filling it out ahead of time??)

Here's a list of common things people have a question about as well (just a copy of what's already been posted in the other thread)

#1 You must completely fill out the waiver, no exceptions, you don't fill it out, you don't fight.
#2 You must wear shoes, this is not under our control, the university requires it so we have to follow it, if you don't wear shoes you don't enter the field house, if you refuse to wear shoes to fight, well you don't get to fight.
#3 No fighting under the overhangs, too many people hit the lights, and I really don't want raining glass filled with mercury residue on the field.
#4 Boundaries, While we would love to use a soft edge for boundaries, there's a lot of dangerous stuff that could hurt you, from bolts on the walls to holes that could break your ankles, listen to the heralds when they say, STAY OUT OF MY BOX.
#5 No pushing/bashing people over the edge, while it seems like it may be an awesome idea, those bolts and holes mentioned above (along with tons of other hard ****) can cause really bad injuries so don't do it, period.
#6 Minimum Garb as the BoW states for anyone on the field
#7 No spectators on the ground floor, yes I know it sucks, but unfortunately we need the space down there for people fighting.

Also just like in previous years, filling out a waiver before you get to opener will get you 2 dollars off. We are keeping our wonderful day event to a 5 dollar fee, so if you bring a pre-filled waiver (the link is at the top of the post) you will get in for 3 dollars.

Please, please don't come in with a ton of excuses (about anything that has been posted or just general bel rules), if you can't read our rules here or the ones that will be posted at troll it's not my fault, or complain about weapons check. Just because your weapon passed at the last event in October, or you left it crushed under your other gear all winter doesn't mean we are responsible for your stuff failing, it does and will eventually fail so get over it. We check weapons not to make your day suck, but so that we are all fighting with SAFE equipment.

Thanks in advance for coming to our overgrown practice. We love the support and help that you all show by helping out and showing up.
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Postby Sir Thurat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks to everyone that showed up and made this a great time. Now, come down to Numenor and give those sore muscles of yours a wake up call! 2pm in the Stock Pavilion * University of Illinois - Champaign-Urbana.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to Upcoming Events