Central PA Dork Battle Practice.

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Central PA Dork Battle Practice.

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:...Cansu/Kai...

Forkbeard wrote:She's ahot girl that can kick my * and I find that awesomely sexy.
She's also smart and really funny.

GvK wrote:I was thinking the same * thing...

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:Cansu will laugh hard when I tell her about this...

Canslut wrote:[Came back to open her * mouth]

God damnit, look what you've all done.
His Grace Sir Zwei ap Owen Liberator Domus Wyndhavinis
Arch Episcopus Venedotiae Dei Gratia
Dominus Meridiani Marchium
Miles Ordinis S. Mycaelis et S. Gorgii
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Realm: Gwynedd
Favorite Fighting Styles: Excommunication

Postby Cansu » Tue May 25, 2010 5:05 pm

You know, I totally don't remember you. Or wait... are you the short, kinda pudgy guy in the flannel PJs passing as garb with the Zach Galifianakis facial hair passing as period?

See how I cheated and just described half of dorking? Yeah, I don't remember you. Must've been too busy sluttin' it up.
PM me for a free copy of Satanaka's court records!

Cansu
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1996
Realm: Aratari-ish
Favorite Fighting Styles: aggressive hugging

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Oh, fine, break my heart, then. I'm sure I'm not the first nor will be the last in a long train.

That description, though, is pretty spot on for when I was 16. But now I have better garb, see.

You're probably right about the sluttin' it up part, too.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Cansu » Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm glad to hear you shaved that face muff, those things are like junk food baleen. Ugh.

When did you move to Ohio? And good lord, WHY did you move to Ohio? I love Bruce and Mer and Ire and Donal just as much as the next overly-muscled *, but that's not nearly reason enough to move to the rust belt.

Cansu
Scout
Scout

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Assuming you've got some inkling of who I am, I hate to disabuse you of any fantasies of improvement. I'm one of those unfortunate types who look 12 years old without a beard. I did learn to, like, trim it, but maybe not to the affect we all may have hoped for: after only two weeks of neglect last quarter while writing papers, one of my students commented on my resemblance to 'that guy in The Hangover.' It's ok, because I think she failed the course.

The shorter rejoinder would be to say that your mom didn't seem to mind it last night.

And man, no one really wants to move to Ohio. It's just something that sort of happens and then leaves you questioning the life choices that led you there (again, inferring sex with your mother would be appropriate). For me that was graduate school, coming up on two years ago, now. I'm an honest to God medievalist, which makes my involvement in this game a lot like that of a zoologist in the Big Foot Society.

And to continue our obnoxiously public conversation, weren't you like a **** biologist or something? How'd that go for you?
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Tor » Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 pm

...God DAMMIT I've missed you, C.
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby Cansu » Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 am

Of course I remember who you are, you're that underage guy who was quiet in person and funny on the internet and who Wart wouldn't stop asking me to sleep with.

If they offered you a teaching position in OH, that's reason enough to move, but I can't imagine anything else besides maybe the witness relocation program. "Death or Ohio?" "Crap, give me minute." I'd guess teaching positions in medieval studies are hard to come by. If you're an honest-to-God medievalist, though, why haven't you moved on to the SCA?

How did biology work out? Well, right now I'm headed in to the lab to stare at fish and scream inside my own head for the eighth in a string of twelve 16-hour workdays, so obviously I've made some questionable life choices myself. On the plus side, I also get to torture undergraduates.

Oh hey, Tor! We can have an obnoxiously public conversation, too!

Cansu
Scout
Scout

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 am

Zwei ap Owen wrote:I'm an honest to God medievalist, which makes my involvement in this game a lot like that of a zoologist in the Big Foot Society.

I just spat coffee.

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 am

Yes, Wart always did have my best interests at heart if rarely in practice. If you ever come back out to an event I'm at, I promise to be downright gregarious, having since figured out how to translate my oodles of wit and charm into real life situations. Apparently, the magic was inside me all along.

And I don't do the SCA because they try too **** hard. To continue with what I'm sure will become a tiresome analogy, there are some crypto-zoologists for whom it's just a hobby, and then there are others who go to legitimate scientific conferences with little name tags that say 'Independent Scholar', and insist to anyone who'll listen that their paper was rejected despite their incontrovertible evidence because of politics. It's mostly a bunch of people who've read a few sources uncritically claiming they know what the hell they're talking about. At least here I can just ignore the **** elves and move on.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Blackhawk » Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 am

Cansu wrote:You know, I totally don't remember you. Or wait... are you the short, kinda pudgy guy in the flannel PJs passing as garb with the Zach Galifianakis facial hair passing as period?

See how I cheated and just described half of dorking? Yeah, I don't remember you. Must've been too busy sluttin' it up.

This made me spill my morning coffee.
You are full of win!!!

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby Peregrine » Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Zwei ap Owen wrote:. I'm an honest to God medievalist, which makes my involvement in this game a lot like that of a zoologist in the Big Foot Society.

something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Cansu » Wed May 26, 2010 3:34 pm

I don't think zoologists have conventions anymore - I think there's about a dozen of them remaining, and they're all 80. Everyone who would be a zoologist is a now either a taxonomist or a behavioral ecologist. Other than that, though, the analogy holds up and certainly gets the point across.

I don't see myself making it out to an Ohio event in the next... eh, five, maybe ten years, but are you bringing your gregarious * to Rag? I'll be there for the last weekend, as plans go. Of course, being Kutriguri means that I'll spend half of that weekend standing very still while being eaten alive by bugs during a series of private ceremonies, but that still leaves some waking hours to socialize. And drink. The ceremonies make the drinking mandatory.

Cansu
Scout
Scout

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 am

Best ad campaign for the unit yet... "Stand around drunk and alone being eaten by bugs". I wuvs yous guys.

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Cansu » Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 pm

By "private" I mean "just the unit." It makes the occasion that much more special when you can play a game of bulgar chicken, waiting to see who'll be first to break and slap the invertebrate that's excavating an additional orifice in their neck. Must remember to buy more Deep Woods Off for Rag.

Cansu
Scout
Scout

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Mon May 31, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm leaving my gregarious * at home this year and just bringing my standard one. No likes to be upstaged as a conversationalist by their own butt, whatever Blazing Saddles may have suggested to you. Pity for you, though, I'll only be up there from the first weekend through Thursday. However, I hear if you drink enough of that Deep Woods Off that the restless spirit of Aleister Crowley will appear and lead you on a journey of self-discovery. That'd be kind of like me being there.

It's funny about your ceremonies. In Gwynedd, it's the other way around, where drinking tends to lead to ceremonies. Lord knows I'd never have been made a Dork-Knight if I hadn't gotten Lorrymar all hooched up first.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Just got back from this same thing in Baltimore MD. it was tons of fun. I was a little worried that the different game rules would get in the way, but without armor muddying the waters, it worked out just fine. It was a little funny hitting a guy in the leg and watching him hop around instead of dropping to a knee, but after a couple of fights, you get used to it.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:51 am

It was really good to have your old * come out and fight! Good times!

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Previous

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports