War of the Forbidding 2013

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

War of the Forbidding 2013

Postby taalysin » Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm

June 14-16 weekend at Thousand Springs State Park (1074 E. 2350 S.
Hagerman, ID 83332) which is the same place we have been the last few years.

The War of Forbidding is fast approaching and as such I thought I'd toss out some enticing information for you all!

Prices are $25 at the door, $20 if you would like to Pre-reg (contact Hound)
If that price displeases you, I promise it won't after you have experienced all the awesome! We don't have our schedule and our tournaments situated yet, but soon. I will post it as soon as it is finalized. Lady Rose will be running her Chaos Kitchen again this year and I will have the exact menu and prices posted soon as well so keep an eye out for updates!

There will be multiple competitions/actives held at various times (to be announced sometime in the near future). There will also be LOTS of prizes.

-Lightsaber Battles held by Guy Jans

-The Bardic Competition put on by Katsuhiro Yukimura Baka

-Pinkie Toss hosted by Beasty

-Arm Wrestling Competition presented by Hound

-An open Craft Fair delegated by Tigeress

-The Gladiator Pit given breathe by Arktos Maximus Verenus of the 9th Legion

-Battleshots ordained by Taalysin

- The Glorious return of the Fat Kid Keg!

For feast we have an amazing menu sure to at least peek your curiosity! We will be serving;

Unicorn
Griffon Hatchings
Dragon Eggs
an bigger and better Salad Bar and Mashed Potato Bar
Pixie Cakes
Bread
Fruit and Cheese appetizers
some sort of Beverage...probably the wet kind

More updates aimed to entice and excite shall find their way here within the near future! Please ask any questions, but know that some surprises just won't be spoiled!
Last edited by taalysin on Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sun is shining, the grass is green...lets go shoot someone in the face!
taalysin
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Jun 2008
Realm: Shannara
Unit: to be determined
Favorite Fighting Styles: Arching
Super Blue
green/blue and shield

Re: War of the Forbidding 2013

Postby taalysin » Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Updating the event page tonight for everyone, we have our Event Tokens figured out, I'll post up some pics of those later. The big thing being is that there is a slight hiccup. Idaho State Parks have made a per car fee new to 2013, there is some details here for it

http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/ida ... passport-0

Basically, it's an annual fee. If you live in Idaho, it costs $10, you get nightly discounts, blah blah blah. It's a way to help them keep their maintenance of the parks going. I've got one already, it's a simple way to knock the issue out of the way. I know there is a pass for out of staters to buy, but it is $40. Our way around this problem, which we have worked out with the guy that runs the place, is he can allow anyone who doesn't have a pass to come down, drop off their stuff, then take their car out. We will provide shuttle transport, even if I have to do it in my car, but ya. If ya live in Idaho, go drop the 10 bucks on it, or car pool with someone that has it, will help out alot.
The sun is shining, the grass is green...lets go shoot someone in the face!
taalysin
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Jun 2008
Unit: to be determined
Favorite Fighting Styles: Arching
Super Blue
green/blue and shield

Postby Gámhain » Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm

How far away is the off-site parking for out-of-state people?
Brother of Clan Germania
Iron Hand of the Acheron Empire
Wandering Mintrel

If you can't pronounce it, don't name your realm or your event after it.

Gámhain
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 26 Mar 2009
Realm: Taurendor
Unit: Clan Germania
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drunken flailing

Postby Celtic Christ » Sun May 26, 2013 3:09 am

It's a mile or two if I remember right. It's at the top of the canyon. This is my understanding at least. Teli or someone else may come along to correct it if I'm wrong.
Celtic Christ
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2007
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Hound » Fri May 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Ok, got the info that was requested about the parking at the event. Per the park ranger, the way the new law works out is that if you do not have the State Park Tags, then it would cost $5 a night per car to park at the site. I asked him about any other secure parking locations, and he said he can not vouch for anything outside of the park area due to liability and what not. From what I know of, there is a dirt area just at the top of the canyon that you can park your car there, we have already discussed shuttling people up and down as needed. BUT, I can't guarantee anything about your car being there and not having the chance, CHANCE, of vandalism. I highly doubt anyone would mess with your vehicles, BUT there is always that chance.
So, my recommendation for any of you awesome out-of-staters, and those of you in-state that didn't pick up the pass, that are making it to our awesome event, maybe try to car pool with others from your realms, and splitting the $10 it would cost to have your car at the site over the weekend. It just seems it would be more convenient to be parked there. Sorry for this stupid inconvenience, this is a new deal that wasn't in effect last year.
People living in Idaho, you guys can pick up the permit tags at your DMV for $10. Which is funny, because if you don't plan on visiting any other state parks for the rest of the year, you can just bring $10 with ya instead to pay for your car's 'camping'. See you all real soon!
Hound
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2008
Unit: Outcasts

Postby Morholt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Ok, need some more info.

$25 per person, what abt non-coms and kids? If I have to pay the $25 for my wife and then my kids on top of that, then this event will be out of my price range. Might even be if it is just me and my wife. Let me know.
Morholt, Duke of Ebonhold
"Your soul is mine! Your body, however, I give to you"

"Pain is the great obliterator"
Morholt
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 10 Jun 2006
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: Reapers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever, "I will Kill you"
Pronouns: He/She

Postby Hound » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm

So, got some good news for everyone. We have decided to drop the price from $25 down to $20. Hopefully it helps those are coming already, and maybe help out with ones who were on the line to actually make it. So $20 for Friday through Sunday, with kidlets being $5. Can't wait to see everyone!
Hound
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2008
Unit: Outcasts

Postby Gámhain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Great job on this event, guys. I had a blast, despite all the mosquito bites, and what appears to be an allergic reaction to the fabric in the rug I got for my tent (for which, I choose to blame Katsu).

Next year, I will be sure to make it again, and I'll help you market the sh*t out of this event so we never have leftover beer again.
Brother of Clan Germania
Iron Hand of the Acheron Empire
Wandering Mintrel

If you can't pronounce it, don't name your realm or your event after it.

Gámhain
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 26 Mar 2009
Realm: Taurendor
Unit: Clan Germania
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drunken flailing

Return to Upcoming Events