Newbie interested in starting a Realm

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Newbie interested in starting a Realm

Postby Agire » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm Agire and I currently study at Aberystwyth university, Wales, UK, I'm currently on the committee for a live action gaming society which mainly run HvZ and Nerf based games. More recently we have been looking to expand into more areas of live action gaming (especially since our uni has banned all projectile firing objects everything from bb guns to water pistols, foam swords are still okay though). I was interested in knowing more about Belegrath and getting people together, especially seeing as our university currently has a reenactment and LARP group.
Agire
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Newbie interested in starting a Realm

Postby wismetalman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Well... I can tell you about Belegarth... but it may be easier for you to read about on the belegarth wiki. everything you need to know is there. except for realm formation. you can always start a club and do it... you can always start doing it on your own. but. you will need weapons... there are great tutorials online.
wismetalman
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2008
Realm: Independant
Unit: Independant
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hammers, Axes, Spears/Javs, B&S

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:00 pm

SUPER HELPFUL, GUY.

So Belegarth is mainly a combat-oriented hobby that delves more and more into actual athletic ability being a contributing factor. We are a medieval society but allow for fantasy themed elements. We don't roleplay so much as cosplay different eras of history and fantasy like Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Conan...

There is a long and myriad history of the different realms that date back to original game we as well as Amtgard, our cousins, originate from; Dagorhir started in the 80s as a mostly stage-fighting type of way to live out battles from Lord of the Rings. Now the game has evolved into a fast-paced, full-contact, athletic and often brutal combat sport. With nerds.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Rocca » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Well said Remy.

I would also add that a university is a great place to start a Belegarth group (or realm). It is really easy to get interest and as long as you are CONSISTENT with your practices (aka same place/same time each week) you should get recruits. For more info you should totally check out the Realm Starter Kit - you can download it here: http://resourcestore.wordpress.com/2009 ... wrealmkit/

Glad to see interest on the other side of the pond!
Rocca
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, archery
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Now start a realm in Scotland so when we go visit the godparents of our babby I can sling stick. Otherwise my closest way to vent is gonna be Warhammer LARPs.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Thorondil » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:07 pm

How are you getting on Agire? I'm trying to start a new realm in north of Scotland - come play with us!
Thorondil
Recruit
Recruit

Return to New Members