how should I handel this situation

Discussion on marshalling

Moderators: Brutus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

how should I handel this situation

Postby Boss Kaptin Miikie » Sun May 14, 2006 5:25 pm

I'm the chief hearld for aquilonia I have experence under my belt for on field situations but not really for the ones off the field. So I would like some advice

this situation is effecting me derectily. I have a person in our group that I feel is descrimating aginst me as a smoker he is at a very high rank in the realm and I am needless to say below him.

He has been bugging me to quit for a while and I told him I would try to cut down a bit just so he would get off my back now when ever I light up he shoots me in the nutz full draw with an arrow off the field for each cigerett I have

I don't know hw to get him to stop I feel like if I do he will ban me from practice for some reason for example

I am the only target of his agression and descrimition out of all the smokers in our realm

The leader ship is changing in aquilonia and I don't really have any one to turn to Aat the moment

he is a squire and I am thinking of firing a letter off to his night and ask for advice

so you guy that are versted in the rules what would you do

I don't want to leave the group but that is what it makes me feel like doing
Boss Kaptain Miikie The Voice Of Gruumsh
Red Hand Shaman | Western Uruk-Hai | Red Hand Tribe
Prophet of the Red Back Hand
Aquilonia Realm V.P. | Justicar
Boss Kaptin Miikie
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 1999
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glave, polarm, spear
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Thorondor » Sun May 14, 2006 6:24 pm

Have you talked to him directly about how you feel? If you have, talk to the other people in the realm about it, smokers and non-smokers both.

The smoking is outside of the game, so try not to let it affect your fun. If this person ever goes to an event, they're going to have to put up with the smokers. As long as you are mature about it and try to avoid smoking with him next to you, there really shouldn't be a problem.

IMO, it all comes down to respecting other people. Do you see this person outside of the game at all? Do they harass you about it if you do? Are you smoking on the field while heralding or something else that can be affecting your ability to herald?

~?~
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Spike » Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

singir wrote:I am needless to say below him.

and
singir wrote:I don't know hw to get him to stop I feel like if I do he will ban me from practice for some reason for example

really bother me.

Let's address the first part. You are in no way shape or form below anyone in this game. There are alot of people I respect in this game for their fighting talents and leadership abilities. So much to say, that I would actually follow them into a real battle. But at the end of the day, these guys leave practice, go home, and play a couple hours of WoW just like the rest of us.

On the second part, (I'm saying this assuming that you are of legal age to smoke) if your realm does not have rules against smoking at practices, then it's none of his business even if he is some sort of head figure for your realm.

Now, for how to handle this. You mentioned shooting a PM to his knight. This is a horrible idea. Going over his head is not only going to * him off more, but is shows even more that you think that there is a heirarchy outside of the game. Really, you just need to sit down and talk with him about how he's been acting.

Just say something along the lines of "Listen, I understand your concern about my choices because of heath concerns for me/health concerns of others/or even historical innacuracy (So laughable). If you're really concerned about it, shooting me in the nuts isn't the best way to beat the habit."

For now, that's all I've got. Good luck with the whole thing.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Sir Cairbre » Mon May 15, 2006 5:47 am

Buy a cup.

Or every arrow he decides to shoot at you keep. If he complains simply explain to him that what he is doing is assault, if he would like to continue attacking you physicaly off the battlefield that his Belegarth waiver will not protect him from legal action resulting in his removal, arrest, charges that might be pressed against him, restraining orders that would prohibit him from coming to practices and events, or financial restitution for pain and suffering, as a result of these illegal actions, namely assault with a weapon.
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon May 15, 2006 11:56 am

The first time I'd laugh it off.

The second time I'd tell him if he does again I'm gonna break his **** arrow.

The third time, I'd break his **** arrow.

Maybe not the right thing to do, but I'm just being honest.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Chicken » Mon May 15, 2006 12:26 pm

Never underestimate the ability of people to be asses.

You certainly should talk to him before anything else. It sounds like he might even think he's being friendly - that he's just come up with a fun and theoretically effective way to help you stop smoking, which he thinks you want to do because you should. Or maybe he's a self-important * who thinks the proper way to resolve his irritation at seeing you smoke is to force you to "better" yourself while getting to hurt you and laugh at you in the process, who knows. Give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him that you'll quit if, when, and how you want to and he has to stop shooting you when you're off the field regardless of what he thinks. If he gives you any crap, tell him you'll call him off the field if he does it again.

If you're not smoking on the field or around people who don't want it, it's entirely his problem, not yours. Even if you were, shooting you off the field is hardly an appropriate response.

Then tell the field (and especially your other heralds) that if anyone deliberately shoots anyone other than another living combatant (unless they're playing along), they're dead, and done arching for the day. If they do it a second time, they're done arching on your field. You're the head herald, use it.

Step back and pretend you weren't involved directly. Imagine fighter A had a grudge against fighter B for whatever reason, and any time he saw B not paying attention, whether he was on or off the field, alive or dead, he shot him in the head or nuts. How long would you let that go on?

He's being an * and unsafe. He might not realize, so be the better man and bring it up to him first and give him a chance to correct himself. After that it's a heralding problem, first and foremost - get him off the field.

I like Madog and Jimmy's ideas, too ;). Sorry the political side of things sucks, but that shouldn't mean you have to put up with assault or quit fighting.
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Boss Kaptin Miikie » Sun May 21, 2006 1:07 am

Thank you all for your posts I really apeshate it I did not end up firing off a letter to his knight I think if I just make it very clear how I don't enjpy or think it is funny I will get him to stop thenks again :armor1:
Boss Kaptain Miikie The Voice Of Gruumsh
Red Hand Shaman | Western Uruk-Hai | Red Hand Tribe
Prophet of the Red Back Hand
Aquilonia Realm V.P. | Justicar
Boss Kaptin Miikie
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 1999
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glave, polarm, spear
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby bo1 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:08 am

you could send him a link to this post in a pm. that should get the message across. If he still does it after that, talk to the head herald.
if that doesn't work, i really like breaking his arrows. it is extreme i agree but some poeple don't respond to polite requests. They see it as a weakness, they are bullies. The only way to stop a bully is to beat the F out of them. In this case breaking an arrow will cost him about 8 dollars each time. trust me you break a couple o f arrows and he will stop very soon.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Postby calebmonkey » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:33 pm

wow, well if your the head herald,tell him to stop,if he doesnt send him home,if he tries further retaliation,ban him from YOUR field,and if he tries to get you removed from the game well he cant,belegarth is for everyone,not just those some douche deems worthy
Lt. Chavez B.o.F.
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
all around nice guy

Forkbeard wrote:When new people demand that I explain the wierd parts of our rules and they do not like my answers, I just tell them that the majority of the smart people in this sport said so, that's why. Shut up and fight.
calebmonkey
Hulkamaniac

Started Fighting: 1- 0- 0
Realm: avalon
Unit: BoF
Favorite Fighting Styles: single blue and cold soda

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Excellent necromancy skills Caleb.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Andrek » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:11 pm

So Singir did this ever get resolved? What was the outcome, I would like to know.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Return to Marshalling/Heralding