New for Rath

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New for Rath

Postby Aless » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 pm

What up, everyone. I live in the Boise, Idaho area, which means that I fall into the realm boundaries of Rath. My friend told me about this, and I have not yet fought as of yet. (I do not have any swords, shields, or specifically crafted armor. I do have karate ghi pants that are uniform and black, baggy, and a plain brown shirt, so that will have to do for now.) I have thoroughly looked over the rules, so unless it spontaneously evaporates from my mind, I've got the gist of things. Hopefully.

I looked up Rath and whatnot on the wiki, and it said that practices are on Wednesdays at 5:00. I have things on Wednesdays, so will anyone be terribly wrathful if I show up for an hour and evaporate?

However, I'm not a total noobasaurus that will whimper and whine when I take a hit, as I am currently in Karate, so know I can at least take a blow (or multiple, or beating to a small little pile of something resembling a person...). I haven't used a sword before though, so well, expect rubbish at first from the noob.

As I am 15 years of age (my birthday is June 2nd) I am assuming the waiver is needed for any practices/activities, such as the one Rath is having this Saturday. When it says "Place you Fight" does it mean the Realm's meeting place or just general city? Anyway, on with this nonsense. Please let me know the answer to all this information as soon as possible, good day to you!

~Aless
As I stared into the vastness of time, I heard the sound of drums. Can you hear them? They're coming! There is the signal, they're in my ears!
Aless
Recruit
Recruit

Re: New for Rath

Postby Ticonderoga » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 am

well dude im not sure im the one to be tellin you this because im new as well but i think your guys a rath wont care if you show up for an hour and leave if thats what your saying atleast
"I have to work on my judo rolls" *many thudding noises*
Ticonderoga
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Phrix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 am

Hey Aless welcome to Rath! You can show for 5 minutes take a few hits and leave, its really up to you, No one is going to care how long your there.

There is a waiver you have to sign, and if i remember correctly as you are underage you'll need a parent or guardian to sign for you as well (don't quote me on this but precaution never hurt anyone)

Place you fight, you could put Boise, or both Julia Davis in Boise, or Rath, they all kinda mean the same thing.

Again, welcome to Rath!
Remy the Wroth wrote:Let me put it this way. You are WWII-era Poland: running around on horses waving your lil' swords around and getting drunk. We are WWII-era Germany: blitzkrieging thru your country with **** Panzer tanks.

Phrix
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Realm: Rath
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, S&B

Postby Aless » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Alright, sounds good. And that's great about length of time being there, since I was trying to work out how to get around all the nonsense going on. Thanks for welcoming me and whatnot, excited to get started!
As I stared into the vastness of time, I heard the sound of drums. Can you hear them? They're coming! There is the signal, they're in my ears!
Aless
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Par » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 pm

You should come to our event this saturday in Verteran's Memorial Park. Your plain clothes are fine and you need not worry about weapons, we have TONS of weapons to loan. Also don't worry about your noobishness, we were all newbs at one point. If you have any questions, call me at 208-731-8858.

And Phrix, where have you BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN?
16th Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Member of the Church of Daraith
Humility: Its pretty much the only thing I'm NOT good at.
Derian wrote:Well, ****. Par is right.
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2004
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Phrix » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 pm

School man, been way busy, I been trying to get down there all season and **** keeps coming up. I'm hoping to hit the indoors we'll see
Remy the Wroth wrote:Let me put it this way. You are WWII-era Poland: running around on horses waving your lil' swords around and getting drunk. We are WWII-era Germany: blitzkrieging thru your country with **** Panzer tanks.

Phrix
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, S&B

Return to New Members