Google Rules Video

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Google Rules Video

Postby Ulf Iversen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:29 pm

Is there anyway I can get a copy of the Explaining The Rules and perhaps the Weapon Checking video that have been uploaded on google?
He who felled Queen Andria of Ebonhold on the bank of the serpent's river, Assassin of King Andrek of Ered Duath during the seventh war of Chaos.
Ulf Iversen
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Talion » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:39 pm

Assuming this has to do with your post about U of Utah...,

unless you're planning on showing this straight up to people, you can probably just give people the link to look for on their own time, or direct them to the Book of War.

Otherwise, I don't know of a way to rip the video straight off google. Guess you could try PMing one of the guys who made the vid?

Hope that helped
-Talion
Talion
Monkey
Monkey

Realm: Morva
Unit: Army of Morva
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Magpie Saegar » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 pm

I believe there is a download button for google video. At least, there is on the videos that I've posted.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Ulf Iversen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 pm

It downloads to the hard drive in a format unsuitable for DVD burnage. Though, it is nice to have on the hard drive for promotional purposes. Now to find somebody with a laptop.
He who felled Queen Andria of Ebonhold on the bank of the serpent's river, Assassin of King Andrek of Ered Duath during the seventh war of Chaos.
Ulf Iversen
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Talion » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Not to be a critic, cuz I have no idea what you're planning on doing with the video (and also cuz I'm no expert), but I honestly wouldn't think the video would be the best way to introduce belegarth.

I'm still relatively new enough to remember how I got into it, and the video contains lots of terminology that would just confuse someone imo. It's a great view/alternative to BoW for someone looking to make sure they understand everything, but IMHO, it's so much simpler for a new person to learn the rules from someone in front of them explaining just the barebones basics, letting them get out and fight a bit, and then explaining more.

IE. explain blue weapons, let them spar a bit, fight some field battles that don't include higher class weapons, explain other weapons before moving on, etc.
Talion
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Ulf Iversen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:28 am

I just think it would be convenient to have on hand.
Ulf Iversen
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Talion » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Well then, if you haven't already, the only way to get a digital copy is probably to track down who made the video. I'd suggest trying to PM Bhakdar then.
Talion
Monkey
Monkey

Return to Recruitment Ideas