Hello Everyone. Looking to get you guys and gals suited up.

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Hello Everyone. Looking to get you guys and gals suited up.

Postby Imperial » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:49 am

Greetings, just making a quick introduction here. I'm Samuel from Prince Armory and I've just created a new business called Imperial Armories to start outfitting the masses with general badassery.

I'll be doing sponsored suits, group buys, contests, and giveaways and who knows what sorts of promo stuff.

In any case, I want to work closely with groups such as this to design several appealing lines of rulebook-friendly gear.

I'll also be looking to make some connections with the society leaders to help arrange certain interesting events. But that will come later.

Some of you may be familiar with my work at http://azmal.deviantart.com/gallery but check out some the new IA items at our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ImperialArmories

Talk to you guys again soon.

Cheers!
Imperial
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1912
Realm: All
Unit: All
Favorite Fighting Styles: All

Re: Hello Everyone. Looking to get you guys and gals suited

Postby Not Relevant » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 08 Aug 2010
Realm: ATD

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 am

:eyes:
Will you sponsor me?
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Not Relevant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Imperial » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 am

hehe, I'm not that nice so don't read that I intended to give out stuff freely to just anyone. My interest in sponsorship will be in terms of outfitting individuals, and even teams who excel in events and who very frequently attend cons and other high traffic venues. Obviously from a business standpoint the motivation is good publicity. I think there is a lot of missed opportunity with the commercialization of groups like yours and of the events.

And commercialization isn't a dirty word; it means having the financial means to organize huge events, create impressive props and sets, have prize money and other awards for competitions and so on.

I want to sensationalize the larp combat world. I don't see any reason why live action combat groups cant have the same prestige as the XGames or even the NFL someday. I think the key is to strongly pitch it as a real sport, make the stakes high, and just make it generally badass. If golf can do it, why not something like this?

I will say more on this later and discuss some strategies with willing society leaders. Get in touch if you're interested.
Imperial
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 am

Oh, hehe I didn't read that you were actually sponsoring, I was just cracking a joke at how awesome your armor is lol! Total coincidence.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Not Relevant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 am

Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Cedric » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 pm

fantastic stuff!
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Postby Acorn » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am

We should really move this thread to the armor forum, or the buy sell trade forum, or the medieval garb forum, or all three. That way everyone sees this.

Thanks for getting in contact with us. Some of your stuff has been floating around our boards for a while now so it's pretty cool that you reached out and said hello. I am sure you will find people interested in your work here. Gorgeous stuff. Those cut out gauntlets are bomb.

ALSO: The largest event out west (Chaos Wars. info here: viewforum.php?f=38 ) is having a Crusaders v. Monsters theme this year and people have been building epic kits for that. Not sure what the timeline is on any of your stuff, but if you wanted to promote specifically for that you might find further interest.
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby Imperial » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 pm

I'll become more active as time permits and I'll post on those boards too. I've got a lot on my plate and don't want to get more work than I can keep up with. I'm not sure how much promo work I will do this year for things like chaos wars but I do want to start building some bridges and see what comes of it. I'll definitely become involved more with groups in the future.

I want to help organize a federation of sorts and host something like an the Olympic games for combat groups. So I'm just getting the ball in motion at this point.

I do want to organize some events for you guys at the Texas Renaissance Festival so I'll go ahead and plant that seed now. I want to set up a test run for some bigger ideas. Once I get a feel for interest I will run some ideas by the TRF management and go from there.
Imperial
Recruit
Recruit

Postby randy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Im looking to raffle off some items at our next event, to help raise funds. Would you be willing to donate some of your wears? Ofcourse I will generously plug your company if you are willing.
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1994
Unit: rogue company

Postby Imperial » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Which event are you referring to? And how soon? I don't have a whole lot on hand yet since I've been exclusively doing custom orders for so long but I might have a couple things I could send.
Imperial
Recruit
Recruit

Return to New Members