Any groups near Richardson, Texas?

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Any groups near Richardson, Texas?

Postby Olorion » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Hiya! New to the area, and would like to check out a Belegarth event or two! Please let me know where and when you meet.

Many Thanks,
The Wandering Bowman
Olorion
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2002
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, sword and board, spearman

Re: Any groups near Richardson, Texas?

Postby Thorondor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:41 pm

There's no Belegarth groups in the area that I know of, but if you just want to fight there is the Dag realm of Guilder up in that area if my knowledge of North Texas is accurate.

If you want to get a Belegarth group up and running in the area, go for it! DFW is more than large enough for more than one realm! I would have tried to get a group going here in Austin, but I don't have the time or money to put into running a realm right now. There is a small Dag group here that have stopped meeting for the summer due to the heat & other obligations.

If you're interested in seeing something beyond a practice, we're having a 1-day mini-event in Austin called Third Coast Throwdown. Cost is $5 for the day to cover food costs for lunch. Facebook event can be found here as well. Only 28 people are confirmed on the page but I think our last event had right around 50 people total (fighters & non).

~Þ~
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Derian » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 am

You should start a realm! Many posters on the boards will be happy to help in whatever way we can, and once you get established, I'm sure there are more than a few people in Texas or Oklahoma who might be willing to make the trip up for a day of fighting.

Thorondor - I'm super out of the loop in So/Cen-Tex fighting. You should loop me in on anything larger than a normal practice that you hear about! I'm going to be up north during the event you linked, but I'd love to come swing stick now that we might finally be sub-110 degrees/raging wildfires e'rewhere.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Thorondor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:59 am

How dare you be up north during Third Coast Throwdown!

But yea, I'll try to cross-link any TX events that are happening over here so us Texanized people can fight without driving 8+ hours to a day event...
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Remeob » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Greetings all!

I just signed up and I am hoping there is someone near by Corpus!

There is a small SCA group local...but I did not join for many reasons. The idea of a fighter practice focused group sounds much more along my interest core.

I will let the dust of the holidays settle and then look into setting up a local chapter here in Corpus Christi.

I had noticed on another thread the issue of blended ages participating in fighter practices.

Any thoughts on this? Do you allow kids (<18yrs old) to practice, watch, etc.?

Anyway, have a great week and upcoming holiday season.

Raymond
Remeob
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 22 Jul 1977
Favorite Fighting Styles: Grappling and short staff naginata

Return to New Members