Kicked off the Dagorhir Board

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Kicked off the Dagorhir Board

Postby Slagar » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:17 pm

This thread is still showing up #2 on Google searches, just FYI.

This thread depresses the **** out of me.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Sorry for the delay folks but if I may request a list of those who would like to have their banned Dag account reviewed. It would be most helpful. Please do not make a request if you plan to misuse your account in the future. This is one of those things that can either be a great idea, or a really bad one. Tread lightly or we slide backwards. if your past transgressions are unforgivable, don't bother.

This is not a Dag request, this is my request. I promise nothing except that I will review your request.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby The Bruce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 pm

I'd like to try again. I was banned before I ever even got to make a single post. That might be a record of some sort, but I would like to be able to communicate with the Dag fighters I practice with... :neutral:
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mildly drunk.

Postby Oisin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 am

Slagar wrote:This thread is still showing up #2 on Google searches, just FYI.

This thread depresses the **** out of me.

#2 for what search criteria? I searched Belegarth and Dagorhir while signed into both boards and the first full page of results for both either their own websites, wiki/youtube, or realm pages. Only exception was Dominus' ridiculous Belegarth are evil boogeymen rant.

Oh, and Sidheag, you're right on the spot as far as my experiences go as well. I've told several of the board administrators this same thing, straight up, both on an off the boards, and been either told that since I'm not a member of a Dag realm (due to geography not any political choice) I'm an idiot and what I say doesn't matter, or threatened with being banned.

It's ridiculous how many people from how many places I've heard have a bad impression of Dagorhir because of their website . . . I've started going to SCA combat practices as well, and the first thing I got when I told them I also fight Belegarth and Dagorhir is, from people who have never attended a single boffer event in their lives, "Hey, isn't Dagorhir the group with the douchebag forums?"

I'd love to see both Dagorhir and Belegarth be successful and get tons of members and have great events, for purely selfish reasons (aka, so there are tons of people for me to fight and tons of great events for me to go to), but its really annoying that Dagorhir's success has to be in spite of its web presence, when that web presence could be so much better.
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Lurker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 am

Blackhawk wrote:Sorry for the delay folks but if I may request a list of those who would like to have their banned Dag account reviewed. It would be most helpful. Please do not make a request if you plan to misuse your account in the future. This is one of those things that can either be a great idea, or a really bad one. Tread lightly or we slide backwards. if your past transgressions are unforgivable, don't bother.

This is not a Dag request, this is my request. I promise nothing except that I will review your request.

I would enjoy not being banned; it would save me the trouble of making another account.

I don't care as much about the issue anymore and I wouldn't be posting very often, so you wouldn't be losing much by reversing your decision.
Lurker
Toadie
Toadie

Realm: Pegasus Valley
Unit: none
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Short, Sword and Punch, Flurb-Weapons

Postby Slagar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 am

Oisin, I googled "belegarth boards", on a friend's computer since I didn't have the bookmark handy there, and am supremely lazy in my internet habits. First hit is a direct link to the front page, second hit is a direct link to this thread, complete with an excerpt from some really ****, barely-english rant from someone I've never heard of who posted here. Mostly it's just that Googling "belegarth boards" is pretty much how I tell people to find this place. To have that sitting out there looks really bad, imo. It's already attracted at least one trolling psycho from overseas, by his own admission

At this point, though, it seems like this thread might actually be worth something in the long run. Guess we'll see. Derian was talking about pulling Google's access to this thread, so I was just letting him know that whatever steps he's taken don't seem to have kicked in yet.
Numenorean expatriate
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Oisin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

Yup, "belegarth boards" returns this thread second for me as well . . . my Google-fu was not running at 2 am last night, lol.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Derian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Yes, Google's crawlers don't have access to this forum, but it looks like it takes them a while to update their data.

Also, Slagar, you can just tell people to come to board.belegarth.com instead of searching. No more/less difficult. ;)
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Wisp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 am

Blackhawk,

I've given up on Dag. My care button is broken. Still have some seriously awesome people I like to talk with that are pure Dag fighters, but other than the odd question now and then before an event, I have no reason to want back on the Dag forums. There are other venues that are Dag that are not as restrictive and I still make my way to the events themselves.

I'd still very much like to fight with you and Jari again. Well, Jari anyway, you were broke last time I saw you. Hope your better and make it out to an event I'm at in the future! Come to Lord of War!!!

Will
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Sol Invictus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Small Punch, 32" Blue

Postby Lord Onyx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:37 am

Here Blackhawk try Lordonyx's account on the Dag board.. I was banned for offering to pay for Ori's flight, admission, food drink and time at EQ 3 years ago. He made a statement that the EBF where WAY over rated and I wanted to give him a chance to prove it (everyone that knows me knows I love a challenge!). However Dominus said it was me using Dag's site to promote a Bel event so I was immediately and permanently banned, which I found truly amazing since EQ is only 5 years behind Rag in length of running and was a DAG event long before it started being handled by the dreaded Bel kingdom of Dur Demarion. Dominus has disliked me for years and I honestly am not going to spend any more time in my life attempting to understand him or the other Aratari leaders that hate me. I have and will continue to help out in any and every way I can to grow foam fighting with or with out their support or approval.

All that said I would love to comment on the Dag board and I never have or will abuse that. GOOD LUCK ON THIS ONE!!!

By the way I might even post a few stories like the one I told you at Rag!!!
Onyx Warlord EBF

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other * die for his.. (General Patton)"

Ruining medieval experiences every where with OAKLEYS!
Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 1991
Realm: Triad
Unit: EBF

Postby Arrakis » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:51 am

As someone who started significantly post-split, seeing pictures of Aratari standing at Monty Bell from Rag XV or whatever on the Dur-D Website was just surreal.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Lord Onyx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:00 am

I fought for almost a decade prior to the split it is hard to believe what occured was real.. However I think everyone has made the best of a truly bad scenario..
Onyx Warlord EBF

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other * die for his.. (General Patton)"

Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Postby The Bruce » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 am

This morning I wanted to thank the Greygladers for hosting a fun event yesterday in Anniston, Alabama, so for S&G I registered on the Dag board and voila! I was instantly in! Remarkable! :)
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~Frank Sinatra~

The Bruce
Monkey
Monkey

Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mildly drunk.

Postby Ralimar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey, Onyx! I think the EBF are waaaay overrated! So, I think you should fly me to equinox... and maybe Octoberfest, too. :)
Ralimar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2099

Postby Lord Onyx » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Rali you need to sell some more underwear or just mug a bum and get your * to EQ! =p
Onyx Warlord EBF

Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Postby xiao » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:05 am

they lifted my ban! wooot!

go eryndor!
xiao
SLAYER

Postby Dedric » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:21 am

Kyrax wrote:Like it or not, it is their resource, so their choice as to how it is used. Other groups, like B-garth, make different choices. But it is their resource, so they get to choose.

I guess that's where my problem has always been. Of the people I see on a semi-regular basis in Dag, probably 9 out of 10 would be for opening the board up. It's not the choice of "Dagorhir," but of a few people who RUN "Dagorhir."

I've been an active Dag fighter for almost three years now. I've attended three Rags, 2 Badons, Gates of Fire, and numerous other regional events and practices. But I don't get a vote. Funnily enough, neither does anyone else around here. And while our money doesn't go directly towards the website (which, web hosting bills are negligible now in an age when you can rent your own independent server for well under $50/month), don't think we haven't spent plenty of money on Dagorhir, both for ourselves, and for loaner garb, loaner gear, and event costs that we never get back.

I understand that some of the PtB hate Belegarth, and I understand why. I just don't see why that childish attitude has to taint the entire game.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 am

Dedric is correct, the vast majority of Dagorhir fighters would prefer that the board not have the current gag-order on mentioning other games.

It's not so much that we would want to divert traffic from Dag to other games (which btw would be lame and underhanded) but that a lot of us would rather be able to say stuff like "well, in game A they do X with results Y and Z. Why not try doing X as well here?" than be told that we are trolls who have no business playing anything other than Dagorhir.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 am

Well, I am still banned, even as a guest. My entire IP is banned I think, cause I can get on if I use hidemyass.com, but that's it. I wouldn't mind being able to post up there every once in a while, or at least be able to read them.

I was banned once and I did't know why. I repeatedly sent messages and e-mails, asking why I had banned and got no response. When the Dag boards changed over I got a reprive, so I asked Dominus why I had been banned in open forums. Now I am perma banned I guess, and I doubt I will ever have access.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Oisin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am

MagnusofDregoth wrote:Dedric is correct, the vast majority of Dagorhir fighters would prefer that the board not have the current gag-order on mentioning other games.

It's not so much that we would want to divert traffic from Dag to other games (which btw would be lame and underhanded) but that a lot of us would rather be able to say stuff like "well, in game A they do X with results Y and Z. Why not try doing X as well here?" than be told that we are trolls who have no business playing anything other than Dagorhir.

+1
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Soo Ma Tai wrote:...When the Dag boards changed over I got a reprive, so I asked Dominus why I had been banned in open forums...

To quote the Monday Night Football segment: "C'MON MAN" From what little you know about the way things are run over there, doing what I quoted you saying you did, should not lead to shock in anyone, EVER, at the resulting ban. Doesn't make it right or wrong... Just makes them consistent in applying their (in most people's views, arbitrary) rules. You know they have control issues, and then you challenge the controller's logic and/or motive in a public forum, thus possibly resulting in the inability to answer in a satisfactory manor?!!? C'MON MAN!

I don't agree with your banning at all if it was really just for asking that very tame question. But I am 100% not surprised by it.

I find it hard to believe that anyone is EVER surprised by their banning, given how well known the rules are over there. I was banned about 3 or 4 years ago on the old Dagorhir boards for mentioning Belegarth and Darkon in one sentence... I figured since they would be auto edited into asterisks, it didn't matter. Boy was I wrong. I apologized and have my account back. And was head of security at last Ragnarok... Just play by the rules or don't play, it's really so brutally simple.
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby xiao » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:37 am

give ol' D-Money a call :)

take him out to dinner or for a drink! romans like to partaaaay
xiao
SLAYER

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 am

Well Thrush, it wasn't tame, I was a total * about it, and fully expected to get rebanned. Dom banned me the first time with no explanation, or anything. So when I got my chance I rocked the boat. I check the boards over there every once in a while. I even registered under a totally different name so I could post once. Like I said, I wouldn't mind being able to post over there, but it's really no big thing.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Arrakis » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 am

xiao wrote:give ol' D-Money a call :)

take him out to dinner or for a drink! romans like to partaaaay

*, Xiao! You got too much style!
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Hehe I kinda figured as much man... I also didn't think you were losing any sleep over it.
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Nope, not really. Once all this came down with Dag, I have boycotted any and all Dag sponsored events. I also tell people to start a Belegarth realm, even if I know there is a Dag group where they are. I just can't support a group who refuses to support the rest of the foam fighting sport.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Too bad you're never out east... You'd have fun beating on some people in Darkon. We welcome anyone who wants to come play!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

I am making a serious effort to save some money this year and get out to some more eastern stuff, like Spring War and EQ or Beltain. I hope to cross swords with you at some point.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rasheab » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:14 am

We have a couple of displaced Darkon folks out our way (because of Naval Air Station Whidbey, and Fort Lewis). They came out with us to visit Tacompton, and went to Talinor's Invitational this year. They were really cool cats.

(And SO much fun to fight with a redsword, and to watch fight. Good style.)
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 am

You don't remember who they were do you? I'm glad they made a good impression!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Convel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 am

I want to say one of them was named Garath
Convel
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 28 Jun 2009
Realm: Gondor

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 am

Garath is a good goober! I tried to recruit him when he was young and impressionable... He was too stuck in his ways already and afraid of leaving his froofy friends for a manly unit of manly men... lol If you ever see him again, tell him I said so!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Kyrax » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Soo Ma Tai wrote:Well Thrush, it wasn't tame, I was a total * about it, and fully expected to get rebanned. Dom banned me the first time with no explanation, or anything. So when I got my chance I rocked the boat.

*shakes head*

What are you, 9 years old? You asked to be reinstated just to cause trouble? You do realize that you just added yet another justification, in their minds, for the restrictive policies on that board. And for the ongoing animosity towards Belegarth on the part of a small group of the Aratari leadership. And thus of course helped to prevent the overall growth of foam-fighting as a hobby/sport or whatever.

This is just sad Soo.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Well Kyrax, I am sorry you think it's sad for me to want an explanation as to why I was banned in the first place. I feel my question was fully justified. I think it's sad that you still support those leaders, who arbitrarily ban people for no reason and without explanation. Yes, I rocked the boat, I asked, why after repeated e-mails and messages to the Dag leadership, I was banned and was never even given the courtesy of an answer, and still havn't. That, Kyrax, is sad.

I also never ~asked~ to be reinstated, when the boards changed over, I was somehow magically reinstated, and used the opportunity to call out Dom. Apparently he didn't like his facism pointed out publicly. The only reason I pointed it out there, was because he refused to handle it privately. I have now, and never been a troll. I do not currently, nor have I ever posted on the Dag boards anything that could be considered trolling save the one post for Dominus, which was sumarily deleted for obvious reasons.

So in conclusion...Kyrax, take your high and mighty attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine. If that doesn't work for you, find me at any event we are both at, and we can settle it however you think is most appropriate. :finger:
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kyrax » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Fine Soo, I misunderstood how you got access again. Regardless, you posted just to stir things up and are surprised to be banned again?

I don't support the board policies and think they're counter-productive, and have said so to the folks responsible for them repeatedly. But I am no longer a member of the Aratari, nor an officer of DBGA, so I have no influence on those decisions. Those policies are what they are, which you knew when you logged on, this time at least. And as I continue to point out, each additional 'stick-poking' post here or there just reinforces the attitudes of those who have imposed those restrictions. This thread alone probably prevents a calming of the situation. And fair or not, I find all of it sad.

If you want to talk about this at an event, that's fine. But if you want to fight someone over this, with foam hopefully, head East and look for the bald guy in the shiny white armor.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby Rasheab » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 pm

I'll be sure to let him know Thrush. :pirate: But Gararth is the primary Darkon-er (I believe he's the one organizing stuff up on Whidbey), and unfortunatly I don't remember his friend's name. (Bad with names.) I'll definitely see him again sometime (when I'm back on the mainland), but I think Convel and Ladybug are likely to see him sooner than I will.
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Oisin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Soo, I agree with you about the general issues at hand . . . but Kyrax is right. You stirring the pot, on purpose, just makes things harder for all of us. Regardless of what * might go on, stooping to their level is immature, pointless, and couterproductive.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 am

Rasheab wrote:I'll be sure to let him know Thrush. :pirate:

Thank you kind sir. I love insulting people I like, through people they don't expect it from!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Yes, I stirred the pot on purpose. Until those in charge of Aratari are dead and gone, nothing will change and there will never be a Bel/Dag battle that has the support of Dag, ever. It's a real nice thought, but not something that will happen, no matter how much the fighters of both groups would like it. What makes it harder for people like you Oisin, is the policies of Dominus and the DGBA BoD. Because no matter how much you try, you wont change their minds.

If I were ever at an event that Dominus was at, and I met him in person. I would be obliged to punch him in the mouth, as I would ~anyone~ who treated me the way he has. I don't take kindly to being disrespected and threatened when there is no reason for it. After that, perhaps we could talk, but that would be my first reaction. Not that it's likely that will ever actually happen as I don't see Dom coming to a Bel event and I wouldn't be caught dead at a Dag event.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Azgarehta » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Soo Ma Tai wrote:... and I wouldn't be caught dead at a Dag event.

Dag has rez battles, so you wouldn't be caught dead anyways.
Azgarehta
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2009
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Running Away

Postby No'Vak » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:48 am

Azgarehta wrote:
Soo Ma Tai wrote:... and I wouldn't be caught dead at a Dag event.

Dag has rez battles, so you wouldn't be caught dead anyways.

Quoted for signature!
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Dedric » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I see your point, Soo, but I think that if the chapter admins ever decide to speak up they can change those policies. Dealing with the DBGA is ridiculously frustrating, and they seem to continually shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to good will and recruiting. I think that as more realms and more people come to realize that, they may someday force a more democratic procedure, and rid us once and for all of policies that serve only to divide the people who share so much over meaningless boundaries.

Even recently, with the additional of Blackhawk, and the combined * of a lot of people, they've been somewhat forced to accept that maybe they were being a LITTLE paranoid. Going from that to that Bel fighters are their FRIENDS is going to be a big step, and require work on both parts, but I think it will happen one day.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Peregrine » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 am

Soo Ma Tai wrote:If I were ever at an event that Dominus was at, and I met him in person. I would be obliged to punch him in the mouth, as I would ~anyone~ who treated me the way he has.

Note to self stay on Soo Ma Tai good side. :angel:
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 am

I think you're prolly safe Peregrin....I can put up with a lot of crap, but he's just gone to far.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Argyll » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

dont forget about this y'all

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2266143654&v=info&ref=ts

Foam Fighters Union

wear a belt flag, prove your not giving a **** about who you fight or where there from. we can still hook this up.
Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby Peregrine » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:25 am

not this again it must be winter. those who want to cross over do cross over. Bel and amt prove that, we go to each others events, post on each others boards, without much drama. dag fighters go to Octfest, Bel fighters go to rag. the "crusade" is all in your head.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Thengel of Muxlovia.

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

florentine
archery

Postby Slagar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am

Nothing wrong with a little grass roots activism, Peregrine. I wear an FFU flag, and I encourage other people to do so. A quiet, polite, visible reminder that we don't support the split. Better than trolling their boards, and acting like chumps, but still visible.
Numenorean expatriate
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Peregrine » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 am

true, I for one like the idea that we are our own sport. I am ok with going to each others event but I like being Belegarth.

Thengel of Muxlovia.

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

florentine
archery

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:15 pm

And I like getting to play a different game.

Not better, just different.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby bo1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 pm

i like to play all fighting games. i was just at a local dag event, had fun. i see no reason to not play a weapon combat game, as long as i can see the fun in it, i will play
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

PreviousNext

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports