How does one become Knighted?

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

How does one become Knighted?

Postby jlpinion » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I am jsut starting out in this sport, but in the long run i would like to become Knighted. What is the procedure/possibility of that?
jlpinion
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 23 Feb 2012
Realm: deland
Unit: none
Favorite Fighting Styles: want to use hammer and sheild

Re: How does one become Knighted?

Postby Dangus » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

jlpinion wrote:I am jsut starting out in this sport, but in the long run i would like to become Knighted. What is the procedure/possibility of that?

First, be aware that Belegarth has no formal or official process by which people become Knights. In all reality you could give yourself the title of "Sir. Whatever" and no one would really be able to stop you. That said, throughout this game are different orders of knights, each one is different.
Typically a Knight picks a squire, that squire is his mentor until such time that his Knight sees fit to drop a sword on him. Generally squireships last years and require the completion of many tasks, often involving: weapon/garb making, service to the club, battle field prowess and so on.
Knighthood is something that needs to be done for your own personal enrichment, nobody respects the titles of people who have done nothing to deserve them and true Knights don't expect respect for the work they have done. Becoming a knight is a commitment to being a pillar in this game, not the "end boss" or some notch on your belt. When you accept your belt and your spurs you are dedicating yourself to a set of principles within this game, that speaks to your love of it, beyond that of a normal hobby.
Dangus
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 09 Sep 2001
Realm: Tir na nOg
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Set trippin', Rippin', Dippin'.

Postby jlpinion » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Well said. And deffinitly food for thought
jlpinion
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 23 Feb 2012
Realm: deland
Unit: none
Favorite Fighting Styles: want to use hammer and sheild

Postby Galya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Also, this topic has been brought up many a time before, so if you want, use the search function for additional information as well.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Cade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Dangus wrote:
jlpinion wrote:I am jsut starting out in this sport, but in the long run i would like to become Knighted. What is the procedure/possibility of that?

First, be aware that Belegarth has no formal or official process by which people become Knights. In all reality you could give yourself the title of "Sir. Whatever" and no one would really be able to stop you. That said, throughout this game are different orders of knights, each one is different.
Typically a Knight picks a squire, that squire is his mentor until such time that his Knight sees fit to drop a sword on him. Generally squireships last years and require the completion of many tasks, often involving: weapon/garb making, service to the club, battle field prowess and so on.
Knighthood is something that needs to be done for your own personal enrichment, nobody respects the titles of people who have done nothing to deserve them and true Knights don't expect respect for the work they have done. Becoming a knight is a commitment to being a pillar in this game, not the "end boss" or some notch on your belt. When you accept your belt and your spurs you are dedicating yourself to a set of principles within this game, that speaks to your love of it, beyond that of a normal hobby.

If only more knights shared your view on it...
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Return to New Members