I probably just lost all Dagorhir in Puerto Rico

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

I probably just lost all Dagorhir in Puerto Rico

Postby Outhro Youkker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 am

Well, once again, the Wyvern Clan Dushbag has done something new to me. :goblin:
Probably cant fight Dagorhir in PR anymore. :unsure:

I will see if I can redeam myself to stay in.
or my other choices of getting him permabanned for the better good of the game.(Even if I get kicked from Dag too, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make) :angel:

:?: What exactly is Malecius Recruitment?
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby Spike » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Sounds like you were actively trying to recruit his people away from him because you have a personal vendetta against him.

Trying to get him banned from the game won't do you any good anyways.

If he infact is a douchebag, then your best bet is to do your own thing, establish your own group, and hope that word spread in your community is that you are more worth fighting with by far.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Elebrim » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Spike wrote:If he infact is a douchebag, then your best bet is to do your own thing, establish your own group, and hope that word spread in your community is that you are more worth fighting with by far.

Quoted for truth.

If there are enough willing fighters in the community, two realms are better than one, or none. Also, there's always the hope that winds will shift and people will be able to work together in the future.
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Outhro Youkker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:11 pm

In august, whenever I started, there was only 1 unit, Douchbag's unit. His numbers grew very quickly with the help of my recruiting to his field.
In december I was banned from practices because of "Malecius Recruitment"
There is only one Unit in the realm, what was I going to be recruiting people for? Plus why would I wanted to take the same people I just put there? There was no other Unit, he wanted to ban me anyways.
End of december I wanted to make my own team in the town I am living in, he banned me for not telling him any information about the unit and who was in it. At that time and still now, I am the Goblin Unit of ONE. His main reason for banning me was because I choose to NOT be one of his SubUnits like all the other new ones that were beggining.

I have tried making my own, but the stupid REALM rule of the amount of MILES per REALM, is stupid, because by him making the realm, there is no space for any other. If I make any unit/realm or whatever of Dagorhir in Puerto Rico, he has to have a say in it. The rules prevent anybody to get away from him.

I have invited people to have extra days of fighting if they wanted. That is all I did. They get to keep their Unitname, they dont join me, they just show up.
My plan was to make my field a marketplace of different visiting fighters from different units besided my own. Plus mostly talking and trading information about weapons/garb/shield/armor making.
That was my plan.
Now it is pure Belegarth. Tomorow I take a break to go visit the University close to my apartment to talk to some people for recruitment in my area, then go early to my university to grab the papers for making a realm in the university. The University will be made selfsuficient and will not need me. The realm in my town will be my goblin traders. Anybody can visit, even from Dag.

If I ever make it to Ragnarok, I have talked long ago to a few unit leaders that have invited me and any who are with me to fight with them.

I am not going to sweat the loss of Dagorhir in Puerto Rico. Now it gives me more time to think of other things than trying to help screwed up units that have been bribed with free weapons from the Douchbag.

I even feel releaved. No more crap from him, no more stupidity from hit lemmings. If they need my help again, they will have to go find me.
I now have a clear path for building my barbaric wave of goblins. :goblin: :D

Thanks for the spelling of douchebag
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Outhro Youkker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Sorry about my venting.
This is the only subject that realy has me wanting to scream in a conversation.
I even have urges to talk on the phone to vent there too... and I dont use my phone much :(

I will get this out of my system away from the forums so that nobody has to hear my continued complaining
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Sir_Mel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Good, cause this is gettin annoying.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby Elwrath » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:56 am

keep going as long as you want bud...everyone needs an outlet and some forget that they don't have to read the forum if they don't want to listen to it.
Elwrath
Veteran
Veteran

Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: EBF

Postby Arrakis » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:13 am

Here's the thing:

IT DOESN'T MATTER what this guy says or does; you can ALWAYS start a Belegarth Realm. THEN, if Dag fighters want to come fight, they CAN! And if they don't want to, that's also fine!

Just do your thing! **** that guy!

Geez.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Alunsun » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Worry not my green friend, you will have your chance to destroy his hopes and dreams... Again, we got your back. Just help handle this Umbar business rq and we'll be rolling like some medieval pimps in no time.
how much about a nike dunk ??every one know??
Alunsun
Scout
Scout

Unit: The Black Corsairs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Alunsun » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:34 am

Woa! I'm an underling! Sweeet, no more flail over my avatar.
Alunsun
Scout
Scout

Postby Old Horse » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:39 am

I will second that opinion!

Don't worry about politics, Outhro.
As long as there's at least two of us, there will always be practices.

Just concentrate on the bright side and let's keep having fun! ;)
"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

-The Iron Code of Druss.
Old Horse
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2004
Unit: Black Corsairs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Two-handed sword, Single blue

Postby Peregrine » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Melannen wrote:Good, cause this is gettin annoying.

I hear you! come on just start a group and let people choose.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby savetuba » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:47 pm

quick questions, how does one ban a person from a practice and then enforce it? And what is to stop someone from going to a practice and asking everyone there if they are there for the fighting or are they there for the drama? Then proceed to let everyone know they are welcome at/on your field as long as they leave the drama?
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Alunsun » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Tuba, it's already been done. And those that want to fight more than they want play cosplay grab-...butt... will either come to us or drop the sport altogether. The majority have chosen the latter because they really don't find a need for what they have seen and are understandibly hesitant to give another group a try. Again, this is fine, though. The turth is that we can't be stopped from giving fighters the choice and we won't be dropping out. Also, to answer the question of fighting or drama, most people in the Dag group are there because they heard someone was handing out free stuff and titles. They won't get the same treatment in Umbar, so naturally they'll take the road of least resistance. Anyways, I'm sure this thread is done for, it was just something that had to be told out in the open so we don't get associated with a scrubby Super Unit. Anyways, it's not that big of a concern to me or anyone else, it never was.

Consider this thread shot in the face. :neutral:
Alunsun
Scout
Scout

Postby Kyrax » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Outhro and Phallys,

Go for it, start your own group. But start it on its own merits, not as a reaction to someone else (and we know who that is) or some other group or groups. 99.99999999% of the people in Puerto Rico have never heard of foam fighting, Dagorhir, Belegarth and so on. To all of those folks, your goal is to convey what a fun activity this is, how easy it is to try, and how creative they can be when coming up with their character, costuming and weapons. Go out of your way to avoid setting things in direct competition to that guy, or his unit, etc. - just set your times and schedules for your own reasons and let the fun begin.

Over time, members of that other group, particularly those you are friendly with may contact you and want to join in on your activities. But let them make that choice. Directly recruiting people who are a part of the other group will only generate more animosity, could create retaliatory actions, and would put those people in the middle of what right now is a personal dispute you're having with the other group's leader. To me all of that is what I'd call Malicious recruiting. There are so many people who've never heard of this sport, that poaching recruits from other groups just doesn't make a lot of sense. Recruiting from the unaware masses is the way to go, both growing the sport overall by bringing attention to it, as well spreading the word that this is a normal, fun activity to participate in.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby Alunsun » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 pm

You're right, thank you Kyrax. Nobody ever tried to poach members from any organization. We're not even looking that way, we're focused on Umbar and Belegarth. At least I speak for myself and the Corsairs.
Alunsun
Scout
Scout

Postby Shyftir » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:44 pm

This one group from another sorta similar group recruitment is similar to a phenomenon in certain Churches called. "Transfer Growth" It's cool to be a big group, but if it consists of ganking other people members instead of recruiting your own originals it's lame.

Just do your own thing and let him do his. It doesn't take long for lameness to show itself out.
MUXLOVIA

Clan Black-Hawk - Trueborn
Shyftir
Thug
Thug

Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan Black-Hawk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board & Blue, Javelin

Re: I probably just lost all Dagorhir in Puerto Rico

Postby Dedric » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 am

OK, dude, chill, and listen well. A while back, in a Dagorhir chapter with which I am affiliated, there were hard feelings and misunderstandings during the off-season. Not unlike the Dag/Bel split, I must say. Some threatened to start their own realm... and some said it was impossible, and would be shut down. So here's the upshot. Graymael himself stated, on the Dag national forum, that he would allow a second realm to be started in the same city, if two leaders of competing viewpoints could not work things out. So if this guy REALLY is a d-bag, then you CAN start your own realm. The "so many miles" thing is pure BS. I don't know who fed it to you, but it's 100% against what Graymael posted on the Dag forums.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:47 am

A. Your necro skills are amazing. This post is months old. I'm sure everyone here has "chilled."

B. It's one thing to talk about other sports, it's a whole other to suggest an established Belegarth realm become a Dag realm. That's just rude.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Arrakis » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:11 am

And yet no one is going to ban him! Isn't laissez-faire moderation a wonderful thing?
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Solusar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 am

Outhro Youkker wrote:Well, once again, the Wyvern Clan Dushbag has done something new to me. :goblin:
Probably cant fight Dagorhir in PR anymore. :unsure:

I will see if I can redeam myself to stay in.
or my other choices of getting him permabanned for the better good of the game.(Even if I get kicked from Dag too, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make) :angel:

:?: What exactly is Malecius Recruitment?

I've never actually met Akeron (despite him going to 2 Rags) but he seems like a huge douche on the Dag boards. For instance, he's been promoting some Spanish Amtgard-like game on the forums, but that's totally okay although when I tell someone in CA to go to an event in ID I get the perma ban-hammer. So I think you should burn his house down, but that might just be the Militia in me talking.
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Dedric » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Haha, Big Jimmy, I wasn't recommending an established Bel realm to become a Dag realm. I didn't see where he said that he was now an established Bel realm (it was late and I was tired, sorry :P ), rather, that he was PO'd at the current leadership and wanted to start his own Dag realm, but didn't think he was allowed to. I was simply pointing out that he is absolutely allowed to, as I was involved in a similar argument in another realm.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Enoch » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Having met all parties in question and spoken with them at one time or another, this necro is stupid and I should have been here earlier to catch it.

Locked.
M.F. Enoch & Co.
Enoch
Brute
Brute

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports