Sotahuuto 2014 in Finland !

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Sotahuuto 2014 in Finland !

Postby Sapfon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Sotahuuto 2014 - War Cry 2014

Celebrate! The 10th annual War Cry -battle event will be held from 11th to 13th of July 2014 in Muurame, Finland. It’s bigger than ever. More passionate than ever. More splendid than ever!

War Cry 2014 is the largest of its kind in the Nordic countries, around 600 participants. It lets you live as a part of the medieval battlefield and enjoy the atmosphere and adrenalin safely. This year our theme is Italian wars in the 15th and 16th century.

The core of the event is scenario based, army -level historical battle with padded weapons. The concept is based on group participation: participants enroll in groups and fight through the event with their team. It depends on your team’s style whether you’ll spend your weekend fighting side by side in a battle line or skirmishing. Of course, individuals can sign up, but they will be added to a team or they’ll form their own team.

War Cry is not one long battle that will last all weekend. A single scenario can take from 10 minutes to an hour. Once you have died in one scenario, you can join the battle again in the next one. In some scenarios dead fighters will respawn in a specific point outside the scenario area and can join the same scenario as " supplements ". The focus is on the battles, and historical frame exists just to create the atmosphere. A novice participant doesn’t need to worry too much about historical clothing or armour. Equipment suitable to your team’s style, eg. a tabard and a padded sword (see rules) is enough!

Join with your friends the tenth anniversary War Cry!
Welcome!

Ps. I'd love to answer to all your questions and take a look at last years event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0WkrJj5MQ

English rules summary:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lm ... edit?pli=1
Sapfon
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Sotahuuto 2014 in Finland !

Postby Haardgrim » Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm

For the record, I, Hårdgrim Bonebreaker formerly of Numenor now of Monachium, will be representing all the American realms as well as Monachium at Sotahuuto. 'Cause I've been there and I'll be going to Sotahuuto. Anybody got a problem with that, come and fight me about it.

-Hårdgrim
Haardgrim
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0-11-1998
Realm: Monachium

Return to Upcoming Events