Questions and stuff ^_^

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Questions and stuff ^_^

Postby Bilbo Johansen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi guys/girls/other so I've been doing belegarth with friends in my front yard for about a year now and we've finally decided to get a realm and a unit started. We aren't up to murderous force yet but I do have a couple questions.

Firstly so our idea for an emblem is a navy blue background with a white "^_^" in the middle would this be allowed? My concern is Appendix B which states "1.3.5 Any fabrics with modern prints." are forbidden, I have no idea if this is considered a modern print or not so some clarification would be nice. :3

Also I know that you can put a spear hook on a spear but can we put a spear hook on a dagger? A dagger hook? Or maybe even put one on a sword?

Lastly I don't understand how haft padding works in the sense that it allows for tiny striking surfaces or striking surfaces that without the haft padding would be illegal.
Bilbo Johansen
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2011
Realm: The Packlands
Unit: The Wolfpack

Re: Questions and stuff ^_^

Postby Sir Thurat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 pm

1. Your emblem may not pass in some areas. Though it is a fairly simple design, its association with computer lingo may rustle some people's jimmies. I haven't had much experience with that, but I personally would not choose something so distinctively modern, if not just for the sake of looking classy. Take a look at these emblems here, and base your decision on the standard that appears to be set.

2. A "dagger hook" would not be illegal, but it would likely be impractical. Against a shield, it would do little to nothing. Against another weapon, it may work for redirection or blocking, but I couldn't say. If you do make one, be sure to reinforce it with a strip of leather running under the hook. Most people will say "nay", but you don't know 'till you try, I suppose.

3. By the rules, haft padding is not considered blade nor handle. So, for example, if you have a glaive that is 8' long you could have a 32" handle, and let's say you have a 36" blade, then you have a remaining 28" of core exposed. Covering this with haft padding makes it so you don't have to have an extremely cumbersome 64" blade, but ensures that you don't have 60" of unpadded core being swung around. This haft is not technically handle, though it can be gripped, but it is definitely not blade. It cannot cause damage, and contact with haft is highly discouraged, though it is to be padded so as to prevent injury.

If I was unclear or did not answer your question, or if you have other questions, please post again.

-Thurat-
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to New Members