New to Events, What to Expect?

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New to Events, What to Expect?

Postby Wesley » Wed May 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Hello everyone! I am pretty brand new to Belegarth and I am really excited to be getting into it. I've even made myself some (very) simple garb and starter gear. I just have a few questions. I looked around the Armageddon board and I am extremely interested. However, I'm afraid I don't really understand the rundown on what will be going on. I see lots of bits and pieces of information, but could someone give me a brief description of what will be happening?

Should I bring a tent, a cooler of food and drinks, money for shops/food/parking/entrance fees?

What types of games will we play, with how many people, organized into how many teams?

If I come with members of my realm here in Kingdom of the Northlands, will we be organized together into a squad for team battles?

If so, will our squad be merged with other squads from other realms to make bigger armies?

Some of these are a given, but I am just double checking. I really appreciate it, everyone. Thanks for all who respond! Sorry for being such a noob. :D
Wesley
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Feb 2012
Realm: Kingdom of the Northlands
Unit: Sons of Silas
Favorite Fighting Styles: 8' Spear

Re: New to Events, What to Expect?

Postby Caleidah » Wed May 30, 2012 10:07 pm

First and foremost, welcome to Belegarth!

For event packing, this will help you a lot.
http://www.geddon.org/Sorcia%27s_Packing_List

If you didn't preregister for the event, the cost at the door is $40. If you don't feel like cooking, Lady Feri has food for sale. There are also merchants that will eb selling garb, weapons, armor, and a number of other things.

Battles will mostly be field battles, with some scenario battles worked in at the discretion of the heralds. What that means is yet to be seen, but there will likely be at least 400 people present, potentially more. Realm and Unit battles are a given, and you would fight with other people form Northlands during Realm battles. Sides are generally split based on whatever makes it feel more balanced.

If you get stuck on anything at the event or need help and your realmmates are not sure what to do, feel free to find myself, Tails or Antoinette and ask one of us. If you ask around for Clan of the Hydra camp, someone there can likely point you in the proper direction.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Wesley » Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks very much! This is an excellent list of everything I will need, thanks! Yeah, my teammates at Northlands are all very experienced, I just feel bad asking them for everything all the time, so I thought this time I would consult the almighty forums. I appreciate your help!
Wesley
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Wesley » Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello again, sorry for double-posting, but I have some more questions, related to this specific event (Armageddon).

Are there grills available there? Is there ice at the site? How close is the nearest grocerie? Will my car be close to where I will be camping?

Thanks so much everybody.
Wesley
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Caleidah » Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 pm

There are not grills in the individual campsites. As for ice, I'm not sure what the camp store has available, but there are a number of stores in Sandwich (less than 20mins in the car, though someone more experienced with it may feel free to correct me). Your car will have to be in the parking lot, but you are able to more or less drive up to your campsite before returning to the lot.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Return to New Members