Researcher wanting information

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Researcher wanting information

Postby weebot » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi there, everyone.

I'm a graduate student in St. Louis studying performance and sports. I am currently working on a project on Belegarth, and am becoming very invested and interested in the sport. I have been loitering around a very gracious group of Belegarth players in my area, and I wanted to branch out and discuss what it means to people to participate in Belegarth in a wider arena.

I have a reasonably short list of questions that are open ended -- so you can give as little or as much information as suits you. You don't need to be from St. Louis or MO to participate, but if you are, that's great. In general I am just looking for people interested in sharing a little about their experience.

Sample questions look like this: "Why do you participate in Belegarth?" "What aspects of participation are most meaningful to you?" "What is your field name? Why have you chosen it?" Pretty simple. It's about experience moreso than the way the game functions, so I'm not interested so much in asking petty questions about the rules. I can look those up. :) It's TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL and just for use for a class project, so this isn't getting published or anything.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to do this, do let me know and I can send it along. The in-person interview version of this questionaire takes 20 minutes, so that should give you a rough idea of how long it takes.

Thanks so much for your time! I look forward to hearing from you!
weebot
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 27 Feb 2016
Favorite Fighting Styles: Totally new; want more info.

Re: Researcher wanting information

Postby Sir Thurat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 pm

I'd be willing to take your survey. I'd try joining and posting about this in the Belegarth Realm Leaders and Recruiters group on Facebook. I'm sure you'd get some more responses from there. The forums are a bit less traveled these days.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Re: Researcher wanting information

Postby weebot » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Thurat wrote:I'd be willing to take your survey. I'd try joining and posting about this in the Belegarth Realm Leaders and Recruiters group on Facebook. I'm sure you'd get some more responses from there. The forums are a bit less traveled these days.

Thank you for the information! I'll be DMing you shortly. :) Thanks for participating.
weebot
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 27 Feb 2016
Favorite Fighting Styles: Totally new; want more info.

Return to New Members