Punic Wars I - Sat., January 24th, 2015. Carbondale, IL

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Punic Wars I - Sat., January 24th, 2015. Carbondale, IL

Postby Sir Thurat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Facebook Event Page

Punic Wars is a day event hosted by the Belegarth realm of Carthage. Punic Wars I will be hosted on Saturday, Jan. 24th, 2015, at the SIUC Student Rec Center in Carbondale, IL, with details as follows:

Weapons Check: 10am-noon
Pick-up fights: 10am-noon
Main Fights: Noon-5pm; Clear out by 6pm.
Event Fee: (1) non-perishable food item to be donated to the local food pantry,
OR
$1 to be donated to a local charity.

The fighting space will be an indoor, hardwood floored gym; knee pads are highly recommended.

Rule Set:
*Belegarth Book of War

Requirements:
  • Must be at least 16 years old to participate
  • Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old.
  • All person of fighting age must fill out a waiver, regardless of intent to participate.
  • All persons filling out a waiver must present a STATE ISSUED ID.
  • Minimum garb required (non-conforming shoes excepted, due to fighting surface)
  • Shoes required (this is a gym; use common sense)
  • Shirts required, per facility.

Directions: After turning onto Grand Ave, the SIU Student Recreation Center will be on the north side of the road, west of the intersection of Wall and Grand. The entrance to the parking lot will be the first road west of that intersection. Once parked, you'll enter the facility and find a sign in desk. Tell them you are there for the SIU Medieval Combat Club event, and they will direct you to the gym we will be using.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
As an SIUC Sports Club, we have the privilege of using the SIU Rec Center facilities for our events, and are not required to charge our attendees anything. That means that when you enter the facility to attend one of our events, you are only allowed in the facility for the expressed purpose. Anyone caught in any of other recreation areas without having paid the Rec Center Day Pass fee will be removed from the facility.

Parking Map:

Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Re: Punic Wars I - Sat., January 24th, 2015. Carbondale, IL

Postby Sir Thurat » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Hey all! If you're coming to the event and are interested in round fiberglass cores, I will doing an order for Carthage from www.kencove.com.

Please reply here or message me personally with the length/diameter that you would like, if you would like to pick some up at the event. Cost per core will include shipping spread out over the cost of the order, based on length. E.g., it costs $21.11 to ship x10 1/2" x 60" cores ($2.50/ea), resulting in an overall cost of $4.61 per core (this may change depending on order size).

See you all next month!
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to Upcoming Events