Backstory

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Backstory

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:15 pm

As some of you may know, I have just come into a part of my life where I am able to come back to the boards and practice. Though, my old account is lost to me, I started this one. I will start from the beginning of my story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a colder than usual October morn. The cries of a small child awaken the parents. The parents walk into the room to discover that the window has blown open, making the child very cold. The father goes to shut the window while the mother checks on the child. The child had a chill, just as he usually had, so nothing seemed wrong. The mother tucked the child into the blankets. The parents thought it was odd that the child was always colder than normal. The father was oblivious to what he was facing, but the mother knew exactly why the child had the odd chill. As the child grew, the chill never left him. He never seemed to get cold when out in the snow, yet never seemed to become warm while by the fires. The now young man had no idea what was in his blood or his genetics, but something he knew wasn't exactly right. As the boy grew older, he always seemed to be better than the children of his age, and found that being around the older children was more fun. When the boy turned 12, he started to have weird feelings inside of him. He desired his meat to be less cooked and sometimes even prefered it to be near raw. The boy thought it weird that this was happened but it somehow made him feel more alive. As though the blood from the meat he ate, gave him more life. He just waved the feeling away as nothing more than coincedence. A year later, the boy is given his first sword, and told to use this to protect the things he loves. He practiced everyday that he could to become better, so he could kill anything that tried to hurt him or his loved ones. Three years later, the boy is now coming into his adult years and is given his first shield, with his father telling him that, a sword is nothing without protection for the one wielding it. The boy spent the next two years perfecting his fighting skill. At the age of 18, the boy hit a large milestone in his life. He no longer required regular food, only the blood. His desire to go out at night to hunt for things grew tremendously, and his canine teeth started to become quite sharp. The started to also notice that he was getting much faster and stronger, though he didn't much like the sun. It's not that the sun hurt him, it just bothered his eyes a bit. So, he started wearing things to cover his eyes a bit. But, when his parents found out, his mother confessed that she had been hiding her illness for many years now, but as her son now was showing the best of both, she would come clean. The mother described to the father and son that she was indeed someone with vampirism. She had been drinking the blood of the chickens, pigs, and any other small animal that they ate while preparing it in the kitchen. The father was shocked and stunned that he had known her all these years and never realized that she was a vampire. The son was just as shocked as the father, but he realized that if his mother could deal with it, he could as well. When he reached the age of 20, he started to not age. He looked the same at 20 as he did at 40. This lead him to want to adventure so people didn't start to wonder.
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 pm

As he travelled, the world changed, it started to grow heavy with feelings of hatred towards someone who wasn't even born yet. As, the years came closer to zero, a very bright star shone in the sky like a beacon, so he decided to travel towards it. As he got closer to this light, he felt an energy in him that was amazing, something like a force driven from the heavens. When, he was what seemed right under the star, he saw a small decrepid building, with only three sides filled with animals. He saw that there was a child with the mother, the father, and a few other people. He didn't want to disturb the beautiful sight, so he ventured off towards a place that he had heard was called Greece.
Upon reaching this Greece, he met a man who was nicknamed Corrupt. As the two men grew and became closer, they were recruited into a small fighting group that was led by a man named Achilles. This group was the Myrmidons. The fastest, strongest, most well trained Greeks of all time. Achilles was said to be undefeatable and that fighting by his side ment that you were the best of the best. But, one fateful night, Achilles was killed. When us Myrmidons found out, we ourselves were dragged into the abyss known as Hades, the underworld. We fell for what seemed to be hours maybe even days, but when we hit the water that was under us apparently, we weren't dead. I found my friend and we swam thru the water, as people tried to claw at us and drag us under, we never faltered. We eventually got out, and upon getting out I felt a surge of energy. I felt as though every muscle in my body was on fire. I felt my muscle bulge and tighten, eventually pulling me to what could be called earth. As I lay there on the ground, unable to stand the pain suddenly went away, but I felt different. Corrupt and I stood wondering what had just happened to us. Then out of no where came our weapons swooping down right to our feet. Our swords, shields and spears, all looking different, but with our personal touch to them still. As I picked up my belongings, I knew instantly that they had been altered. My sword felt as light as a feather and as quick as one. My shield and spear didn't seem to have anything new feeling to them, they just felt to be easier to use; like I had more muscle and could use even better. I checked my mouth and my teeth had fully come out. They were no longer just large enough to bite, but now I could almost kill something with them if I tried. The weight of my armor and equipment didn't seem to be there, and I felt as though I wore regular clothes, but knew that they weren't changed. Corrupt and I pulled ourselves together and continued to walk through the place ever at the ready. We came upon a place full of demons. Demons wanting to rip our flesh off. We decided to fight. With the first swings, 3 demons each fell to the power of our weapons. After finishing the demons off, we looked at our weapons as they had a glow to them. A glow that seemed to speak to the one weilding it. I heard "guide me and I shall strike down your foes easily and peacefully". I was Scared at first, but the sword called out to me calming me down.
Travelling through the underdark, the encounters that we come across of demons, ghouls and many other type of undead, fine tuned our newly acquired abilites and weapon combinations. We once again were fighting like Achilles, though we missed our dear friend. One day, walking through the dark, we say a portal, a walkway, something like that, that led to something neither of us had seen ever. We stepped through and that is where everything went weird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is all for the time being. Things will update after Demon Wars.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:17 pm

That is thus far. What do ya think?
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Elebrim » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 pm

It's interesting. You blended the aspects of history and fantasy well, though I'm pretty sure that chronologically Christ's birth came centuries (or millennia) after the Myrmidons, not before.

Either way, I really enjoyed it.
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Danke!
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:27 pm

what do you mean where things went weird? thats where i come in!
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 07 Sep 2005
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Kittens of Battle
Favorite Fighting Styles: Club and Punch Shield, Red sword

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Thats the point.. hahaha just kidding!
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Sybyll » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 pm

hehe, I do note, that to be a myrmydon (spelling) one had to be Greek. =) But not so bad, if you hand it to me on a paper, i' will grammar check it for ya! =)
My big brother will beat you up =P~!!
Sybyll
Hero
Hero

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Meh, it's just a start, but thanks for the input.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:07 pm

HORATI YOU SUCK! :P haha but not only does it get weird thats where it gets really good. hahaha.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 07 Sep 2005
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Kittens of Battle
Favorite Fighting Styles: Club and Punch Shield, Red sword

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Interesting eh?