Greetings from Florida

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Greetings from Florida

Postby Thellos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

Ehllo everybody,

My name is Thellos, I started playing Belegarth in 2010 but have been on an extended hiatus for nearly 3 years now.

I first heard of Belegarth when i became a member of Job Corp in Clearfield Utah. My friends would talk about past events all week long, then during the weekend they would go off campus again, coming back with fresh stories to tell.

Many of the stories were about mishaps during the fights. One of which was when one persons arm popped out of it's socket . He literally said "I call dead arm" switched weapon hand and continued on. Other such stories revolved about this one man named Taco and how much they smarted afterwards.

My first experience with it was during a JC event expo. They had several booths set up with pamphlets of information about their clubs. A few struck my interest, others not so much. However there was one group that had floor mats and foam weaponry. I tried it once and it struck something deep within me, quite literally :D

In the Spring of 2010 i joined in the events and by the gods was it fun. Our group met up with others that were in the Clearfield area and we always had a good time. They taught us the basics, showed us a few of the combat formats, and for several of my earliest fights i was the easy kill. Time went on, i got better, and i even fought against Taco on occasion. Sadly i had to give it up because i completed the JC program and moved back to Florida.

Just recently, it was like i received a boot to the head by the muse. I couldn't get the game out of my head. So i started digging and i eventually found my way here.

I look forward to getting back into the game and finding a group in my local area, if not start one altogether.

That's my story in a nutshell.

Merry meet, Merry part, and Hasta la bye-bye.
Thellos
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 13 Mar 2010

Re: Greetings from Florida

Postby Sir Thurat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Welcome back to the game, man, and welcome to the boards. Glad to see that you've got the itch to fight again! I don't know much about Florida's foam fighting community, except that it's a fairly big one. I'm pretty sure Teeg runs a group down that way, and is a member of several others. I'll hold my tongue on that for now, as I don't have any experience with it personally. Someone should stumble in here soonish that knows a thing or two about what's going on in Florida.

To start, though, where precisely are you located, in Florida?
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Postby warwell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 am

Welcome to FL! Please join the Florida Foam Fighting Association on Facebook and post there. You'll be able to find local fighters, get updates on events, etc.

FYI, Howling Coast (Dagorhir) is located in Daytona Beach so there should be fighters near you.

YIS,
Rufus of Dragon Coast (Broward/Palm Beach Counties)
warwell
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 22 Mar 2008
Realm: WotS Chimera Legion
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword (with stabbing tip) & shield

Postby Thellos » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Thank you both for the warm welcome =P

* Thurat : I live in Deltona FL.

* Warwell : Thanks for the tip. I've joined the group and i noticed that you have events in Gemini Springs. Its not quite down the street but it's * close.
Thellos
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 13 Mar 2010

Return to New Members