BelegarthWiki / Geddon

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

BelegarthWiki / Geddon

Postby Midge Kai'Ironhand » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 am

after some frustration hit with not being able to properly edit my page today, I did some snooping around. I noticed that my name is now red, which it didn't used to be, and when i looked up the usergroups I'm in ( autoconfirmed users, users) the site itself said these usergroups no longer existed. i then noticed other users still had blue names (i.e. blackwolfe) are in the same named usergruops but those DO exist, and these blue names still have the abilities to properly update belegarth wikia pages.

is there some way to get my group transferred from the no longer existing to an existign one so it can get the long-needed facelift?

sorry if this isn't the right place, but I didn't exactly see a questions/answers anywhere else :l adn this is reeeally ticking me off.
Former Warmistress of Redeemed | Uruk Friend | Black Lion Fangirl
Order of the Eunuchs: First Eunuch of the Broken Shield
ImageImageImage
Midge Kai'Ironhand
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 12 Apr 2011
Realm: Babylon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Shield & Dagger, Grapple

Re: BelegarthWiki / Geddon

Postby Rasheab » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 am

It was being wonky for me as well. I can seemingly edit fine, but the quick edit options (push a button and make it bold, indented, a picture link, etc) aren't showing up.
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Re: BelegarthWiki / Geddon

Postby Galya » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 am

Okay, the only replies I can give for both of these issues right now are as follows:

Mishy, your name being in red means that you don't have a user page. Did you ever? If so, perhaps it got deleted by mistake, but I couldn't find one to restore it. I don't think that has anything to do with posting abilities. And I checked, you're right. The autoconfirmed users group is also in red, but again that means that the page doesn't exist, not necessarily that the group doesn't. It's red for everyone, including me, Rasheab and Blackwolfe. Just means there is no page describing it. And I could edit just fine, so I'm not sure if maybe there was something wrong with the Wiki itself when you were trying to post. Perhaps try again and if it still doesn't work, I'll contact Derian to see if he has any ideas.

Rasheab, I didn't use those so I guess I never noticed they were gone. Huh. Might have something to do with the update Derian did recently to try and help with the spam problem. That part didn't work, but the layout of a couple things is different now.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Return to New Members