Greetings

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Greetings

Postby durrok » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Dur'rok Bloodoath. I'm new to Belegarth, but have been fighting in Dagorhir for almost 7 years. A little about me: I hail from the realm of Angaron in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm a Squire to Sir Drizzt Wolfcaller of the Empire of Mirkwood. My preferred fighting style is Two Sword, followed by Min Red and Sword/Board. I have a fighting blog that I post to from time to time called Dagorhir Academy(the link is in my profile). It's geared more towards helping newer fighters be safe, successful fighters, but also has topics geared for everyone.

I decided to join Belegarth because over the last few years, my local Dagorhir realm has been going by the wayside, with numbers drastically dwindling more recently, practices are only on Sundays(they start at 2-230 and I start work at 330pm) and they won't add another practice day and it's my only local option. I love foam fighting and miss being able to attend practices regularly, so I've decided that I want to start a Belegarth realm to try and reinvigorate the local foam fighting scene in my area. I would try and help my local realm, but it's proved to be a wasted effort in the past and is an uphill battle that isn't worth fighting. And I have my own ideas on what a successful realm should look like and want to start fresh.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of Belegarth, and any helpful advice on starting up a new realm would be great(I've already downloaded the New Realm Starter Kit). Thanks!
durrok
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 17 Apr 2010
Favorite Fighting Styles: Two Sword
Min Red
Sword/Board

Re: Greetings

Postby Sir Thurat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi! This post should help you a bit in getting started: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29789
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to New Members