It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 am

Post subject: Wiki-fied New Realm Kit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 pm 
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 18 Apr 1996
Realm: Stal Dalen
Unit: HORDE
Previously I mentioned combining and wiki-fying the numerous "New Realm" or "Streamlined Rules" projects floating around to both simplify upkeep on these projects and protect them from falling to the wayside. At this point, I've mostly done that. It still needs some important items, i.e. instructions, but it is nearing completion.

Up until this point, I've mostly been searching the wiki, searching the web-board or direct converting Xipher's book to the wiki. But I'm starting to run into places where there is no content to fill the holes I need to fill. I need help with this; I know that there are many people out there much more qualified to write this content than I am.

Specifically I need how-to guides for the following:
  • Realm Building Tips
  • How to Run a Practice
  • Weapons Testing - Done.
  • Basic Group Tactics
  • Governing the Realm
  • Noncombatants
  • Web Presence
  • Growing the Game
  • Complete listing of useful web links
  • A document describing the process, specifically, for how to get a group recognized as first a "speaking" realm and then a "voting" realm at war council (currently, this info is buried in the BoW)

There are other holes that need patched, but these are the big ones. Feel free to browse around the project and fill in any blanks you find. Any and all help, support, suggestions or (constructive) criticism accepted.

Thank you.

Horde marched to the field. Their leaders up in the air, adorned in furs and animal skulls. Women from camps chained underneath the platforms, fire-breathers & flag bearers ran about before of the procession. I have never in my life felt closer to being in a fantasy world. I will always remember that for a moment I thought so many things were possible.

Last edited by eeach on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Wiki-fied New Realm Kit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 pm 
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
I have plans in the works to get a video guide on checking weapons online at some point in the near(ish) future.

I can write something up about web presence as well.

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:05 pm 
Brute
Brute

Derian wrote:
I have plans in the works to get a video guide on checking weapons online at some point in the near(ish) future.

I can write something up about web presence as well.

About thie time I posted, I found the Weapons Checking Category on the Wiki. So that should be good... but I still need to read through it to make sure it makes sense in context (I'll be doing a lot of that in the comming weeks).

I'd love to have howto info on web presence from the actual Belegarth Webmaster ^.^ Thanks.

Horde marched to the field. Their leaders up in the air, adorned in furs and animal skulls. Women from camps chained underneath the platforms, fire-breathers & flag bearers ran about before of the procession. I have never in my life felt closer to being in a fantasy world. I will always remember that for a moment I thought so many things were possible.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:34 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 12 Mar 2003
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Blood Vally Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever kills the other person
eeach I just want you to know you are amazing. Thank you for all you have done to make information readily accessible to new members.

Kyrian wrote:
Thanks to the rain gods (that includes you, Gorlock)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:43 pm 
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 6-1997
Realm: Khatovar
Unit: Kyulicks
Favorite Fighting Styles: Thunder and Lightening.
I completely agree. Great job! There are some new fighters around this area, and it's just in time to send the link!

Starting 2009 off right. 8)

Tiercel wrote:
Sometimes I stay on my knees for so long, I forget, and have to leave them both down.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 am 
Brute
Brute

Mekoot Gorlock wrote:
eeach I just want you to know you are amazing. Thank you for all you have done to make information readily accessible to new members.

Squire Dacian wrote:
I completely agree. Great job! There are some new fighters around this area, and it's just in time to send the link!

Starting 2009 off right. 8)

Thanks guys. ^.^

OfflineProfile