Dagorhir's Ragnarok XXV June 13-20, 2010: new site and dates

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Dagorhir's Ragnarok XXV June 13-20, 2010: new site and dates

Postby Kyrax » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:19 am

Excerpt from the official announcement (http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=16385.0)

"Ragnarok will be held at Cooper's Lake Campground in Slippery Rock, PA, [the site of the SCA's Pennsic Wars] the week of June 13th-20th, 2010. The campground will be closed to mundanes for this week, giving us prime camping space, which should allow for 50-75% of camps to have access to power hookups, and 100% of camps to have running water. There will not be a noise restriction. It looks like the price increase will be minimal, hopefully only a $10 increase [to around $55 for the week], with a possible discount for pre-registration. Final prices will be announced soon, and pre-reg will be open by December 1st. Merchant pre-registration information will be posted within the next month."

“As mentioned before, Cooper's Lake does not allow pets at this event, and minors are only allowed if their parent or permanent legal guardian is on site. …“

“We have separate, easily accessible fields for day battles (with the permanent castle, of course) night battles (with two light towers this year) and woods battles. The walk from the furthest away campsite to the castle at the back of the battlefield will be 1/2 mile (same distance as black company to troll at the previous site), but if that is too much for you, there will be shuttles available from the campsites to the battlefield and back. We will have access to two permanent shower houses, total of 8-10 stalls for men and women. There are many other fantastic amenities and additions to next year's rag I will share later, as well as additional rules and regulations. I look forward to seeing all of you on the field, and off of it as well as we celebrate the silver anniversary of the end of the world.”

Ragnarok is Dagorhir's largest event, hosting 1600-1700 participants with nearly a thousand on the field the last several years. Members of Darkon, Amtgard, Belegarth and many other groups have attended for years and are welcome to join in on the fun. This coming year marks the 25th anniversary of Ragnarok, and it promises to be a lot of fun. The new location has been chosen due to the event outgrowing our long term site at Spring Valley Campground in Cambridge OH (which I highly recommend to those looking for a fairly flexible site for events ranging up to around 1000 persons).

For those interested in attending Ragnarok, there’s a wealth of information on the Dagorhir website; from the event website (http://www.dagorhir.com/ragnarok/), to a packing list (http://www.dagorhir.com/ragnarok/packinglist.html) to extensive discussions on the Dagorhir web board (http://www.dagorhir.com/dagorhir/infoboard.htm).

I look forward to seeing all of my old friends as well as many, many new ones at Ragnarok!

Sgt. Kyrax of the Guard,
Mallenorod Chapter (Bay Area and Northern California chapter)

P.S. - update: Pre-Registration is open
I am happy to announce that pre-registration for
Ragnarok XXV is now open!

http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragna ... narok.html

Pre-registration will close May 31st 2010

Smiles,
Vanisia
Last edited by Kyrax on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Re: Dagorhir's Ragnarok XXV June 13-20, 2010: new site and dates

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 pm

And if you come, I promise to be cool to you and give you as many good fights as you want. There may also be beer.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Magpie Saegar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:15 pm

As that's only 2 or 3 hours from me, I'll be there!
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Cailte McDonough » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Just about doubled the travel time for me. Ugh.
Gramps has got wheels! - Bran
ImageImage
Cailte McDonough
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby varadin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Cailte McDonough wrote:Just about doubled the travel time for me. Ugh.

and only for 5 times the space, and a battle field we wont get centered on constantly. Ill gladly travel twice as long for that. **** i travel i for anything though.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby Ryker » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Hmmmm....spend the money to go to the same site as Pennsic war and do Dagorhir...or wait till Aug and do Pennsic.....

1000 + geeks or 10,000 + geeks...hmmmm.....
Ryker, member of the Mighty Mountie Militia
Ryker
Brute
Brute

Realm: Mountie Militia
Unit: Div III

Postby Rasheab » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

:P Bah Ryker, ain't it just a days drive from our neck of the woods?
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Dedric » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 pm

And it's going to be:

More expensive than previous years.
No minors without their legal guardian (no big brother with a note).
The two MILLION dollar insurance policy required for vendors means, either ridiculous vendor rates, or no vendors (I'd just say sell under the table, but that's just me).

So (and this is totally subject to change), unless finances improve considerably, I'll really only be able to take off one full week around that time next Summer, and since I'll have to drive a few hours to Pennsic ANYWAY... Looks like I, and a couple of friends I've discussed that with, will be making our way to Armageddon, instead. Maybe some other cross-gamers will chime in and say the same, and the War Council will reconsider this nonsense.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby varadin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 pm

it going to be at most 15 dollars more most likely only 10 though. Vendors will have to pay more(they already have to though.) They already know whos vending and none of them are backing out.

I will gladly pay that amount for more space and anyone who * about 15 dollars just dont order pizza one time during the year and whamo there you go.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dane » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm

No, no. Dedric had it right.
Dedric wrote:Looks like I, and a couple of friends I've discussed that with, will be making our way to Armageddon, instead.
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

If they don't take it, then it wasn't sufficient.
Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2007
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Single Blue

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:56 am

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... e=UTF8&z=9

If $15 and THAT distance change make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to attend this event, you may want to re-evaluate some things in your life and possibly consider working a job for that week instead of attending a foam fighting dealie. I have never believed that any cost increase under $50 should keep anyone who has all the other aspects of their life in gear, from doing something they WANTED to do in the first place. If that's the deal breaker, you prooooolly didn't care THAT much in the first place... Just a thought.
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby Derian » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm

It sounds like, for Dedric at least, that this is sort of the straw that broke that camel's back sort of deal, not that a few extra hours and $15 is the sole cause.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby GvK » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Honestly, I went to Pennsic in 2004 and 2005 and had a great time. But I did not get any sleep and for me that's huge as I get older and sleep like a grumpy old man (wait, I AM a grumpy old man) :D The camp I sayed in was perhaps 200 yards from the highway and if I had a buck for everytime some phucking trucker just leaned on his horn the wholeway past the campground I could pay the extra admssion price. I, and others, were thinking willful murder by night two. D-bags!

That's why at Spring Valley I grab one of the very many close cheap hotel rooms so I can be assured of a hot shower and quiet whenever I want it. That is not going to happen at Pennsic. I think for most people, the campsite and all the room will be amazing, plus we can finally hae 800+ fighters on the field and allow flanking and tactics that make a difference.
Last edited by GvK on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GvK
GvK
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 4-1984
Realm: Dagorhir Aratari
Unit: Vardrotta
Favorite Fighting Styles: Two-handed sword (longsword)
Glaive
Archery

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm

GvK wrote:..plus we can finally have 800+ fighters on the field and allow flanking and tactics that make a difference.

I know, tactics right...? Never! I have hated all the big battles at Rag since we got more than 400 on the field... There's no room to move armies like that... This will be fun.
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Dedric, this wasn't DBGA's idea.

It was my idea.

I pushed this ahead because Ragnarok outgrew the Spring Valley site about 4 years ago. Ever since then, it has become increasingly cramped, wet, uncomfortable, and generally so unpleasant that I would not go to another Ragnarok at Spring Valley. And I knew that many others felt the same way.

$10 to $15 more in the event fee is a pittance. As Varadin said, that's one pizza. It's also about two hours of work at minimum wage. And you live so close to the new site that you'll probably use half a tank of gas at most to get there and back. Moreover, nothing else about this event is more expensive--it's not as though you have to pay $15 more to buy food for the week, or $15 more to make extra garb, or $15 more to fix your weapons.

I and everyone else (i.e. Bishop of the Dragoons) involved in running the fighting events will be working as hard as we can to make it an intense, fun event. There will be a separate night fighting field with two high-powered lighting towers, and there will also be NO curfew AT ALL because there will be no mundanes anywhere on the site, which means that this Ragnarok has the potential to be the most fighting-intense foam sword dork battle ever.
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby varadin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

im rather upset that i cant stay up all night fighting and sleep through check like most people. Why do i have to care about people actually making safe weapons.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Arrakis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Varadin: I'm sure I can think of a few units that could supply you with "stay-up-the-whole-event" uh... herbal remedies.

This year's Rag seems to have the potential to not suck. Fascinating.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Peregrine » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 am

I don't think people are saying 15 bucks I quit. I think its more like should I do Arm or Rag. when it was in ohio and around the same price some may have given Rag the edge. move it farther add a few bucks the scale tips torward Arm.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby GvK » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 am

In life there are always situations where a few $ or hours more (or the reverse) to get there might change the balance of the "event equation." For the RWC, since we've long-outgrown the otherwise fine Spring Valley site, and since a deliberate, focused search for a better site in Ohio came to naught, the Coopers Lake site rose to the top.

Is is farther away to the East? Yes. Is it a bit more expensive? Yes. We will have the massive place to ourselves at a place that is used to running medieval events that are 5-10X bigger? Yes. Are there more restrictions? Yes. There are also less restrictions in many ways. Will have have a permanenr castle and massive field that can accomodate thousands of fighters? Yes.

Everyone makes up their own mind. Sure, Rag will probably "lose" a few score fighters that don't want to travel 2 more hours or pay a bit more. On the massive plus side, we'll have a site that we pretty much cannot outgrow and if the RWC does a good job planning and running the event, it could become quite epic for foamswinging dorks like us.
GvK
GvK
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 4-1984
Realm: Dagorhir Aratari
Unit: Vardrotta
Favorite Fighting Styles: Two-handed sword (longsword)
Glaive
Archery

Postby Peregrine » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:34 am

you will probably replace the lost fighters, with some who did not want to make the trip to Ohio, or had quit going because of cramped condition, you probably made the best decision for your event. Good luck I hope it is a great event.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Solusar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am

In all honesty we had plenty of room for camping and staying dry on Militia Hill. I guess we'll have to build a new one. Meh
If you guys don't want to drive the extra two hours east to crossgame, try hitting up more midwest events. Gates of Summer is the first Dag or Bel event of the year and it rules.
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Arrakis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:00 am

Solusar wrote:In all honesty we had plenty of room for camping and staying dry on Militia Hill. I guess we'll have to build a new one. Meh
If you guys don't want to drive the extra two hours east to crossgame, try hitting up more midwest events. Gates of Summer is the first Dag or Bel event of the year and it rules.

Before Wolfpack Opener?
Arrakis

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Solusar wrote:In all honesty we had plenty of room for camping and staying dry on Militia Hill. I guess we'll have to build a new one. Meh

There's a hill at the new site, too.

Or, you could found Militia Lake...
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:

This has the potential to be horrible or awesome.
-Ilariia Bulochnika, Esquire.
Viking Buddy
Food Craftsman
Kensman

The hero Belegarth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Viking *.
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Arrakis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Ilariia Bulochnika wrote:
MagnusofDregoth wrote:

This has the potential to be both horrible and awesome.

FTFY. Who's volunteering for Rag Security: Lifeguard division?
Arrakis

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 am

Arrakis wrote: Who's volunteering for Rag Security: Lifeguard division?

Life guarding Militia Lake? **** no, not me!!! lol

On a related note, I ran Security at Rag last year, and my biggest problem was the noise complaints form the permanent campers and the farms next door. Guess what, at the new site, drum all night to your heart's content!!!!!! I know everyone thought I was a total NAZI douche for killing the drums at midnight every night, but it was from the camp ownership, not me... What's also cool, is I will only be at Rag for half the week, and I will do next to nothing of any responsibility!!! My 30th birthday will be Thursday night at Rag, and it will be my 10th Rag in a row, so Militia Lake can be other people's problem!!! WOOOOOOT!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Derian » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Solusar wrote: If you guys don't want to drive the extra two hours east to crossgame, try hitting up more midwest events. Gates of Summer is the first Dag or Bel event of the year and it rules.

Not to derail too much, but I had a good time at Mudgates last spring. Different fighting for sure, but fun all the same.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Solusar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:39 pm

I did get a little hasty in my last post. Gates of Summer isn't really the first time you can fight during the year, as WPO is in February, but it's one of the first events of the year, and it's in the midwest. The Olympics are in Indiana and they're within two weeks of Gates. So you can get some tourney fighting in at the O's (Galin, Kenneth, P the Q and Xiao ruled this year's) and then do field battles at Gates.
We've discussed camping by a lake, and we all hate mosquitoes and being flooded so we're opting for the high ground.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Wisp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

Sol Invictus will be attending both Olympics and Gates of Summer next year for sure on the Dag side.

Rag is out as this year is likely a Pennsic year.

Arm and Oktoberfest is on the Bel line up

And of course Lord of War II.

Will
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Sol Invictus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Small Punch, 32" Blue

Postby Athron » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Solusar wrote:I did get a little hasty in my last post. Gates of Summer isn't really the first time you can fight during the year, as WPO is in February, but it's one of the first events of the year, and it's in the midwest. The Olympics are in Indiana and they're within two weeks of Gates. So you can get some tourney fighting in at the O's (Galin, Kenneth, P the Q and Xiao ruled this year's) and then do field battles at Gates.

... and Ides of March is in Georgia, during (cleverly) the weekend closest to Ides of March. 190 peeps last year, anticipating 250 to 300 this year. There is actually a big event in the south, hot *!
Fun fact: Being a D*** doesn't make you throw a better wrap shot.
Athron
Monkey
Monkey

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Wisp wrote:Sol Invictus will be attending both Olympics and Gates of Summer next year for sure on the Dag side.

Will

Hey, just show up at Rag and stick around for a month afterwards until Pennsic starts!
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Dane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:04 pm

There is actually a big event in the south, hot *!

Yup, it's called Beltaine. You should go!
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Dane, this is for OTHER medieval recreation sports. Silly.
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Solusar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 am

Wisp wrote:Sol Invictus will be attending both Olympics and Gates of Summer next year for sure on the Dag side.

Will

I'll be super stoked to see you guys!
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

Solusar wrote: I'll be super stoked to see you guys!

But not meeeee?!?!?!?!?!?! *!

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Tannhäuser » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:19 am

Final prices are posted:

$50 pre-reg (pre-reg opens Dec 1st)
$55 if you wait until on-site

That's only a $5 increase over last year if you pre-reg.

I hope we get as many fighters on the field as possible - I'm doing my best to make this not suck, there's an awesome team working on every aspect of the event.
Tannhäuser
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 14 Oct 1996
Realm: Einherjar

Postby Solusar » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 am

Does that mean you're coming to the midwest to visit Thrush?
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Dane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Magnus wrote:Dane, this is for OTHER medieval recreation sports. Silly.

Hehehehe.

Come west again soon.

Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:18 am

"There are many other fantastic amenities and additions to next year's rag I will share later, as well as additional rules and regulations."

Any idea what these new rules and regs are? I am sure that will also have something to do with people wanting to come.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Alric » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Basically, what I've heard of them involves not running wild in parts of the campground we aren't camping in, not messing with the Cooper's expensive equipment, not swimming in the lake (but you can swim in the stream, because it's technically state-owned and thus the Coopers aren't liable if you get hurt), etc. Security is going to be strict about people going places they aren't supposed to be (they'll be clearly defined), but otherwise it's going to be a good time. Unlike last year, we won't have to worry about upsetting the mundanes by drumming all night, because we'll have the campground to ourselves.
Alric
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 13 Oct 2005
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Shield, Archery, Javelin

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks Alric, that sounds pretty straight forward. I know I wont be there, but I am sure this will help those who want to go.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Dedric » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:25 pm

After reading Magnus's and other posts, and now seeing the not terribly ridiculous pricing (plus the inclusion of merchants), I've decided to go after all. So, maybe this year I can actually make it to Armageddon AND Ragnarok, I don't want to miss either.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Solusar wrote:Does that mean you're coming to the midwest to visit Thrush?

*sigh* no. Tryin' to buy a house next fall, travel for foam fighting is not on my radar right now... Hope to make at least half of Rag this year though!

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Kyrax » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:23 pm

The Ragnarok XXV website is up:
Ragnarok XXV

Pre-registration is not yet open, but should be soon (Tannheuser promised).

Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Man, it figures I would move to within an hour or so of Spring Valley and then Rag would up and freaking move. They must really not want me there (which is pretty understandable).
His Grace Sir Zwei ap Owen Liberator Domus Wyndhavinis
Arch Episcopus Venedotiae Dei Gratia
Dominus Meridiani Marchium
Miles Ordinis S. Mycaelis et S. Gorgii
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Realm: Gwynedd
Favorite Fighting Styles: Excommunication

Postby Kyrax » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:48 am

Zwei ap Owen wrote:Man, it figures I would move to within an hour or so of Spring Valley and then Rag would up and freaking move. They must really not want me there (which is pretty understandable).

What is that whining sound I hear? Is Zwei crying over having a 2 hour drive to Ragnarok? Really?

Here, let me get you a nipple for that beer... :roll:

Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 pm

Kyrax wrote:
Zwei ap Owen wrote:Man, it figures I would move to within an hour or so of Spring Valley and then Rag would up and freaking move. They must really not want me there (which is pretty understandable).

What is that whining sound I hear? Is Zwei crying over having a 2 hour drive to Ragnarok? Really?

Here, let me get you a nipple for that beer... :roll:

Yes on all accounts.
His Grace Sir Zwei ap Owen Liberator Domus Wyndhavinis
Arch Episcopus Venedotiae Dei Gratia
Dominus Meridiani Marchium
Miles Ordinis S. Mycaelis et S. Gorgii
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Realm: Gwynedd
Favorite Fighting Styles: Excommunication

Postby Kyrax » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm

And an Update:

I am happy to announce that pre-registration for
Ragnarok XXV is now open!

http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragna ... narok.html

Pre-registration will close May 31st 2010

Smiles,
Vanisia

Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Satanaka » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 am

looks like the new site serves a lot of good purposes. :devil:
Last edited by Satanaka on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 12 May 1992
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Right side of the Sword

Postby Lady Jade » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 am

Satanaka wrote:looks like the new site serves a lot of god purposes. :devil:

Holy crap! Old man river, himself! No chance you'd be coming to Rag this year Saki, is there?
Jade
Have fun, kill lots!

Unsure if you've met me?
Use the way back time machine and check out
http://www.gametraderonline.com
April 13, 2004 version (I think it's this one, if not it's one of the ones around this one) it takes FOREVER to load
Yup, that's me.
Lady Jade
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports