training with a pell

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

training with a pell

Postby Arn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey i was wondering what is the best way to train with a Pell and i need some designs so i know where i can start thanks
Arn
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 May 2011
Realm: Ered duath

Re: training with a pell

Postby Bryn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 am

Ive used a standing kick bag for a few years and can't see myself using anything else. It is a Century Wavemaster™. You can work on the bag without worrying about damaging your gear (outside of normal wear and tear). It is a little pricey, however you probably could build something similar if you are able.
As for training mark the bag with target areas (hips, shoulders, basically be specific because if you aim small you'll miss small) and work on specific shots you are wanting to learn. The variety of shots you want to learn begins with the 10 basic shots Brennon and Spyn teach (the link is in the fighting forums and stickied so you should be able to find it) but only ends when your imagination does.
Bryn
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Dec 2008
Realm: Alera of the Monster Coast
Favorite Fighting Styles: Flo & SnB

Re: training with a pell

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am

Scroll down to Fighter Skill and Development forum and hit up the link at the top about Fighter Resources. They have plenty of videos that can help.

As for making a pell it can be anything. I use a weight bar wrapped in a fun noodle that has all the weights on the bottom.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Loderia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Return to New Members