New Player needs advice about Leather Lamellar

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New Player needs advice about Leather Lamellar

Postby Hrothgar the Fair » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 am

I would like to make a suit of leather Lamellar armor; however before I spend time and money on this project I wanted to make sure this would be considered legitimate armor.

I'm sure I don't need to quote the BOW to any of our wise and weathered veterans, but for the sake of easy reference for what I would like to have clarified I have included it in this discussion:

"3.5 The minimum thickness for leather Armor is 3/16 inch. The minimum thickness requirement can be achieved by layering up to two pieces of thinner leather."

My plan will be to have each plate made of 1/8" Cuir Bouili leather. If each plate is overlapping 50% over the plate adjacent to it that would give me a total thickness of 1/4" over the entire suit. I believe by the wording of the rules quoted above this would qualify as leather armor; however I just wanted to make sure that I have read the rule correctly and this suit would be considered as legal leather armor.

Thank you all of your time, patience and assistance in this manner,
Hrothgar the Fair
Hrothgar the Fair
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 09 May 2012
Realm: Pike the Ironport
Unit: Not yet
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board or Dane Axe

Re: New Player needs advice about Leather Lamellar

Postby Derian » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 am

You are indeed correct. That should work out just fine.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to New Members