List of people banned from sport?

Discussion on marshalling

Moderators: Brutus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

List of people banned from sport?

Postby Tiercel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Where can one go to look up who is suspended or banned from the sport? I tried a few keyword searches but have not found public postings.
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Re: List of people banned from sport?

Postby Sir Anastasia » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:59 pm

To my knowledge, each event and realm has the autonomy to keep those lists. Technically, there is no such list as the type you request because each group or event acts independently.

I think previously these bans had a poor history of being disclosed to WC/BoD by those independent groups and events. Recently, we reaffirmed bylaws so that bans from interrealm events beyond ejecting from the event will need to be reported to the BoD/WC within 90 days. As of now, any bans that have been reported to us have been posted in the Realm Leaders War Council. It is my hope that going forward, events will start reporting to BoD/WC - though I cannot see a mechanism in the bylaw to compel them to do so?

Going forward, if my event has a ban, we will disclose it to WC as per the bylaws, along with a recommendation for whether or not a ban should be extended beyond our region. I hope that other events will also elect to disclose incidents. Perhaps this will make our community safer...

As a caution though - I don't think any event or group should feel obligated to ban someone because another event has. We can imagine scenarios where local powers may abuse their authority over a person. It is truly an individual group or event's decision and responsibility to issue or follow a ban. This is a weighty issue.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Tiercel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:38 pm

There was rumor that one particular Beornve fighter was "banned" from "all of Belegarth" due to something that happened to an event. I did not attend the event, and do not know if this is true.

I was visiting a Dag group recently and someone recognized that I was from Beornve. He said he heard someone from Beornve was banned from Belegarth and didn't know who. (Rumors rumors...) He asked if I could somehow prove I was not the banned person.

I used a well-known older fighter to vouch for me, but really - being able to point to an official posting going forward would be very helpful.

That said - can anyone with official status give me positive, beyond-rumor confirmation (In PM) about a particular fighter recently banned?
-----------
Edit - this is written with the impression that something discussed by "WC" is not visible to the public. If I am mistaken, then a search for a fighting name that find no results would count as confirmation that fighter was never actually dealt with?
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Mekoot Gorlock » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:22 am

No one had ever been banned by the sport.
Mekoot Gorlock,
Horde

Kyrian wrote:Thanks to the rain gods (that includes you, Gorlock)
Mekoot Gorlock
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 12 Mar 2003
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Blood Vally Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever kills the other person

Postby Derian » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 pm

I can officially confirm that that fighter was in fact not banned from Belegarth. He has been banned from Armageddon, though I know that many other realms have also banned him from their events.

As Ana alluded to, Belegarth has no mechanism in place to ban someone from the sport entirely. We are a collection of autonomous realms, and it's unlikely that such a mechanism will ever exist.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Marshalling/Heralding