Looking for players in central Virginia

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Looking for players in central Virginia

Postby guthangnu » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:55 pm

I wanted to give this a try, but sadly there are no realms in or near within a reasonable distance of the Richmond area. I wanted to know if there was anyone who already knows the sport in the area or if not, is there anyone who could point me in the right direction.
guthangnu
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Looking for players in central Virginia

Postby Sir Thurat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Hey! The East Coast is sadly very sparse as far as Bel goes. However, Dagorhir, Amtgard, Darkon, Hearthlight, and the SCA are other very similar groups that may be in your area.

Dag is exactly like Bel with just a few rules differences.

Amt is super close to Bel and Dag, but has magic incorporated in parts of their game.

Darkon is closer to Dag and Bel I think. I've heard of them but I'm not super familiar.

Hearthlight split off from Dag a year or two ago. They have a few rules differences but are very similar to Dag and Bel.

SCA is the Society for Creative Anachronism. They have a foam version, but their heavy combat requires armor and uses rattan. Very different type of fighting and culture, but still a good scratch for the medieval combat itch!

Alternatively, you can also start your own realm. That can be a heck of an endeavor, but you then end up with exactly what you want, where you want, with who you want. I wrote a lot about realm management and creation in the Belegarth Starter Kit

Hope this helps you out a bit!
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to New Members