Rhovanion/Bloomington, IN

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Rhovanion/Bloomington, IN

Postby Matthias - Dun Abhon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 am

I'll be in Bloomington, IN starting in the fall for grad school, and I was hoping there'd be a chance for fighting if I happen to have free time ever. I checked the realm map, but I think it's been very well established how out-of-date it tends to be.

I found Rhovanion, but the blogspot link didn't take me anywhere, neither did the Facebook link, and the Twitter account last tweeted in October of 2011. I feel like these are obvious signs of either neglect of online presence or realm inactivity. I sent an email just in case, but I'm not really expecting a reply.

My question is, does anyone have any other information about this realm? Is it still active (just not online)? If not, any idea why? Is there anyone in Bloomington interested in fighting? I don't think I'll be able to drive very far or very often while I'm there, so I'd prefer to have something local going on if possible.

Thanks everyone!
Matthias - Dun Abhon
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 21 May 2006
Realm: Dun Abhon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and medium round punch shield

Re: Rhovanion/Bloomington, IN

Postby Nish » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi! We are still active, but the fighter who maintains our web presence moved away and we let our internets fall to dust. We will be remedying this shortly.

In the meantime, most of our announcements and activities are posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5988534 ... p_activity

I look forward to fighting with you in the fall! In the meantime, how is dun abhon doing?
**** the boards
~nish
Nish
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2008
Realm: Rhovanian
Favorite Fighting Styles: junk in the trunk

Postby Matthias - Dun Abhon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Awesome, that's a huge relief. I was thinking I'd have to go another 5+ years with virtually no fighting, and I wasn't sure I could handle it lol. I've sent a request to join the group, so hopefully I'll be able to get to know some of you guys before I make it up in August.

I've been living the majority of the past 4 years 70-7000 miles away from Dun Abhon, but the few practices I have visited recently, things have been getting a bit bigger (up to 10-ish people at a time, up from 2-4, which is how low it'd gotten for a while because so many people were so busy), plus the weather's been getting far better as of late, which should help a lot, especially with walk-ons.
Matthias - Dun Abhon
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 21 May 2006
Realm: Dun Abhon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and medium round punch shield

Postby Nish » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Good to hear they're getting more interest down there! War for the Roses was the first day event I ever attended, and it was a blast. I'd love to see another one happen some day.
**** the boards
~nish
Nish
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2008
Realm: Rhovanian
Favorite Fighting Styles: junk in the trunk

Return to New Members