Ragnarok Weapons Check...(please read for important info)

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Ragnarok Weapons Check...(please read for important info)

Postby Magpie Saegar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 am

Dedric wrote:So tell us. HOW do we "take control" of Dag? HOW do we make Dag a more cross-gaming-friendly organization?

Be vocal. (The key to an effective relationship is communication).

Don't give up.

Don't write apologies of why things are this way unless you believe they should be this way. Call **** what it is.

Crossgame to the extent possible. When you can't, encourage it. (Also, fight against * rules which, among other things, deter crossgaming and are taken as a slight by a significant group of people, even if not intended that way).

Use what's good (vendors, the bel wiki, tutorials, etc) from BOTH sports on local pages.

To the extent possible without breaking your Dag contract, let your local group play both games.

----

And probably some other stuff that people smarter than me will suggest.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Forkbeard » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 am

My sugestion is to be what you already are. Cross-gamers
Every Dag player on this board is, by your presence here and freindship with Bel players, a cross gamer. If you attend Bel events and Bel practices, ever, you're a cross gamer.
Same with any of you Bel players, if you've ever been to Dag ****, you're a bloody cross-gamer, too.
We all profess to care about each other, **** act like it.
Arrakis, stop being a **** douchnozzle. You over-reacting. It easy, I don't it, too. The rest of you Bel-nobs, Same thing.
If we stop being * about this, It WILL help.
You can and should still be * about the issues involved, but lets stop trying to be toughdorks about it and and just be political. You can argue civily. Nothing piises off people who are wrong more than when you treat them civily and still disagree with them.
All of you Dag people really need to stop aplogizing for the **** heads in charge. They are wrong, we all know it. You admit it and then say, "But sorry, buddy, Thats the way it is." Yeah yeah yeah. We know, it's "out of your hands".
We all know that already, it's irritaing to hear it over and over.
I think I speak for the majority Belegarth when I say that if the adminstration of our group started keeping you guys out, we would all imediatly subvert them in every way possible. We would do so until they either relented or kicked us all out. Then we would show up at practices and events anyway. Until they called the cops on us for wanting to play swords with them.

FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm

This is what I get for showing up late. I read all of the first page, skipped the next 3 pages and I am going straight to posting.

Those at Okfest 09 probably saw my PD shield, PD red, and the PD dagger.
The shield had a wood core, 3 layers of blue on front, 3 layers of blue and half a pool noodle around and was completely covered in PD. The shield passed and I edged people without a problem because it was build to edge. It only split a tiny part of the PD on the edge after it meet against the edge of some metal armor. but it looks like a piece of sunburn skin about to fall off and the foam is fine. Still haven't repaired that tiny skin flap, and the shield is still in one piece.
The Red sword had cloth on striking edge and PD sides with a PD cross guard. It took 5 weapon checkers to pass it. Why 5? Because of confusion. Yes, I secretly brought that weapon to mess with the weapons checkers to see how they would judge it. It passed the hit test, nothing broken on the weapon, it passed like a normal red, and the only confusion was the non striking surfaces being PD.
Ask those guys what they thought about the Red and shield. I want to hear what they didnt like about it.
The PD dagger was cloth on the stabbing and the rest was PD. It looked like a handguard with a stabbing tip.

I am going to Rag, I am taking the PD junk I have made. I am going to War Council and I am going to tell them the good and bad that I have discovered with PD.
-It makes things looks nice
-it makes covering weird shaped weapons easier
-should not be on anything that is striking or stabbing
-should not be used on open cell foam because it soaks up a lot and turns it very abrasive like asphalt
-should not be used on armor. I expect someone to make foam armor with PD. Give me the right spray paint, I can make it look like metal or leather armor
-You can see it sooner when a weapon's tip bursts.

I am taking a cloth cover for my PD shield for Rag so that I can use it, then I can slip it off and show it for war council.
PD is not bad, but there should be a long lost of DON'T if they allow the use of it.

The club/round sword thing is mostly because of the minimum width to a 2 sided sword is only diminished when it is a 1 sided sword. Less striking surface got less width, and that is understandable. Why should a club be able to be less when minimum sword is 3 layers blue, and the club can get away with 2.5 to 3 layers on a thin core. The hit test was not the problem, Freewynd getting blind in one eye because of a speed bat was to point out one of the problems.
For safety, I agree with this.

Now I go read the last 3 pages
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Now that I read the rest... I think I saw this thread before... somewhere... but there was about 10% new information that was actually helpful.
I am a cross fighter, I dont care, nor should anybody else as long as I fight in that event with their rules. Let Dag and Bele part like the donated organs of a dead person. Let them never meet again.
Game A and Game 0 should not follow/mirror each other.
Quit your complaining about the people and the rules and the other **** about another game if you are not going to attend it.
It is like me and golf. I like Putt Putt, but the game of golf is lame to me. When I am driving by a golf course and I see all the old people wearing the PANTS.... I ask myself if they are mandatory and if they players know that they are wearing that. Give me a putter at a mini golf course with a hill and a windmill any day, but there is no reason for me to follow what Golf has to do with any of it. I dont even know what a birdy is. Hole in one or hit is a dozen times. That is all I know. Tiger Woods is like any other married guy that works away from home.

If you are not going to play a game, and you dont want to follow the rules of that game because you dont like it, you shouldn't complain about it, because you are not part of it.
This is a general call out to shut the hell up.

Let Belegarth be itself, and not the deformed conjoined twin that still tries to share a liver.
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby Arrakis » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Belegarth and Dagorhir DEFINITELY need two livers.

At least.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 am

Arrakis wrote:Belegarth and Dagorhir DEFINITELY need two livers.

A Piece.

FTFY
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Athron wrote:But as much as I disagree with it, I must say that the 3" club rule had nothing to do with "giving the middle finger" to cross-gamers. Really. Nothing at all.

Something I think a lot of people defending the decision are missing is this: It's not just a rules change that would stop someone from going to Rag, it's the fact that as soon as that happened all their gear went from passing to FAILED. It means they have to make all new gear. Even for guys that already had gear specifically for Dag and Bel. And it's not even like their making sticks they'll use all the time, they have to make sticks they'll use for a single event.

As for getting to use your gear, I'm sure the offer is appreciated, but your gear is NOT their gear. It's probably weighted differently, has a different handle, and probably a different pommel than anything I use, and I'm still a Bel fighter, imagine how much worse it would be for a fighter that doesn't use similar gear?
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Forkbeard » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:58 am

Sorry I was defending these *. I just learned about this Noticable Force crap. Things in Dag have moved beyond my ability to help them. They have changed into aq lame and not so interesting version of Amtgard. **** them . Do Not go to Dag Practices or events. They will not change back to a sufficent force rule unless everyone who enjoys real combat abbandons them.
EMBARGO ON!!!
I have started a new thread to talk about this, so go threre to discuss it. I don't want to derail this thread, it's about weapons. I just wanted to officaly remove my previously vehement support from these tools.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 am

I am going to find a way to get to an event Forkbeard is at, then give him the giant hug he deserves for those last posts.

Blackhawk
FB's newest fanboy!

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby Arrakis » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

Forkbeard wrote:Sorry I was defending these *. I just learned about this Noticable Force crap. Things in Dag have moved beyond my ability to help them. They have changed into aq lame and not so interesting version of Amtgard. **** them . Do Not go to Dag Practices or events. They will not change back to a sufficent force rule unless everyone who enjoys real combat abbandons them.
EMBARGO ON!!!
I have started a new thread to talk about this, so go threre to discuss it. I don't want to derail this thread, it's about weapons. I just wanted to officaly remove my previously vehement support from these tools.
FB

Aaaaaaannnnd all is right with the world once more.

BH: Come to Chaos Wars. :devil:
Last edited by Arrakis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrakis

Postby Kyrax » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 am

Blackhawk wrote:I am going to find a way to get to an event Forkbeard is at, then give him the giant hug he deserves for those last posts.

Blackhawk
FB's newest fanboy!

BlackHawk - come to Chaos Wars 7/26 - 8/1 (?). I'll drive up and bring my big tent, you can have the East Wing. We can talk about it at Ragnarok. I'll be there all week.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby xiao » Thu May 06, 2010 12:33 am

i figured it out..the problem with the thing....

don't go to rag to fight...

go to rag to PARTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xiao
SLAYER

Postby varadin » Thu May 06, 2010 7:50 am

xiao wrote:i figured it out..the problem with the thing....

don't go to rag to fight...

go to rag to PARTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Sat May 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey, everyone (especially Will), what would the fighting at Ragnarok XXV have to be like to make you want to come?

The reason I ask is that I am the one running the battles and tournaments this years, and directing the heralds.

Anything I can do to make you feel welcome, I intend to do.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Arrakis » Sat May 08, 2010 2:50 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:Hey, everyone (especially Will), what would the fighting at Ragnarok XXV have to be like to make you want to come?

The reason I ask is that I am the one running the battles and tournaments this years, and directing the heralds.

*applauds*
Arrakis

Postby Tannhäuser » Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 am

As promised, here's the fruits of the conversation about clubs:

I've received numerous emails regarding how clubs will be handled at Ragnarok. There were many misunderstanding and hurt feelings due to this. I just wanted to offer some clarification on clubs that I hope will clear things up.

1) No weapon can pass more than .5" through a 2.5" diameter hold. This is for eye socket protection, and will be true no matter what. In other words, a 2.5" diameter round weapon will never pass.

2) All weapons need to be able to be SAFELY swung by the biggest person on the field without injuring the smallest person on the field. I'm not talking about cranking back for big hits, I'm talking about your average swing. 2 layers of blue camping foam over a .5" PVC pipe probably will not pass, no matter what the measurements may be.

3) We're measuring weapons with a tape measure or with template blocks, NOT with calipers. A little bit of rounding in measurements can be involved. Laithe himself passed some 2.8" clubs at Olympics.

We have places for perfectionists and lawyers in weapons check - they make great backs to hit.
Tannhäuser
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 14 Oct 1996
Realm: Einherjar

Postby Slagar » Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 am

I will say that my WLS stick and my edhellen fiberglass hate-bat made it through Olympics weapons check both days without a second look. If it's the same guy following the same rules as for Rag, then that's promising.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby varadin » Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 am

Slagar wrote:I will say that my WLS stick and my edhellen fiberglass hate-bat made it through Olympics weapons check both days without a second look. If it's the same guy following the same rules as for Rag, then that's promising.

I know laithe was at Olympics not sure if he was checking i was too busy getting rained on. I know Zaron was head weapons checker at that event though and he normally could care less if you are hitting him with a 2x4
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Arrakis » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 am

Tannhäuser wrote:1) No weapon can pass more than .5" through a 2.5" diameter hold. This is for eye socket protection, and will be true no matter what. In other words, a 2.5" diameter round weapon will never pass.

Is this seriously going to be enforced this year? Or is "Well, the tip of this weapon, when I lower the template gently onto it at exactly 90* to the core, doesn't pass through the template"? Because I've never seen a Dag check run that the way you seem to be indicating.

Also, Belegrim attending Ragnarok: Go ahead and build some retardofat swords for their check; 3" wide blades with semicircular tips will fail hard if they're using this standard Tannhauser is discussing.
Arrakis

Postby Tannhäuser » Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 am

Slagar wrote:I will say that my WLS stick and my edhellen fiberglass hate-bat made it through Olympics weapons check both days without a second look. If it's the same guy following the same rules as for Rag, then that's promising.

Sorry, I was misinformed (edited to remove a false statement that Laithe was in charge of weapons check. I took something in a conversation with Zaron the wrong way.) I stand by the fact that Laithe really isn't that unreasonable of a guy! I was told that two speedbats were brought to him during a meeting at the pavilion, one passed, one didn't but both were under 3" - can someone elaborate?
Last edited by Tannhäuser on Wed May 12, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tannhäuser
Recruit
Recruit

Postby varadin » Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Tannhäuser wrote:

Yes, Laithe was the one in charge of checking weapons at Olympics - Zaron was the event coordinator. Laithe really isn't that unreasonable of a guy!

Sorry but Zaron himself just told me he ran weapons check except for missiles. Laithe will fail a warlord sports stick to my understanding as they are only 2.6 across. Same with an edhellen bat. Safe weapons being failed
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blackhawk » Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Tannhäuser wrote:

Yes, Laithe was the one in charge of checking weapons at Olympics - Zaron was the event coordinator. Laithe really isn't that unreasonable of a guy!

Laithe was in no way shape or form, involved in Olympics weapons check.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wisp » Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:Hey, everyone (especially Will), what would the fighting at Ragnarok XXV have to be like to make you want to come?

Tactical battles making full use of all available terrain. With the numbers Rag could pull, going for large scale battle-games where generals have to consider units, positioning, etc at least in a very basic sense would be a great start. I would likely try to attend for something like that. Everything else is pretty much available at any event regardless of group affiliation.

The massive numbers in the sardine can sized field of Rag's past really don't do much for me other that the initial fun of going, hey, there are 1,000 fighters on the field! Awesome! With area available like at the Pennsic site, you guys should have plenty of room to do a whole lot of cool stuff with it.

I really enjoy scenario battles like the city battle a couple of years ago, the portal battle was also fun. Mass battle games like that make up for a lot so I really wouldn't be going there focused on the "fighting". I'd be going for the overall WAR! I especially enjoy competitive scenarios with team based play.

As it stands now, I still won't be attending Rag. I had scheduled our vacation time to hit Rag. The girlfriend's mother lives over that way and it worked out well that while she was off visiting her family, I could be off hitting Rag. With the ass-hat rule on round sticks, I pretty much wrote off that event and so I've rescheduled things to hit Bridge Wars in Indiana in June, and Clan in New Mexico in July. I might try again next year depending on what develops out of Dag-land over the next year. There is still a lot of Dag in my area and a tremendous amount of Bel as well. I've got a pretty good finger on the pulse of both games and I got a "you're un-banned" email from Lycos so I can at least read the forums now.

Good luck with it Magnus. Hope things go well for ya!

Will
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Sol Invictus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Small Punch, 32" Blue

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 am

Blackhawk wrote:
Tannhäuser wrote:

This. Nictmar & Oof were event coordinators, Zaron was in charge of weapons check. Laithe was busy eating pancakes and bacon at this time.
-Ilariia Bulochnika, Esquire.
Viking Buddy
Food Craftsman
Kensman

The hero Belegarth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Viking *.
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Tannhäuser » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 am

Ilariia Bulochnika wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
Tannhäuser wrote:

This. Nictmar & Oof were event coordinators, Zaron was in charge of weapons check. Laithe was busy eating pancakes and bacon at this time.

Sorry, I wasn't there, and I took some information from Zaron the wrong way. My apologies for spreading falsehoods - not my intention!
Tannhäuser
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Forkbeard » Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 am

Tactical battles making full use of all available terrain. With the numbers Rag could pull, going for large scale battle-games where generals have to consider units, positioning, etc at least in a very basic sense would be a great start. I would likely try to attend for something like that. Everything else is pretty much available at any event regardless of group affiliation.

Wisp is exactly right. Large scale tactical battles are where it's at. We all go to wars all the time for simple fighting. When you have an awesome site like the Pensic site and over 1000 people, you need to have major scenario battles that take adavntage of the different kind of fighting those things allow.
I would try to come next year if you could do this. I have alot of family in the immediate area and could easily come out there.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kyrax » Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 am

Speaking of terrain - woods battles. For real. One of the few times I fought at Pennsic was in the woods there, and that was so, so much fun. Well, that and the SCA folks aren't really good at anything that limits their movement, visibility, etc. Not all of them, but enough to make it a Dag/Bel fighter's dream.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Wed May 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Wisp wrote:

Tactical battles making full use of all available terrain...
Will

Ah, okay, so, exactly what I have designed, then.
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Roland Demox » Thu May 13, 2010 2:10 am

Fergus was helping with check at Olympics, along with 2 guys I didnt recognize. Slagar im sorry but I honestly dont remember who checked your weapons. I could be wrong but Fergus might be running check at Rag like he did last year.
Brother of the Falcon
Squire to Sir Guts the Killa Bee
Roland Demox
the Casual

Started Fighting: 08 Feb 2008
Realm: Slums of Shaolin
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon

Postby Peregrine » Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 am

Demox,
It has already been established, Laithe is running check with a unique interpretation of the rules, which is the point of this thread.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Roland Demox » Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 am

Demox wrote:Fergus was helping with check at Olympics, along with 2 guys I didnt recognize. Slagar im sorry but I honestly dont remember who checked your weapons. I could be wrong but Fergus might be helping check weapons at Rag like he did last year.

fixed
Brother of the Falcon
Squire to Sir Guts the Killa Bee
Roland Demox
the Casual

Started Fighting: 08 Feb 2008
Realm: Slums of Shaolin
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon

Re: Ragnarok Weapons Check...(IMPORTANT UPDATE)

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Sat May 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey, here's the update from the director of Ragnarok:

No weapon can pass more than .5" through a 2.5" diameter hole. This is for eye socket protection, and will be true no matter what. In other words, a 2.5" diameter round weapon will never pass.

So, according to this, a club must be just over 2.5" in order to pass. Or, more specifically, its tip must be just over 2.5" to pass.

IN OTHER WORDS

The original post in this thread is now incorrect, and in fact, nothing has changed.
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun May 16, 2010 5:19 am

I don't see how you get that that solves the initial debate. If I understand the MoA correctly, weapons already had to do that and that's isn't the issue. The issue is you have asinine rules for swords that you don't just have for "blues" and that if some weapons checker decides for no reason other than "because I say so" that my club is a sword then so be it it is, and now the sword rule applies to my "not sword" because he says so.
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Sun May 16, 2010 7:16 am

What I am saying is, there is in fact not going to be any requirement that clubs be 3" thick. That rule will not be applied to blue weapons other than swords.

As far as I can tell, after this year's Ragnarok Dagorhir (at least) will no longer have dimensional requirements for weapons beyond length and not fitting through the 2.5" template.
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Vokor » Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 am

I love going to rag It make me think I am a much better fight that what I am. as for the rule changes that are doing...so i have to use some thing else to kill all of them...ok
do not fear my size. fear that I know how to use it.
"but be wary for I am an ancient and fat evil " Graavish
Vokor
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2004
Realm: Dur d

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon May 17, 2010 3:12 am

Vokor wrote:I love going to rag It make me think I am a much better fight that what I am. as for the rule changes that are doing...so i have to use some thing else to kill all of them...ok

No Vokor, it's "So I have to make a whole new piece of gear for this single event every year."
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby varadin » Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 am

Jimmy i have to make a new weapon for rag each year anyways, It is a 3/4th square stock fiberglass blue sword. I only use it that week each year. Makes my kitespar feel so much better when im sparring
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Forkbeard » Mon May 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Jimbo, at this point you're just whining.
If you don't want to play thier game, **** off and don't play it.
It sounds to me like the normal swords I always use will pass. My swords are like everyone elses I know, In Dag and Bel. Sounds like no problem and no making special gear to me.
I'm going to an Amtgard event on Saturday, I can't use my Javlins right, or arrows. I can't use my glaive or my red sword because they hit too hard. I don't care, I'm going anyway becuase I know there will be a pile of loaner weapons for me to break. I'm not such a * that I have to use my "special" weapon all the time. Being versatile is important to your skills, too.
Stop being such a baby. We all said we don't agree, they know.
Everyone who wants to fight anyway will work it out.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Mon May 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Forkbeard wrote:Jimbo, at this point you're just whining.
If you don't want to play thier game, **** off and don't play it.

Everyone who wants to fight anyway will work it out.

Sage.
Knight of Taurendor

MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Arrakis » Mon May 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Forkbeard wrote:I'm going to an Amtgard event on Saturday ... I can't use my glaive or my red sword because they hit too hard.

What kind of wuss-ass park is hosting the event? Even Goldenvale lets me use my minired and my evil shortglaive. They just don't like my spears, as they're only designed for stabbing.
Arrakis

Postby Crynolyn » Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm

bla bla bla, complain complain, bla bla bla, bicker bicker, complain complain.... :axed:
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Oct 1999
Realm: Geek Fight Club
Unit: Dark Angels

Postby Krix » Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Arrakis wrote:
Forkbeard wrote:I'm going to an Amtgard event on Saturday ... I can't use my glaive or my red sword because they hit too hard.

What kind of wuss-* park is hosting the event? Even Goldenvale lets me use my minired and my evil shortglaive. They just don't like my spears, as they're only designed for stabbing.

Hey man, I love your spears. Wish I could use them more often.
Krix
Recruit
Recruit

Realm: Amt-Fighter

Postby Blackhawk » Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 am

MagnusofDregoth wrote:What I am saying is, there is in fact not going to be any requirement that clubs be 3" thick. That rule will not be applied to blue weapons other than swords.

As far as I can tell, after this year's Ragnarok Dagorhir (at least) will no longer have dimensional requirements for weapons beyond length and not fitting through the 2.5" template.

Wrong. Clubs are still required to be 3".
You have read things into Tannhausers' post that are not there.
Please check with the people running things before you try to be their interpreter to other games. RWC meets on the Monday Rag starts, Laithe has agreed that if a rule governing the dimensions of clubs is adopted, he will adopt it immediately instead of waiting till next Rag. So the possibility exists, that one might be required to have a 3" club on Monday, and have the dimensions reduced for the rest of the week.

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports