Former member of yaaraseene now member of wrythyk

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Former member of yaaraseene now member of wrythyk

Postby tarstarkes » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:44 am

New to the boards here but not to belegarth all the same I thought it might be nessecary to introduce myself here. I live in northeast Oregon and have recently returned from the military. I used to be a member of yaaraseene out here in the sticks before I graduated from high school, but since then the realm had deteriorated and just recently has been revived due to the hard work of a friend of mine and is now known as wrythyk (although that name may change for various reasons). Looking foreward to getting back into the swing of things (no pun intended) just so long as my knee holds up (old injury and story for another time), that all being said I think I have ranted enough. If you live in northeast Oregon and are looking to join the realm please get in touch with phishstrangler75 here on the boards. If you have gotten this far, thanks for taking the time to read my post instead of someone elses.
tarstarkes
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 11 Apr 1990
Realm: wrythyk
Favorite Fighting Styles: greatsword, TWF (longsword, shortsword).

Re: Former member of yaaraseene now member of wrythyk

Postby Sir Thurat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 am

Welcome back to the sport, man. If you guys run into any road-bumps getting things going, just post; there's always someone floating around with answers to just about anything.

Best of luck, and thanks for representing Belegarth out there!

-Thurat-
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:07 am

Sup homie? I live in Portland and we have a fairly large realm full of 8+ year vets from all types of games from EMP/SCA to Amtgard. We're even helping get some Dagorhir transplants from PA settled in.

This past weekend we had our seasonal War Collegium where a large contingent of regional fighters get together and take part in seminar classes; we have some pretty phenomonal fighters out here and it shows. We have peeps from Babylon(Bend), Tir Na nOg(Eugene), Seattle(Gondor) and around Pyke(Portland) attend. Great fun and fighting was had by all.

So where in NE OR is your realm? I've been talking to phishstranglerlol666lol a bit but considering his lack of transport it's hard to accommodation travel between the realms. If you guys were willing, I'm sure I could convince some peeps to come out and throw down, maybe help you get inspired by fighting some hardcore veterens of the sport.

Also Western Wars, which is on a gorgeous site in Estacada, 40 miles outside of Portland, is one of the better events that happens here in OR and I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING EVEN IF JUST FOR A DAY. We're looking like passing 75 people this year and it is the most chill/relaxed you can get from an event while also having intense fighting going all day.

If you have any questions on getting your realm going let me know and I'll do my best to help or relay questions/concerns to my crew.

Excited to meet ya'll and hope you'll be able to make it to WW nonetheless Chaos Wars.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Phishstrangler75 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Transportation is moving towards not being a problem, and over the summer we'll all be out of school so a meetup would not be inconceivable. At the current moment we are moving towards legitimacy as a realm, making garb, building weapons, increasing our numbers, and starting regular practices. It is unlikely that we'll make it to Western Wars this year but I'm sure you guys in Pike and probably also Rathi will be seeing us soon.
I am the realm leader for Wrythyk in La Grande and I want to do things right, so please pm me some tips, cautions, insults, or critiques. Thank you.

Brutus wrote: This ruleset wasn't developed in a day. It has been debated and modified ceaselessly for the past 30+ years. Often the reasons behind certain rules do not become obvious until you try to fight without them.
Phishstrangler75
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2007
Realm: Wrythyk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Quarterstaff, florentine, speedbat

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm

pyke and Rath. word. go to WW. no discussion
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon May 13, 2013 1:07 am

it's late in the game, but i've got room for one to get to western wars. i'll be leaving thursday afternoon and and can pick someone up if they can meet me in pendleton. it looks like there's a shuttle that runs from la grande to pendleton but you'll probably want to call and check if it's still running.

just be 18+ years and willing to pitch in something for gas.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Return to New Members