Another situation for the impatient.

Discussion on marshalling

Moderators: Brutus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Another situation for the impatient.

Postby Syrus » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:48 pm

Gir is standing behind a shield wall to pick off flankers. One flanker by name of Derf gets the drop on him. Running up, Derf swings his glaive and misses a swing at Gir. Before Gir can counter-attack, Derf continues his run and cross-checks Gir, unbalancing him. Gir falls, and upon doing so, he spins his legs around his body in a wide sweeping motion. Noone is hit, but before Gir can regain his feet, takes an arrow in the side. He stands up and walks off of the field, and Derf is quickly dispatched by Gir's comrades.
Shah-Syrus Of Horse Grave Horde
Master of the Crotch-Block.

HORDE WIN, *!
Syrus
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Beorn Tordensjold » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:32 pm

So.... what's the issue? I don't see one. There's lots of wild flailing of limbs every week.
Viking bastards: We're not laughing with you.

Proud owner of one Tor point. So far.

Beorn, Ravensmoon Replicas
http://ravensmoon.com
Beorn Tordensjold
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Freyson » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:49 am

About the only thing I would call is Gir for not taking the arrow hit, and even that is a stretch since he kind of did by walking off. I would pull him aside and tell him that in the future he needs to take the hit and lie dead until instructed by a herald to move. If he continues to do this type of thing he will be suspended.

(Sorry for the delay with new situations. Computer probelms combined with UBB problems will delay the next situation until this coming Sunday.)
Freyson
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:51 pm

One small thing I saw is that The cross checking of Gir (archer) Depending On speed and how agressive it was it worries me to think about myself weilding a glaive, knockin an archer on his rear. Big weapon + little bow = hurt someone... normally myself.... Thats the big thing I see with it. Depending on how hard the check was the rules about Archer bashing/grappling should be gone over again to remind the fighters about some of that saftey... umm.... This is Izzys part... I just pick stuff out.
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2000
Realm: Dur D
Unit: Secret
Favorite Fighting Styles: Koom

Return to Marshalling/Heralding