Training Regimen

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Training Regimen

Postby Teej » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:12 am

Sorry for the blitzkrieg in questions. Orlando is very isolated Belegarth-wise.

This goes out to anyone... What does your typical regimen consist of? I'm just curious on how different units go about keeping their members ready to fight. Rather you all take practice seriously or not...

Do you have a set schedule?

Do you run?

Do you go to a gym or work out in someone's garage?

Do you have any scenario drills?

Do you go as far as making battle formations? or does your group do better in a cluster-f***?

What else do you do?

How often do you hold practice?

I'm sure with the exception of inter-unit cliques, practice is the only time you are all together. So do you have any extracurricular activities afterwards? IE: go to a bar to wash away all the exercise you got that morning? Hooters for some wings and motivational visuals? etc etc...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Vokor » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:45 am

the last part

it is up to you. we get together and spar and we hold a weekly meeting that anyone is welcome to fight at. some work ojut more than others. the key to all of this is to have fun. if you forget that you are going down thhe wrong path. good luck down there and i how you can grow your realm. I would love to come down to fight with you and your people.
do not fear my size. fear that I know how to use it.
"but be wary for I am an ancient and fat evil " Graavish
Vokor
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2004
Realm: Dur d
Unit: EBF

Postby Kyrian » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:55 pm

TeeDge, I've added you to the Tips and Tactics forum. I hope you find some useful information there.

Kyrian
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Elyk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm

They let me in to that forum a few days back. READ IT. It's the most helpful thing on the boards.
Yeha, I knoh I ca'nt spel, thankse.

http://yaaraseene.proboards76.com/index.cgi
Elyk
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Training Regimen

Postby Digoza » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:17 pm

TeeDge wrote:Sorry for the blitzkrieg in questions. Orlando is very isolated Belegarth-wise.

This goes out to anyone... What does your typical regimen consist of? I'm just curious on how different units go about keeping their members ready to fight. Rather you all take practice seriously or not...

Do you have a set schedule?

Do you run?

Do you go to a gym or work out in someone's garage?

Do you have any scenario drills?

Do you go as far as making battle formations? or does your group do better in a cluster-f***?

What else do you do?

How often do you hold practice?

I'm sure with the exception of inter-unit cliques, practice is the only time you are all together. So do you have any extracurricular activities afterwards? IE: go to a bar to wash away all the exercise you got that morning? Hooters for some wings and motivational visuals? etc etc...

Overall, here at Wolfpack we fight once a week on Sunday afternoons; though, when it gets nicer out again, we'll probably start fighting on Tuesday and Thursday nights again. Overall, we pretty much just fight to our hearts content and are out there for the fun of it as well as to get better at it. In terms of any actual "practice" like you would for other sports; closest thing that comes to that, for me at least, is when I talk to the vets about different things, and they tell me and/or show me how to do it. Sparring also is kind of a "practice" because generally, whomever I'm fighting will give me tips, and vice versa.

Generally after wolfpack's sunday practices, a lot of us will go to Michellio's (sp?) Pizza and hang out for awhile. And then random people get together and hang out whenever, throughout the week.
Digoza
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 08 Jul 2005
Realm: Wolfpack of the High Plains
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Dagger

Postby graavish » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:27 am

every realm has a set practice schedule depending on where your at Dur demarion practices once a week on sundays

running i'm sure some fighters do but i don't know anyone who does it as part of a foam fighting regimen

i weightlift at a gym and it does help my hand speed but yet again i don't do it for the purpose of foamfighting

heralds the one that decide scenario battle drill if you mean like two on one or two on three thats usually handle in your unit

as far as spending time with each other yea alot of in unit because why be in a unit if you don't want to be with those girls and guys but not all of it is i personnally play cards with a guy who in character i hate because of the unit he's in but thats in character and the horde throws a foamfighters party once a monththats for foam fighters and friends and not just horde
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
so my microwave dinged! and before i could stop myself i asked it what level?
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Location: i was thinkin about this what is time and space fuck..head explosion

Postby Teej » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Kyrian wrote:TeeDge, I've added you to the Tips and Tactics forum. I hope you find some useful information there.

Kyrian

Thanks for the add bud, I've used this privilege a lot in the past couple days.

I appreciate the replies everyone, I'm still curious what everyone does, so keep the posts coming in.

I want practices I hold for my future unit to be both fun, and educational "Belegarth wise." Here's what I have in mind as a good medium...

Warmup run so no one pulls anything or hurts themselves, lots of fighting, multi opponent drills, a BBQ (free beer!) to cancel out the day's exercise, a couple classes every practice while people digest their meal... Anything from building a particular sword, to garb ideas, maybe even leather working... stuff to expand their Belegarth knowledge, then some more fighting to end the day.

And maybe once a month a more recreational get-together... a weekend of camping, maybe a Medieval Times tour and dinner, a movie night etc etc...

If you have any other suggestions please post here, email, or pm me...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Digoza » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:21 pm

TeeDge wrote:Thanks for the add bud, I've used this privilege a lot in the past couple days.

I appreciate the replies everyone, I'm still curious what everyone does, so keep the posts coming in.

I want practices I hold for my future unit to be both fun, and educational "Belegarth wise." Here's what I have in mind as a good medium...

Warmup run so no one pulls anything or hurts themselves, lots of fighting, multi opponent drills, a BBQ (free beer!) to cancel out the day's exercise, a couple classes every practice while people digest their meal... Anything from building a particular sword, to garb ideas, maybe even leather working... stuff to expand their Belegarth knowledge, then some more fighting to end the day.

And maybe once a month a more recreational get-together... a weekend of camping, maybe a Medieval Times tour and dinner, a movie night etc etc...

If you have any other suggestions please post here, email, or pm me...

nice ideas; that'll be pretty cool when you get a realm up and going and have them doin' all that. Another recreation idea is to have parties; for instance, Wolfpack of the High Plains (my realm) has a New Year's party and a Halloween party (not sure about others as I've only been fighting with them/fighting at all since about september) that not only drags majority of the people from Wolfpack to the party, but as well as pulls people from some of the other realms.
Digoza
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 08 Jul 2005
Realm: Wolfpack of the High Plains
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Dagger

Postby graavish » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:04 am

same thing for the dead river horde we throw a monthly party a zz and vo'kor's place and izareth (unit leader) throw a halloween party etc etc we also go out to eat movies stuff alot especially the younger horde
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
so my microwave dinged! and before i could stop myself i asked it what level?
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Location: i was thinkin about this what is time and space fuck..head explosion

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm

we usually just fight and do some tactics or work on specific skills
Grey Southpaw
Squire to Sir Bulvife
Captain of Khatovar
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Grey
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Realm: Khatovar

Postby Faolan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm

I wanna be in the tips and tactics forum. Please?
Official Foamsmith of Khatovar
Faolan
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Chicken » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Heron wrote:I wanna be in the tips and tactics forum. Please?

At the top of the screen, click "Usergroups".
Under "Join a Group", pick it in the dropdown box. Click View Information. Then click "Join Group". That'll send Kyrian (the group mod) a message saying you want in, he'll approve you (I assume), and you'll be set!

Same goes for any other groups, though not all groups are open to all comers.
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Faolan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:58 pm

Sweeeet.
Official Foamsmith of Khatovar
Faolan
Warrior