a few questions about rocks.

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

a few questions about rocks.

Postby Voodoo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 am

Are rocks legal anytime? Like during events and such? And when they hit how to they score, is a chest shot a death? I'm pretty much askin how they work, lol. :pirate:
"People have been swinging at me for years, but they always seem to miss".
Voodoo
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 28 Mar 2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/flail and board, single blue

Re: a few questions about rocks.

Postby Korbin the Mad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 am

I've never been to an event at which rocks were illegal. However, they only count if they strike the head, and only if the person struck is not wearing a helm. A rock is the only Class 5/White weapon; here are the rules for Class 5 weapons.

Book of War wrote:3.2. Weapons

-->3.2.2. Weapons yield various amounts of damage according to the classification of the Weapon and the armor/damage status of the target.

---->3.2.2.5. Class 5 (Head only missile) cause 1 hit of Injury to an unarmored Head area. A Class 5 Weapon striking an Armored portion of the Head area causes no injury.

There are some places that have banned them, however. I assume that if the realm hosting the event wanted rocks to be banned, they could be for that event, but have not experienced this. Certain realms use "house rules" on the field during practices, generally designed in the spirit of making their fighters better. Arnor, for example, does not allow rocks at all at practices.
ImageImageImage
Korbin Arhantas Dunamai
Korbin the Mad|House Dunamai
Mad Lord of House Dunamai and the Madlands
Usufructary of Ancilla Ignis
Korbin the Mad
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0-10-2003
Realm: Arnor
Unit: House Dunamai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Spear
Archery

Postby Voodoo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanx :D
"People have been swinging at me for years, but they always seem to miss".
Voodoo
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 28 Mar 2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/flail and board, single blue

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 am

To clarify one small bit, a person wearing a helmet is not completely immune to rock strikes to the head if they have an opening of more than 1/2" in it.

If you have an open faced helmet and the rock strikes your face then you are dead. It may go without saying, but the helmet only protects those areas covered by it.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Thumbs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am

it goes without saying, but i'm eternally amazed the number of people it has to be said to none the less
Do good recklessly
Thumbs
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: stygia
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, spear
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Croc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Korbin wrote:I've never been to an event at which rocks were illegal. However, they only count if they strike the head, and only if the person struck is not wearing a helm. A rock is the only Class 5/White weapon; here are the rules for Class 5 weapons.

Book of War wrote:3.2. Weapons

-->3.2.2. Weapons yield various amounts of damage according to the classification of the Weapon and the armor/damage status of the target.

---->3.2.2.5. Class 5 (Head only missile) cause 1 hit of Injury to an unarmored Head area. A Class 5 Weapon striking an Armored portion of the Head area causes no injury.

There are some places that have banned them, however. I assume that if the realm hosting the event wanted rocks to be banned, they could be for that event, but have not experienced this. Certain realms use "house rules" on the field during practices, generally designed in the spirit of making their fighters better. Arnor, for example, does not allow rocks at all at practices.

I would ban them too if you were to spit one at my face again. xD Nice shot, ya sneaky b*****d. lmao
Croc
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 25 Dec 2009
Realm: Yggdrasil
Unit: Old Aember
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat 'n Board
Red
Archery

Return to New Members