Amtgard- Spring War 2010

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Amtgard- Spring War 2010

Postby Bromhir » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm

That's right folks, it's getting close to that time of year again........SPRING WAR!

The theme of Spring War this year is "Spring War All-Stars", a Porthos/Sponge production

A five army affair, that consists of four days of martial combat to determine who will be the All-Stars of Spring War!
Teams will be determine by the belt favor that you receive at gate upon entry to the event.

"So really, what should we expect for battlegames?"

Sponge has heard the pleas of the masses and this is what he has in store........

15 Battlegames ( 9 Openfield, 3 Maze & 3 Castle), a multitude of fighting tourneys and of course the ever so popular Spring War Ditch field!

"Wow....sounds interesting, but I will have my kids with me."

No worries there, Porthos has foreseen this and answers with 3 Kid events from Thur-Sat!
So during the day, you will be able to partake the pleasures of this loaded event.

"Cool, but what if I am not about fighting in general, what do you have for me?"

Apparently this is your first Spring War, because we are the home of Event Shenanigans!

Bardics have made it on the schedule not once but three times, that's right folks it's scheduled.

Not only that we will be holding our first annual brew off! Home brewers, bring your best and leave the victor!

The Roasting of Arthon of the Golden City! (To be hosted by Luke Wyngarde)

and of course the ever so popular and heavily attended party at Spring War, FT's Margarita Party!

That's right folks, FT has returned to be your mix master for Saturday night and remeber you must be 21 or older to partake of the free margaritas!

"That sounds great and all, but what will there be to eat?"

Well since most of you will be travelling many miles to make it to Spring War 2010, food and drink are major concern.

Colonel's Snack Shop returns to serve the SW populace with a night time twist, Cosplay Cafe! Dinner served by random Cosplay Servers.

Friday Night at Midnight, the CK will be supplying the chips and cheese for Nachos for all attending.

Feast itself will be one for the books for everyone that comes from beyond the borders of Texas.
Texas Traditional Smoke Brisket, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Oat Rolls, Steamed Veggies and Salad.

So in short....come and experience the 2nd Oldest Interkingdom Event of Amtgard, this March 17-21, 2010!
Bromhir
Bromhir
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 31 Oct 1993
Unit: Tiger Clan
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florintine Short Sword, Short Sword & Shield

Re: Amtgard- Spring War 2010

Postby Bromhir » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:55 pm

From the mouth of Sponge.......

This is a Porthos production. i'm running the battle games and only the battle games.

Break down of the planned battle games:
There will be five (5) teams competing for points through out the event. The team at the end of the final game on Saturday with the most points will be the winners of Spring War. When you come through gate you will be assigned a belt favor that will designate what team you are on. These belt favors can be traded once on site for another belt favor from another player. You will not be able to trade them at gate for another favor, once gate assigns you a team the only valid method of getting a new one is through trade. If you're caught stealing other people's favors or bullying people for their favors, you get to quit participating in Spring War for your efforts.

We will be running a lot of battle games through out the event which will feature 2 to 3 teams competing against each other at a time with the winning team gaining points to put towards their total. Teams that are not in the battle game can "mercenary" out to the teams that are playing if they so desire. There will be castle battles, maze battles and open field battles in a variety of game styles. There will be at least 3 battle games a day starting Wednesday.

The main battle on Saturday will have all teams on the field at once.
It will consist of each team trying to hold any of their three flags in an opposing team's area to score points. There will be a three minute respawn rate in which all dead members of a team, in the spawn area, will spawn at their spawn point. There will be an endless number of lives for each team. After 120 minutes the team with the most cumulative points for the event will be the winner of Spring War.

Weapons check:
The goal is to do a weapons check before every game, armor will be done once, stickered and be good for the day. This will be done as efficiently as possible, but please remember to make time for this when you show up to battle game.

Schedule:
The goal is to have everything run on time. We will have a multitude of white boards in varying locations throughout the event with the daily schedule marked on each one. If there are schedule changes, they will be noted on these boards with the new information.

Volunteering:
As always, anyone willing to reeve, check gear, help set up, help take things down, make sure we have water or to do the electric bogaloo on command is encouraged to do so. If you play in a battle game, please consider helping out if you're having fun. If we get enough volunteers, things should run smoothly.

Golden City AllStars - Lucky #13
Bromhir
Recruit
Recruit

Postby bangor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am

Hey Belagrims out there,

Forget what you've heard about the 'pansy' game of Amtgard at Spring War. If you come to this, you will need to bring your game face, because the fighting is just as hot and heavy as anything you'll experience in Bel (minus the shield bashin' part, that is). Hell, word on the street is we might even have some MCR tournaments, which is effectively Belegarth without headshots.

Come give Texas Amtgard a try this year if you got a chance to make it out. You won't be disappointed.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby p_quick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am

i'll be there bangor.
Sir Peter the Quick

Amyr
p_quick
Gladiator
Gladiator

Unit: Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single, two sword

Postby bangor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 am

Will you bring your mustache, rogue?
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Slagar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:18 pm

I am intensely jealous, and want to be there. For the record. That's exam season for me, though. Stupid school.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby p_quick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

well, bangor i'll see what i can do about that mustache
Sir Peter the Quick

Amyr
p_quick
Gladiator
Gladiator

Unit: Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single, two sword

Postby Derian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Probably one of the best parts about moving to Texas.

Plan right now is for me to be in/around San Antonio within a month or two, which should hopefully allow me to attend for at least a day. I'm excited to check it out.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Loptr » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Sprang War is full of **** awesome!

I couldnt give two **** for battle games but the ditching is off da hook.

L
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Bromhir » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey Loptr,
You guys there in DW have a forum or something to post this info?
Bromhir
Bromhir
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Loptr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:12 am

Bromhir wrote:Hey Loptr,
You guys there in DW have a forum or something to post this info?

Yes we have a forum in DW in the YGroups. I post this stuff from time to time. Getting them co commit to SKBC which is in CA and close to us (this year) is hard. Getting them to travle to Tejas is nigh impossible. My wife and I are the only ones that hit SW & WBW with anything resembling regularity. >:(
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Bromhir » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Well that sucks for them, missing a great experience in the foam fighting community.

Thanks for crosspostin though, See ya at SW!
Bromhir
Bromhir
Recruit
Recruit

Postby p_quick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 pm

bought the tickets, i'm going
Sir Peter the Quick

Amyr