races

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

races

Postby sir_luxarden » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:08 pm

One of my frienda recantly got me in to belegarth on new years. Now we are thinking of starting a realm. But before we do i want to have an idea for my character and race For some reason my mind always falls to a dragon born. But if im ganna do that i got to do it right. So its out of the question due to the fact that i wouldn't be able to do the dragon born race any justice. So here's my question. What would be another good choice for my race type.
sir_luxarden
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Two-handed sword

Re: races

Postby Caleidah » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 pm

First things first: Welcome to Belegarth! Stay out of the General Mayhem for a bit until you learn the general boards etiquette.

Where are you located? Pending where realms are around you, it could make it a lot easier to get a realm started, or there might be one in range for you to visit.

When you say Dragonborn, do you mean the D&D Dragonborn? There are ways you could personify that through paint and some things, but it's understandable that you'd want to avoid it. You'd end up looking like a lizardman to most folks. To be honest, that's not totally detached from what you're looking for. There is information on Belegarth Lizardmen here.

As far as races go in Belegarth, it is totally up to you. Whatever you want to portray is what you can be. The only thing I will suggest, an idea from another member, is "If you have to tell someone what you are, you're doing it wrong." So pick whatever race you want to be and do it like mad.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Acorn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

That wiki also has a ton of information on "established" races in bel to, so look through that to see if there is something you like.

and I second Cal, Welcome to the best game on earth.

also, here is the current tip thread about painting yourself, a necessity for many monster races.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31337
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby Kraylose » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm

I like to think monsterdom is about being yourself so dont just go and call yourself something. Take some time, learn about the other races and monsters, talk to veterans monsters if possible, all these will help you decide if you fit into an established race or should make a new one to fit yourself.
I'm de ogre from Eriador who likes picking on pinkies and goblyns.

Hordes mover of people and things.

Do you have questions about monsterdom? Come talk to me, I can help you out.

I'm a nomad, I show up almost anywhere and sometimes without warning.
Kraylose
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2007
Realm: Eriador
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever gets the job done

Postby Salamander » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Monsterdom is a very oral tradition. Much of monster lore, tips, and tricks are not listed on line. You can get an idea, but if you really want to know what it is like to be a gobbo/ogre/bugbear/whatev, it's best to find a pack of them and run with them a bit. Monster culture is... complicated and hilarious.

But welcome to the game! And I second the nption of staying out of General Mayhem. It's a cesspool of sharks.
If something is worth doing, it's worth getting absolutely filthy over!

WitchDoktor
Salamander
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2008
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword'n'Board

Postby Ignatius » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Welcome to the game! You should probably also not go around calling yourself sir. You can, but you might get some **** from actual knights in the game. Also, nobody gives a rip what you're called until you earn it, so you might want to just go with luxarden.

Remember if you have questions try out http://belegarth.com/rules.php and the wiki link that was already posted. Some of the older folks around here can be a bit cranky and surly. If you've done your homework before you ask something everyone involved will be much happier.
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby CommanderGuts » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 am

I agree with the hanging with monsters to know monsters. I am Human in the game but our unit camped with orcs for BFTR last weekend and while they didn't paint themselves they had some of the best party zone at the event. What race you are has as much to do with how you are at an event or fighing on the field as how you look. If you hold off on desiding what race you are and what your char is going to be it can tend to develop on it's own. You find that you fight a certain way and carry yourself a certain way that may be very natural to you as a person, you then can over exsagerate those natural things into a character that matches your fighting and your personality well. Good luck and hope you have a blast playing this awesome game.
Guts of Fortriu
Marshal Commander of the Champions Guild
CommanderGuts
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2011
Realm: Fortriu
Unit: Champions Guild
Favorite Fighting Styles: Great and buckler
Sword and board

Postby sir_luxarden » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Firstly id like to think everyone for all the extremely useful. Info they provided in helping me to choose what race i was going to choose. An secondly for all the warm welcoms iv gotten. To the world of belegarth. And am happy to report that after days of research. (Literly) that iv decdide to go with a lizardman. And am in the prosess of getting a realm put togather. We well be located in Imlay. N,V.
sir_luxarden
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Acorn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice! If you're successful that will be the first group in NV.

(if the map on our website is up to date that is.)
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby sir_luxarden » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Well now the only thing im having troubble with is changing my name for this website. Do i have to make a new profile or what. Couse its not saving the changes i made.
sir_luxarden
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Galya » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Are you going to your User Control Panel, then profile, then account settings? Type in the new name and hit submit and that should work. The only reason that it wouldn't is if the username you're wishing to change it to is already taken. Try it again and see if you get an error message.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby sir_luxarden » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Yep tried that. It acts like its coing to load couse the page changes. But when i go to my profile my name is the same.
sir_luxarden
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Driger the Wolfhound » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 pm

User Control Panel, then profile, then account settings Type in the new name and at teh bottom it should say current password. type in your current password then submit the current password part is confirming your changes
The Riddle Of Steel
-the ultimate question
Driger the Wolfhound
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 29 Aug 2008
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short-Sword
Short-Spear
Javelins

Postby sir_luxarden » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Yep tried that to. Problem could be the fact that im using my phone. Hay does anyone know if if there's a belegarth app for android
sir_luxarden
Recruit
Recruit

Postby CommanderGuts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am

Let me know how it goes planting that realm... maybe we can get some cali realms to come raid your neck of the woods after you get it going a little!
Guts of Fortriu
Marshal Commander of the Champions Guild
CommanderGuts
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2011
Realm: Fortriu
Unit: Champions Guild
Favorite Fighting Styles: Great and buckler
Sword and board

Return to New Members