Arm 5 stuff

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Postby kohntre » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:09 pm

The dates are set for Geddon?

the LOcation is set?

the Activities are in the works?

Units/Realms getting their days/nights ready for feasts?

Are those from outta state bringing their state flags so others may easily recognize they are from elsewhere? " holy **** youre from Alaska?"
" wow I got family in Wash." " I have never been to Nevada, what do you like about it so much?" " have you been to Illinois before?"

just ideas...

btw, not everyone can make it to all the events, and I doubt anyone can make it to all the events. PLease do not try to please everyone all the time, no one will be happy then. there are many events through out the year, people will get to the events they can. What else is there to ask for?
kohntre
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby calebmonkey » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:35 pm

and remember you are only to blame if you dont talk to strangers
Lt. Chavez B.o.F.
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
all around nice guy

Forkbeard wrote:When new people demand that I explain the wierd parts of our rules and they do not like my answers, I just tell them that the majority of the smart people in this sport said so, that's why. Shut up and fight.
calebmonkey
Hulkamaniac

Started Fighting: 1- 0- 0
Realm: avalon
Unit: BoF
Favorite Fighting Styles: single blue and cold soda

Postby Ora » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:20 pm

Okay, we definitely need some clarification here. What exactly are the Arm V dates? I've read two (maybe even three) different sets of dates. Some help here please!
Ora
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 6- 0-1995

Postby Derian » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:24 pm

We will make a new thread and post the final dates very soon, we're waiting to see what kind of assistance we're going to have which will determine exactly when we can hold it.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Xooyan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:57 pm

It seems clear that this late in the game the dates should be left as they are, June 11-18. The park is already reserved and support is available to the Iowa realms for those dates. It's too bad that this was not a discussion that was held on the Belgarth Board months ago. It should have been, but we can chalk that up to a learning experience and move on.

Once this discussion is out of the way, I propose we start talking about ways to get around this crap in the future. Let's seriously consider what it gains us to have Armageddon in this fashion and whether or not maintaining this event is a good idea.

I strongly urge the organizers to go ahead with their dates and make it clear to the general populace what those dates are. Do not wait. This should already have been decided.
Xooyan of Andredesweald
Genetically Enhanced Life Form and proud of it
Xooyan

Postby Ora » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:28 pm

I think a decision should also be made to book the park a year in advance for the same dates each year. That way there's no question to when/where the event is being held and people can make arrangements for vacation/time off from work. It'd make things easier in the long run of things.
Ora
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 6- 0-1995

Postby Bodhi » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:10 am

The final dates for Arm will be posted in a few days. We are under serious discussion trying to figure in our own capabilities and time difficulties. When we post a final date a new thread will be created (hence me changing the name of this thread). Apologies for all the confusion but hey, this is what happens when a smaller realm gets stuck running two events about a month apart, one of which draws several hundred people and is in another state.
Bodhi,
Final solution to all things needing final solutions.
Bodhi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: High Spires
Unit: Horde

Previous

Return to Past Armageddons