Weapon check instructional video

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Weapon check instructional video

Postby Phishstrangler75 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm

As a leader of a realm that is geographically disconnected from the other nearby realms, I feel it would be very helpful if there was a step by step video of how to do a weapons check.

Not only would this help immensely with safety, it would probably decrease the likelihood of my realm's weapons failing at events.

If there is a video of this already, please post a link to it. Thank you so much.
I am the realm leader for Wrythyk in La Grande and I want to do things right, so please pm me some tips, cautions, insults, or critiques. Thank you.

Brutus wrote: This ruleset wasn't developed in a day. It has been debated and modified ceaselessly for the past 30+ years. Often the reasons behind certain rules do not become obvious until you try to fight without them.
Phishstrangler75
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2007
Realm: Wrythyk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Quarterstaff, florentine, speedbat

Re: Weapon check instructional video

Postby Aimish » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 pm

The problem with a weapon checking video is that you can't feel a video. There are some things that you could demonstrate like the template test, or foam separation, but a lot of checking is done by how the weapon feels. You can't tell how hard is too hard from a video, or separate a tip that is about to fail from one that has a few practices left in it. The only way to learn how to check weapons is in person from someone who knows.
Aimish
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 07 Mar 2010
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Sample Platter
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Shield

Re: Weapon check instructional video

Postby Phishstrangler75 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes, I see your point.
I am the realm leader for Wrythyk in La Grande and I want to do things right, so please pm me some tips, cautions, insults, or critiques. Thank you.

Brutus wrote: This ruleset wasn't developed in a day. It has been debated and modified ceaselessly for the past 30+ years. Often the reasons behind certain rules do not become obvious until you try to fight without them.
Phishstrangler75
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2007
Realm: Wrythyk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Quarterstaff, florentine, speedbat

Return to New Members