New to Portland area

Questions and Answers

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New to Portland area

Postby AmtAlexi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

So I have been told that the Bel group in Portland meets at LaurelHurst Park. Is anyone planning on going out this weekend? I am going to start doing a bit of cross gaming, I play Amtgard at the moment. I wanna learn what bel is all about before I make my first event at Western Wars.
AmtAlexi
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Blue/green and Board

Re: New to Portland area

Postby Saxon » Mon May 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Yes there are realms in the Portland area. If you came to PacWar last year you might have met us=P

There are two realms, one affiliated with PSU that fights Saturday in the Park blocks. The other is not affiliated with the school, and we fight Sunday at Laurelhurst. We were out there this weekend, although I myself was not. There is also a realm in Sandy, so if you are living way out on the eastside, they might be closer. They also fight Saturdays I believe.

We will not be out there this coming weekend as there is an event in Ashland. If you have any interest in going to that, let me know. Otherwise, we will probably be out the following weekend, and the weekend after that is WW.

Go to your use profile and find the section for joining usergroups and request to join the Cronus forum if you have not already. This is probably the best place for up to date info on whether we are fighting or not on a given weekend.

Welcome aboard.

Saxon
Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, * - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.
Saxon
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 May 2004
Realm: Whatever Portland is called this year
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board or beer and drum.

Postby AmtAlexi » Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 am

Yes I was at Pac war, I was the healer that gave the Bel girl Pro mag and sent her to go reek havoc on the Annhilius Line. I did not make Laurelhurst this last weekend as RL came up and bit me in the *. I will try to make it the weekend before WW though, since no one will be out sunday. Unless the group that meets sat will be there on sat.
AmtAlexi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Saxon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I doubt that they will be out on Saturday either. The event in Ashland is primarily a big college competition for the Oregon schools, so most of the PSU guys will go.

I don't speak amt, so I don't know what pro mag is, but cool!, that was Etain.

I will not be out that weekend before WW, but someone should be. Like I said, just get on that Cronus forum and speak up, someone will let you know if they are going to be there.
Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, * - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.
Saxon
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 May 2004
Realm: Whatever Portland is called this year
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board or beer and drum.

Postby AmtAlexi » Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Pro mag= Protection from Magic.

And thanks will do now.
AmtAlexi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Thumbs » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:46 pm

I don't know about any official groups, but I know there's an unofficial group at Reed College that meets up. they fight by basic Dag/Bel rules but they're not affiliated to any group.
Flit Featherfinger runs it. but i don't think they even use game names or garb. they just play the game itself
Do good recklessly
Thumbs
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: stygia
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, spear
Pronouns: He/Him

Return to New Members