Falas Gorgor

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Falas Gorgor

Postby Derokar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 am

Hello,
Im new to Belegarth and was wandering if there is any chance of resurrecting the Falas Gorgor chapter. I was in Dag for a couple years but since I moved to Camp Lejeune, I have yet to find anyone to fight down here. I could get a couple of people to join but we need someone more experienced than myself to train and practice with. I've only been to 2 events (Mittlemarch Olympics 7&8) so I can offer some guidance but I'm still learning myself. I won't be able to travel to far outta town (Mabey an hour and a half). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Derokar
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 07 Dec 2009
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword or S&B

Re: Falas Gorgor

Postby Sir Thurat » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:16 am

Are you talking about rebooting the realm, but moving it to Jacksonville, or traveling to Wilmington to fight?

The previous realm leader is Alan Wawruck. If his FB page is up-to-date, then he still lives in Wilmington, NC, where Falas Gorgor was originally located. I would try shooting him a message to see if there's any fighting going on in that area, if he's still into it if there isn't any fighting currently, and if he knows of anyone else locally that would be interested in starting up again.

Otherwise, your best bet if going to be to start your own realm. Though that sounds intimidating, it isn't as hard as it sounds. Really, at its most basic, a realm is just a collection of people in a geographically defined area who get together to fight at least once a month. There aren't any rules on how that has happen or how the group has to be organized. If you want to make an official, well structured realm, you can check out Cib's New Realm Starter Kit. It isn't all inclusive, or the only way of doing things, but it has a lot of good resources for getting you started. He also has a whole bunch of other stuff on the resource store, where the kit's located, that can prove useful for training, advertising, and recruitment. If you want to keep it simple, find a few folks that want to fight, get together to build some equipment, and then denote days of the month you want to get together and fight.

If you have any more specific questions, please post again. I hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Thurat
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Postby Derokar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 am

Alright, thank you.

I was looking to join his realm in Wilmington. I've sent him a message on facebook and will wait a bit to start my own realm if he doesn't respond. I just gotta wait till April to do so. There is only so much you can do in Afghanistan. Thank you again for the advice as I will look at the New Realm Starter kit and plan accordingly
Derokar
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Derokar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 am

It looks like he hasn't been on facebook since Feb. of last year. Do you know of any other fighters I could get into contact with to try and renew thier realm or add to the one I might have to start?
Derokar
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Thurat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:09 am

Unfortunately, I do not; he was the only contact I could find listed for that group.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to New Members