Fighting style

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Fighting style

Postby Ragna » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Need help on what my fighting style is a lot of my friends say im a berserker but then other say that i would be a good scout...
What do you think my class chould be?
Bare in mind that my fav weapons to use are a buster swords and schimtars.
Ragna
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Berserker

Re: Fighting style

Postby Derian » Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 pm

You probably won't find support for that here. Belegarth doesn't use classes in game play, though you're free to portray any kind of character you'd like, if you choose.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Azgarehta » Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 am

You mention a buster sword, which I would equate to a 'red' weapon: a two handed sword capable of breaking shields. You also mention scimitars, so that would be Florentine.

There are two schools of thought in regards to wielding a Red. You can wield it aggressively, pushing forward, breaking shields and overwhelming opponents. This is a more 'berserker' style, although DO NOTE: it is a controlled aggression. You are purposeful in your swings, but you are swinging a lot. I gets tiring.

The second school of thought in regards to wielding a Red is as a support weapon. You work with a shield buddy, darting in and out of the line, getting a shield hit here and there, very much more tactical and defensive, but not as devastating to a line's morale as the 'berserker' style.

With both of these, remember that a Red weapon is large, more unwieldy, and has a larger potential to hurt someone than a single handed Blue weapon.

--------------------------------
Florentine, on the other hand, is an easier start for someone new to the sport. You just pick up two swords and start swinging. The key thing with florentine you have to remember is that, like with a Red weapon, you have very little defense. Work on your footwork, dodging and flanking and you'll do fine.
Azgarehta
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2009
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Running Away

Postby Shepherd » Fri May 14, 2010 10:14 am

As a fellow newbie, I also feel more comfortable in the Florentine style. My recommendation, is to get yourself a pair of MMA of similarly padded gloves. Your hands tend to take a beating as punchblocking is your primary close body defense. That's the way it is for me, anyway. I have found Everlast "grappling" gloves (MMA) at Walmart for $17. Have fun!
I was born in a desert, raised in a lion's den
My number one occupation, stealing women from their men

Captain of Thorum

Clan of the Hydra Guard

Shepherd of the hills of Gamehenge.
Shepherd
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2010
Realm: Thorum
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ball and Wall

Postby Sicarian » Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 am

I've been at this for 4 years now and the above advice is good, but could be improved upon. Use a single blue or S&B for awhile. Get your footwork, movement, and hit detection down first. This also gives you a reference for shield breaking if you use S&B, you've used it, therefore you can defeat it. After some time in this, then you can look at checking out reds. And one last thing....don't even touch a glaive till your at this for at least a year...most likely more.
Peace Through Power

Forkbeard wrote:The rest of the groups that use extra stuff rules are **** stupid and constantly loosing their * and reforming, excpet Nero, which is just for **** homo's. And furries.
FB
Sicarian
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2007
Realm: Knightfall
Unit: Knightfall Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Polearms, S&B, Severed Body Parts.

Postby Beck » Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Is this a troll?

If not...
Just some tips:
Don't call it a buster sword, you are free to call/build anything you want but building a buster sword that is you know, feasible on the field as a good weapon is * near impossible. It's also one of those things you will be rideculed for and probably be named 'Buster' for using.
We don't have classes here, You could dress like an elf and pull all sorts of Legolas stuff one second then spear some poor guy the next. You don't get any bonus or advantage for being a scout or berserker ect. The only way you get advantages is experience and practice. (Good gear helps, but the best fighter could probably own me 9/10 with the worst sword vs me with the best gear possible.)

Anyway, welcome to the sport. Nothing (more then likely) you build your fist time will pass.
Noik wrote:And Beck that was dumb.

Forkbeard wrote:This Beck kid is a moron.
FB
Beck
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 25 May 2008
Realm: Northlands
Unit: ABF
Favorite Fighting Styles: SnB, Two Stick, Single

Postby Mughi » Sun May 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Yep, this here's a troll alright. I done seen plenny in my day, and the markin's are all there.

- No realm, unit, or other information.
- Multiple silly threads posted simultaneously for maximum initial impact.
- Everything terrible dialed up to 11, with no moderation.
Mughi
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 05 Mar 2010
Realm: Malkier
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Smithin'.

Return to New Members